SAM - Scenery Animation Manager 1.0.0

(8 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

SAM is a native XP11 plugin offering different possibilities to animate sceneries with jetways, hangars, marshaller and more.

Detailed information can be found in the Threshold Club.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ron Baruah

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

It might sound weird. A few days back I woke up from an odd dream where I saw some amazing jetways for X-Plane, multiple connections, no restrictions like autogate and turns out dreams do come true. SAM is wonderful platform with many possibilities, the potential and power is too great to be foreseen. At first it might look quite hard to implement it in your scenery but it is as easy as just placing the objects through WED. The developer is a nice guy, he did all the hard work of mapping the jetways to almost every aircraft. 

No matter where or how you park, the jetway is going to come provided you are in the range. However if you might feel it is quite slow when it comes to connecting to the aircraft, don't worry thats how it works in real life. The feature which really impressed me was that the jetway actually interacts with the aircraft. It constantly adjusts to the configuration and it can be put on and off multiple times without moving the aircraft (a feature that was not possible in autogate).

However this plugin does have its share of bugs like any other plugin fresh off the design studio does, but this not a thing to worry about as the developer is really active and constantly improving the package. At the moment only two jetways designs each from steel and glass are available, in the future I hope there will be more designs as the library gets updated.  

Share this review

Link to review
flying._.cola

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Amazing plugin with great power! The interface is amazing and its capabilities are great! thank you!

Will be creating/updating many sceneries with the help of this plugin

Response from the author:

Thanks keep us up to date of your work 🙂

Share this review

Link to review
risuali45

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

cant complain.excellent work

A350_xp11_68.png

• Like 2

Share this review

Link to review
distoxx

· Edited by distoxx

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Finally ! Thank you very much for this long awaited plugin ! It works perfectly and is really easy to use for developers.

Share this review

Link to review
xAviation

I don't need to do the experience to put 10 Stars, All users of this plugins are amazed . So yeah Congrats !!

Share this review

Link to review
Argaeus

Excellent idea, thank you for creating this plugin and sharing your work with the community. Awaiting for more animated objects 🙂

Share this review

Link to review
Evan Purcell

Fantastic plugin.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what our developers can do with easy access to scenery-based datarefs!

Share this review

Link to review
M_c

· Edited by M_c

Great plugin, it has been way to long thank you guys for the awesome work! Btw are you including extensions to the jetways for airports which have a greater distance from the terminal to the actual moving jetway? 

Response from the author:

Type 1 has 10m extension, type 2 something around 16-18 I think. We'll hopefully add more in the future. 

Share this review

Link to review

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use