About This File
NZHTG Helicopter Training Ground v3
X-Plane 11.30+ is required!
This is version 3.0, based on Hovercontrol's NZHTG version 2.0 (the original is available at https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/40018-helicopter-training-set/)
It is a fictional airfield and Helicopter Training Ground located in New Zealand, roughly 25 kilometers down hwy 6 from the town of Fox Glacier (NZFH).
This set is designed specifically for Helicopter pilots to be able to train and practice exercises that will help them become better rotary wing pilots.
It is best used online with other pilots to coach you with tips. I highly recommend to use this scenery with Lyndiman's freeware ortho scenery, DazaXIII's awesome NZ sceneries and also you may want to use an overlay scenery, like Alpilotx's NZ Pro overlay.
Lyndiman's NZ Ortho Photography set is available at https://lyndiman.com/lyndimans-new-zealand-ortho-photography-set/
Alpilotx's NZ Overlay is available at http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-new-zealand-pro/
DazaXIII's NZ sceneries are available at https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/564549-dazaxiii/content/&type=downloads_file&change_section=1
Included starting locations:
NZHTG - The airfield with a grass runway and three helipads.
NZHTGS - A carrier, some frigates and several on-sea landing points, two helipads are available as starting positions (one on the carrier and one on a frigate).
NZHTGC - A campsite near to the airfield with two helipads.
Updated "Handy Objects" (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24261-the-handy-objects-library/)
Updated "CDB Library" (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27907-cdb-library/)
Updated "OpensceneryX" (https://www.opensceneryx.com)
Updated "HungaryVFR Library" (https://github.com/nhadrian/X-plane_HungaryVFR/archive/HungaryVFR-Library.zip)
Updated "MisterX Library" (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/28167-misterx-library-and-static-aircraft-extension/)
Hopefully all required libs are listed.
Hovercontrol for the original scenery
FlyAgi for the vegetation
Chris for Sea Life
Union Vogelhirsch for everything else
Changes what I made:
- The Carrier / Frigate now are seperate from NZHTG, has it's on ICAO code.
- Added some life to its surroundings.
- A lighting house with a helipad and an oil rig with its own helipad has been added.
- Fully reworked NZHTG airfield, lots of objects, buildings and vegetation.
- Relocated the training grounds so it will fit to the ortho scenery.
- FieldNoise integration, voice over instructions at the training grounds.
- A campsite near to the airfield with a beauty view with two helipads.
If you would like to donate you can by PayPal, or you can buy me a cofféé, thanks!
What's New in Version 3.0.2 See changelog
- Fix some objects placements
- Library elements update (update your OpensceneryX to version 4.1.0)
NZHTGC H1 helipad size adjustments
- the AW139 won't fall of from the helipad if you are using it as a starter location