About This File
This supplementary plugin for the X-Crafts E-Jets family automatically loads configuration settings per aircraft, based on a config file in the livery, similar to what may be seen on other airliners for X-Plane. This plugin manages the wheel covers, avionics, weight units, and (for the E175), the extended winglets. No more having to worry about setting up aircraft settings for every new flight!
- INSTALLATION -
Simply drop the included LiveryConfig folder into the plugins folder of your E-Jets installation. (NOT the Resources/plugins folder!)
- CONFIGURATIONS -
To specify per-aircraft configurations, a config.cfg file must be present in the root of the folder for each aircraft livery. An example configuration for the default livery N620QX Alaska/Horizon is included, and can be modified for any other aircraft following the guide below. If no config file is present, the livery will still load fine - it will just use the default settings.
Note that all key/value pairs are case insensitive, and can be capitalized per your preference. The WingType entry will only be considered with the E175 model, as no other E-Jets use the extended winglet option, so this line can be omitted for E170/E190/E195 liveries.
- "lbs": Aircraft weight units will be in Pounds.
- "kgs": Aircraft weight units will be in Kilograms.
- "long": Enables the extended winglets (For aircraft type E75L).
- "short": Preserves the old-generation winglets (For aircraft type E75S).
- "Load25": Preserves the old-generation Load 25 PFD layout.
- "Load27": Enables the new-generation Load 27 PFD layout.
- "false": Disables the wheel cover model on the main landing gear.
- "true": Enables the wheel cover model on the main landing gear.
!! ATTENTION: I have been warned by Steve Wilson that tampering with the weight units dataref *might* be unstable, as it is plugin-controlled. However, in my testing, it has appeared to work perfectly seamlessly, and I have not encountered any adverse affects from it. If it proves to be uncooperative for you at all, though, I will remove it from the plugin.
Please let me know if you encounter any issues! Enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.1.0 See changelog
Added improved logging.