* Five paints for application upon the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner digital models, all worn by the same airframe with the manufacturer's serial number 33359.
* The real aircraft currently resides at the Texas Air & Space Museum in Amarillo.
* Learn more about the history of MSN 33359 at:
* View the Google Photos gallery for this package at:
* There is no "a" initial livery, which was earmarked for the US Army Air Force TC-47B (44-77027) for which no reference image was found.
* As the "b1" paint job, the U.S. Navy designated this aircraft as their equivalent: R4D-7.
* The lightning bolt on liveries "d1" and "d2" could not be positioned across the cowl flaps due to inhospitable texture referencing by the digital model.
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain digital model for X-Plane 11 & 12. Obtain it from:
* This package is also compatible with the VSKYLABS DC-3 Airliner digital model for X-Plane 12 only. Obtain it from:
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Some liveries represent passenger door equipped aircraft, which are painted as such but do not visibly align with the animated cargo door objects.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their optional activation.
* Optional replacements for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
1. X-Plane version 11 or 12
2. A legal copy of the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 65 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSKYLABS or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from Robert W. Heyen.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSKYLABS or Laminar Research with questions regarding this package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
* Positive reviews and comments are always welcome.
* Constructive criticism is solicited ...but read the "the notes.txt" first!
* Support future updates to this package and the development of new liveries: