A collection of liveries (does not include the plane) applicable to the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain and DC-3 Airliner add-on aircraft for X-Plane 11 & 12. Depicting the paint schemes applied by the original purchasers of the Douglas DST and DC-3 models before World War II interrupted commercial production.
1. AB Aerotransport SE-BAA "Ornen"
2. Aer Lingus EI-ACA
3. Air France F-ARQJ
4. Airlines of Australia VH-UZJ "Kyilla"
5. American NC25673 "Flagship Big Spring"
6. Braniff NC25666
7. Canadian Colonial NC21750
8. Československá Letecká Společnost OK-AIE
9. Chicago and Southern NC25626
10. China National 46
11. Civil Aeronautics Authority NC14
12. Dai Nippon Kōkū J-BDOL "Kashiwa"
13. Delta NC28340 "City of Atlanta"
14. Eastern NC16095 "338"
15. Far East Fur Trading MT-16
16. Hawaiian NC33606 "Mauna Loa"
17. KLM PH-ALW "Wielewaal"
18. Liniile Aeriene Române Exploatate de Stat (LARES) YR-PAF
19. North Eastern F-6
20. Northeast NC33622
21. Northwest NC21712 "302"
22. Pan American - Grace NC14967
23. Pan American NC18115
24. Pennsylvania Central NC21784 "Capital Liner Rocky Mount"
25. SABENA OO-AUI
26. Swissair HB-IRA
27. Transcontinental and Western Air NC17312 "350"
28. United NC16065
29. US Army Air Corps 41-7693
30. US Navy 4707 "Anacostia"
31. Western Air Express NC18101
View the Google Photos gallery for this collection at:
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain digital model for X-Plane 11 & 12. Obtain it from:
* This package is also compatible with the VSKYLABS DC-3 Airliner digital model for X-Plane 12 only. Obtain it from:
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Some liveries represent passenger door equipped aircraft, which are painted as such but do not visibly align with the animated cargo door objects.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their optional activation.
* Optional replacements for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
1. X-Plane version 11 or 12
2. A legal copy of the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 372 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSKYLABS or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from Robert W. Heyen.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSKYLABS or Laminar Research with questions regarding this package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
* Positive reviews and comments are always welcome.
* Constructive criticism is solicited ...but read the "the notes.txt" first!
* Support future updates to this package and the development of new liveries: