A collection of liveries (does not include the plane) applicable to the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain and DC-3 Airliner add-on aircraft for X-Plane 11 & 12. It depicts a sampling of the paint schemes applied upon Douglas DC-3 and C-47 variants by air carriers active during the 1950's and 60's. A second collection in this theme is available as Fleet of Fancy #8: Classic Carriers Group 2.
1. Bonanza N492
2. Continental N16061
3. Ozark N142D
4. Lake Central N21716
5. Braniff N61350
6. Western NC33671
7. Olympic SX-BBF
8. British European Airways G-AGHL
9. Allegheny N151A
10. Capital N45366
11. Aer Lingus EI-ACH
12. Frontier N65135
13. Air West N1051N
14. Pioneer N79021
15. Canadian Pacific CF-CRZ
16. Northwest Orient N79056
17. British United G-AMRA
18. Cathay Pacific VR-HDB
19. US Air Force 0-76600
20. Starways G-AMPO
View the Google Photos gallery for this collection at:
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain digital model for X-Plane 11 & 12. Obtain it from:
* This package is also compatible with the VSKYLABS DC-3 Airliner digital model for X-Plane 12 only. Obtain it from:
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Some liveries represent passenger door equipped aircraft, which are painted as such but do not visibly align with the animated cargo door objects.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their optional activation.
* Optional replacements for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
1. X-Plane version 11 or 12
2. A legal copy of the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 265 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSKYLABS or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from Robert W. Heyen.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSKYLABS or Laminar Research with questions regarding this package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Positive reviews and comments are always welcome.
* Constructive criticism is solicited ...but read the "the notes.txt" first!
* Support future updates to this package and the development of new liveries: