A collection of liveries (does not include the plane) applicable to the VSKYLABS Douglas C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner digital models for X-Plane 11 & 12. This set depicts the paint schemes applied by western Asian (a.k.a. Middle Eastern) military organizations after World War II.
1. Israeli Air Force 4X-ADA 1956
2. Israeli Air Force 4X-FAK 1958
3. Israeli Air Force 4X-FNE "032" 1993
4. Israeli Air Force 4X-FNQ "022" 2001
5. Royal Jordanian Air Force 111 1960
6. Royal Saudi Air Force 401 1965
7. South Arabian Air Force 204 1967
8. Sultan of Oman's Air Force 501 1968
9. Turkish Air Force 12-691 1990
10. Turkish Air Force ETI-23 1964
11. Turkish Air Force H-039 1990
12. Turkish Air Force KR-23 1949
13. Turkish Air Force TK52 1970
View the Google Photos gallery for this collection at:
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain digital model for X-Plane 11 & 12. Obtain it from:
* This package is also compatible with the VSKYLABS DC-3 Airliner digital model for X-Plane 12 only. Obtain it from:
* Only the aircraft's exterior is being modified by this package. Interior textures will remain the developer's default.
* Some liveries represent passenger door equipped aircraft, which are painted as such but do not visibly align with the animated cargo door objects.
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their optional activation.
* Optional replacements for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
1. X-Plane version 11 or 12
2. A legal copy of the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain or DC-3 Airliner model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 160 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSKYLABS, Laminar Research or the entities depicted.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from Robert W. Heyen.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSKYLABS or Laminar Research with questions regarding this package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
* Positive reviews and comments are always welcome.
* Constructive criticism is solicited ...but read the "the notes.txt" first!
* Support future updates to this package and the development of new liveries: