•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

Unofficial XP11.35+ upgrade to Carenado C152II v3.2 by Nhadrian 5.2.0

(2 reviews)

31 Screenshots

About This File

Hi, I'm proudly announcing my second generation (still unofficial...) upgrade to the old and outdated Carenado C152II v3.2 XP10 plane!!!

IMPORTANT NOTES - VERSIONS

• Previous version will remain available but archived, no further updates or support!
  • Each installers should run over the original Carenado C152II v3.2 plane so if you'd like to have both, you have to repeat installing method on a fresh Carenado C152II v3.2 copy again!!!

Before downloading, please consider that first you have to buy the original Carenado C152II v3.2 plane, otherwise installer will quit by an error message.
It is also important to apply the installer on a fresh copy of the original plane, don't try to upgrade your old plane that is full with third party plugins, liveries etc!!! 

IMPORTANT NOTES - INSTALLATION of NORMAL (High-resolution) version
To avoid error messages regarding file mismatches, please follow the following instructions of the installer carefully by.

1. Download a fresh copy of your plane from the store you previously bought, this will be a .zip file
  2. Extract the .zip file content into the destination directory somewhere inside /Airplanes/
  3. DON'T run the X-plane yet, because it may regenerate the plane icons or modify other files causing installer error
  4. Run installer:  Nhadrian_C152II_mod_installer_5-2-0_STAGE1.exe first!
  5. DON'T run the X-plane yet, because it may regenerate the plane icons or modify other files causing installer error
  6. Run installer:  Nhadrian_C152II_mod_installer_5-2-0_STAGE2.exe
  7. Before start X-Plane please read the attached Users Manual to get familiar with basic operation and configurations!!!
    Since there aren't any floating plugin windows anymore, Users who are already using my update should learn the new "Setup sheet and manipulators" !!!
  8. Ready to go...!

IMPORTANT NOTES - 3rd party liveries

• None of the previously created liveries will be compatible anymore!!! This is because of some serious changes in textures and objects to extended the possibilities in painting (ie. no mirror on fuselage textures anymore...). So if you want to use a previously downloaded livery, please contact the livery author and ask for an update!
  • Leen de Jager made a great helper tool for fuselage paint, can be downloaded here.

IMPORTANT NOTES - X-PLANE SETTINGS

• Please make sure you enabled the "Use experimental flight model" on X-Plane settings/General window!!!
    image.png.c8bd679364390f6424ea3370a6f002ad.png

IMPORTANT NOTE on external manipulators

• In X-Plane, cockpit manipulators are only working in INTERNAL views! That means, you have to exit from the plane in an internal view using ',' '.' and arrow keys plus right mouse button for pointing, or use the pre-defined VR hotspots outside the cockpit. In any external views manipulators are inactive so you can't click on cowling, surfaces, fuel caps, tow bar, etc.
  • See Users Manual for available manipulators inside the cockpit and outside!

COMPATIBLE LIVERIES

Livery authors, please include a Config.txt into your new liveries, and modify the line #Tailnumber with the actual tail number of your livery in it. 
If you want to use the "Bush style" payload objects, set #IsBush value to 1 in Config.txt.
Leen de jager created a great tool to help livery creators making proper fuselage sections, thank you!

Official Carenado C152 II v3.2 sources:

Recommended plugins, addons

X-Plane version compatibility statement

• 5.2.0 Update is made for XP11.40+ versions, not compatible downwards!

Operating system compatibility statement

• The installer is PC compatible only!  I will not create Linux or Mac installer because I'm not a programmer, so please do not ask for it.
    If anyone is interested in doing an installer to those platforms, contact me in PM)
  • For MAC OS or LINUX please use WINE to run the installer. The plane itself and it's plugin is compatible with MAC OS and LINUX. 
  • Another workaround if you have issues with WINE is to extract the original Carenado archive on a Windows PC and run installer on it, X-Plane itself don't have to be installed on that PC at all!!!) After installer finishes (both stages for High-res!!!) simply copy the folder on a pendrive and move it to the Linux or MAC OS X machine, copy inside X-Plane's aircraft folder.

VR compatibility statement

• The plane is fully compatible to VR environment including Teleport locations, VR compatible Yoke manipulator, etc!

CREDITS

• I'd say big thank you to all contributors who helped me a lot in previous versions: Ekre, Mike Bos, Leen de Jager, Tibor Kókai, Folko, Ollie!
  • Thank you for AudiobirdXP making the gorgeous FMOD package, based on my recrdings and his own library.
  • Thank you for Stephane Cornelis helping in fligh mode refinement and documentation build up.
  • Thank you for Peter Szabo compilig the Manual, making illustration screenshots and taking part in "Bush Style" livery development.
  • Thank you for Propstrike Studios Team supporting "Bush Style" with some beautiful 3D objects.
  • Thank you for Yoyoz giving me useful and important tips for SASL programming.
  • Thank you for Claudio Nicolotti (Nico87) from SimCoders.com making corrections in stall-behaviour.
  • Thank you for Saso Kiselkov (skiselkov) releasing the librain plugin for the community on Github.
  • Hereby I'd say thank you to Carenado who finally allowed the publication of my work, although this is really an unofficial upgrade, all changes compared to the original plane made by myself without any influence by Carenado. 

SUPPORT

• This is a freeware upgrade I made for my pleasure in my spare time, but decided to share with the community because this little plane deserves it! Thousands of PPL pilots around the world were grown up on this small bird, so it's time to have something serious for XP11.10+ versions! But please understand that my time is limited so I can't give as detailed full-time support as a Commercial Author can give. Also please understand that I'll not be able to fulfill personal wishes like new functions, liveries, etc that don't match my own ideas. 
  • Support thread: https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/1453-support/

DONATION

• As I write previously, I did this project for my pleasure, and for the community. So it is freeware and all possible future updates will be free from my side. If you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate by paypal, please contact me at nhadrian(a)gmail.com .

Key features list - some highlights

• BRAND NEW flight model and systems, to match XP11.35+ latest possibilities. 
  • Flight model and systems are tested and dialed in by real pilots, even in aerobatic flights.
  • SASL2 plugin reworked from the ground with extended possibilities, less CPU use and better graphics
  • FMOD sound package
  • COMPLETE "Bush pilot pack" incl. optional tundra wheels and custom liveries with tons of great bush style internal objects
  • ALL plane systems are now modelld and working incl. the missing Fuel shutoff valve, Ammeter, etc.
  • C152 Aerobat roof windows as a selectable feature with new realistic livery
  • REALISTIC "bird strike" effect like never seen before
  • ALL buttons, switches and knobs are animated and working
  • TONS of new working objects like G430, G530, iPad, Autopilot, DME, GS indicator, Stopwatch, etc.
  • NEW normal maps and detailed textures on most of old and new objects 
  • NEW PBR windshield and windows with real reflections, scratches on the inside and outside. New gauges glasses with real reflections, scratches
  • TONS  of geometry model and texture fixes to get rid of preivous artifacts
  • TONS of new small additional details (like realistic door handles, HERO cameras hidden in the glove compartment, etc.)
  • NEW high resolution liveries incl. a blank white livery for painters and a new special livery that gives polished metal surface to the plane!
  • REALISTIC refueling by plugin and animated objects
  • INTERACTIVE floating checklist, Setup and information sheets
  • XP11 style external lights
  • NEW walkaround manipulators, all control surfaces and even the stall-horn can be tested during a walkaround!
  • DETAILED engine and removable cowling
  • VR compatible setup sheet for TOTAL VR COMPATIBILITY
  • USABLE tow bar with manipulator
  • RealityXP GTN650 integration + Garmin G5 replicas
  • Smoke system for Aerobat version
  • AND MANY MORE...

For complete and detailed features list, please read the attached "NHADRIAN_version_history.pdf". 

I wish you all happy flying and safe landings!

Nhadrian

What's New in Version 5.1.0   See changelog

Released

Because of serious changes under the hood (moving to SASL3) please apply installer on a fresh copy of Carenado C152II v3.2!

Please note that although intense beta testing there can be issues with SASL3 and your system,
so don't erase the v5.0.0 before you are 100% sure that the new v5.1.0 works as expected!!!

Thank you for understanding, I wish you safe landings!

• BUGFIX: Removed unwanted heat effect from wings causing wing-tip vortices
  • BUGFIX: strobe lights glass object not hidden with housing
  • Parking brake and static elements logic refined, for new commands see Users Manual
  • Warning label on yoke when Experimental flight model is not enabled
  • Corrected GNS530 size and button manipulator issues
  • New external objects when Cowling is open
  • Plugin is updated to SASL3
  • Fuel lever gauges and oil pressure/temp gauges are now swapped to match real panel layout by POH
  • Gauges can be covered by stickers for training purposes
  • G5 HSI can be used with any GPS configuration (GNS430, GNS530, GTN650)
  • New external G5 EFI and HIS floating windows with- and without bezel. Configurable via custom C152 menu in the top menu bar.
  • Reality-XP GNS430 integration. Requires Reality-XP GNS 430 V2 plugin!

User Feedback