About This File
have you ever dreamed on what would happen if you'd try to add electric drive to your ASK21 as a DIY home bulider?
At lease I have, so this is my latest development, a fictional ASK-21E electric glider.
This will be the first test flight, so you guys will be the test pilots in this project!
(QUICK TIP: you can use b21/wing level commands with keyboard or buttons and level wings before take off!)
- Battery: SAFT VL41M Li-ion cells, 72 cells in a row, split into two packages located in the wings.
- Motor: 43 kW brushless electric motor
- Prop: 1,6 m diameter carbon composite folding prop
- ESC: 200 A 250 V brushless electric speed controller (ESC) with LCD
- Prop mast: retractable with dc electric driven mechanics
- Empty weight: 490 kg
- Maximum take-off weight: 660 kg
- Empty CG: 650 mm from datum
- CG limits: between 234 mm and 468 mm from datum
- Maximum overload: +5G / -3G (reduced because of increased weights)
- Performance data: N/A - needs to be specified by test pilots during the test flight program...
- detailed 3D visual models of the drive train with PBR textures
- detailed system modelling of the drivetrain via plugin scripts
- 3D sound for engine pylon movement (both internal and external views)
- temperature logic for every important component of the drivetrain
- selectable unit for ASI, winter vario, altitude indicator, GPS and 302 vario (according to unit on Setup sheet, unit settings in USER_SETTINGS.lua are now deprecated)
Other modifications are the same as in my basic ASK-21 upgrade, this plane includes the original "B21" version of the Laminar ASK21 with the following changes/addons:
- all instruments have animated real 3D objects
- real PBR glass objects for the instruments
- LCD displays got a backlit option
- interactive, VR compatible Setup sheet for proper weight and balance configuration
- lot of PBR overhauling on internal and external textures
- adjusted viewpoints for both VR and normal use
- pilot on the back seat is added (3D model is from another default Laminar Research plane)
- AviTab integration with some additional items
- new spin ballast 3D object that varies with spin ballast weight
- new red livery based on a real paint
- new fictional livery created by PWDT
- reworked particle system
- each livery set's the proper tailnumber for ATC operation (the content of the Tailnum.txt within livery folders)
- a simple user's manual for the original B21 plugin is included, please read carefully to get familiar with new commands, datarefs and functions!
- simply extract the .zip into your /Aircraft folder and enjoy!
- All credits for the default ASK21 and the B21 mod goes to the authors, detailed on B21's download page!!!
- Thank you for 'PWDT Team' for the new green livery!
- Thank you for 'misu' making an electric system temperature model! Source: https://github.com/ksgy/electric-engine-model
- If you like my work and would like to support my freeware projects, or simply buy a beer, my paypal is nhadrian(a)gmail.com.
Stay tuned and happy landings!
What's New in Version 1.0.6 See changelog
- fix component temperature initialization
- new PC-Pilot livery
- SASL updated to 3.10.2
- 302 vario TOP number fix
Both MEGA and GOOGLE download link added.