•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

General Electric CF6-80E1 Engine Mod for JAR330 1.1.1

(35 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the GE CF6 80E1 Engines for the JAR 330

Release-Image.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's with Custom Particles in icing conditions.

This is a High Quality texture mode - 4K Textures.

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of heart'd, if you don't have much experience with mods and editing object files, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit has been included in the zip file, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the GE Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the GE CF6-80E1 engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club:

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default
objects folder, if the GE Engines basic texture is in the objects/GE Engines folder in the default directory for the JAR330, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

This is a Visual Mod only, there is no change to performance in this mod, you will still get the same performance you would using the RR Engines and you will still see "EPR" on the ECAM

Previously Known Issues

1) The Old version removes the "MISC_2.obj" this removes part of the cabin, I have updated the version and updating the Manual to fix this issue, there will be some further Object Editing in text editor required.

------

Looking for more engine textures? check out the below link;

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/tags/ge mod/ 

Thanks;

@Julien14

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

1) Updated textures, this was to include an AO (Ambient Occlusion) addition to darken the shadowy areas of the engine,  this also included some changes to the Normal, adding some dirt to the normal.

2) Paint kit, UV Unwrap and Liveries have been changed, this is to make making new liveries easier for people the original way was not very good and often very difficult to make liveries if it span the entire engine face.

3) Updated the N1 Transition Animations to make it look better and more seamless rather than instantly changing.

4) I have included some Clean Engine textures for those that have requested it, the is also a clean and dirty engine texture layer on the paint kit for those livery painters that want to add options for both.

image.png.a6d0eacab278fe4e184f10784ccd65a4.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Kram

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is far better than the other GE mod.  Thank you so much for your dedication.  A PW version would be greatly appreciated too (no pressure though).

• Like 2
Link to review
kieranharvey95

· Edited by kieranharvey95

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Looks decent but unfortunately not compatible anymore as the latest version for XP12, does not have the referenced lines in Misc_2 and despite following every other instruction you get some leftover objects at the engine exhuast and the bars for the reversers. Hoping it'll eventually be XP12 compatible 🙂

EDIT: Do not perform Misc_2 steps but instead just delete Misc_4.obj, sorted.

• Like 2
Link to review
hebrew

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I found that the new version of Jar A330 v4.1 have protection.If you open the plane in Plane maker and change like the engines to Ge

and load the plane it have a pluging error.So keep an old v3 so you can still use the ge mod.

Response from the author:

Not sure if that is correct I have v4.0.5 and it works fine for me. I'll try the mod out on 4.1 to check. (Update) Reinstalled 4.1R2 which is the latest version and added in the mod in and it works fine same as v4.0.5.

Link to review
timmse101

Hey

Thanks for the nice mod

But i have also the same problem with the grey textures dont know why i followed everything like in the tutorial hope you can help me 

Thanks

Tim

Link to review
Drew

it is awesome! can someone leave a link to some liveries for it?

• Like 1
Link to review
chadas

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Really well done. Great models and textures!

• Like 1
Link to review
flou

Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 1
Link to review
DS1971

· Edited by DS1971

Every now and then comes a piece of work that shifts the paradigm of what a study level engine should look and move like in X Plane. Outstanding work my friend. A must have for engine connoisseurs (and not only). Folks, do your self a favour and spend the time and effort to install these beauties on your A330. They can only get better if and when a proper GE sound pack comes to market (BSS?) for X Plane 11.50

• Like 1
Link to review
avgaskoolaid

Excellent modeling and texture work

• Like 1
Link to review
Julien14

very nice!!

• Like 1
Link to review
VOZ102

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

I found the error with the grey textures! It was driving me crazy but I found out what it was. The instructions step number 12 should say:

Click on the Grey square next to the text box of the first empty new entry and open the following files in each of the 5 new entries;
• GE-Particles.obj  ---> located in JD330 GE\objects\GE Engines\particles
• GE_L_Engine.obj ---> located in JD330 GE\objects\GE Engines
• GE_R_Engine.obj ---> located in JD330 GE\objects\GE Engines
• ge_engine_l_n1.obj ---> located in JD330 GE\objects\GE Engines
• ge_engine_r_n1.obj ---> located in JD330 GE\objects\GE Engines

The confusion is that there are objects files also in the Particles folder- these are the wrong ones to select - that is why the textures are grey! 

Hope that helps someone! 

p.s great mod!

• Thanks 2
Link to review
Harsh

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Hey Carda,

I recently got the JAR A330 and tried out your CF6 mod. It's modelled great, but the textures don't show up whatsoever and the objects are gray. I followed everything as per your manual.

Hope you can help,
Harsh

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.07.16 - 11.18.52.08.png

Hmm that picture looks like it can't find the ge engine textures.. can you check the ge_engine.png is in your object folder?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Oliver Thomas

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Absolutely beautiful engines! The time and effort you put into this really shows. Great job!

• Like 1
Link to review
Ben_7

2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

Engines looks good but they wont start I have tried a clean install of the a330 and engine mod and they still will not start, I followed all the instructions correctly made a backup of the original renamed it and still wont move. Clearly something in the manual is causing a change to something not visual as the mod is affecting the movement of the plane.

I've advised others on this issue, the mod is a visual mod, it should have no impact to the system, unless you have accidently changed something in plane maker you shouldn't of. If you want to record your screen in a video of doing the mod and then launching the game to not being able to start the engine. I will be happy to review it and advise if you have done something wrong. But its not something I have been able to replicate to be able understand to then be able to advise you or others on.

• Like 1
Link to review
Ramtin

· Edited by Ramtin

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Most of the people are having issues with the engines, they dont help us with the problem! they blame us that we are doing something wrong its the 19th time ive tried still the engine doesnt start! 

not happy with the support, and i am not the only one

(edited) DONT CHANGE THE ACF FILE NAME!!!!

Unfortunately you've not provided enough information for me to provide support, the mod is a texture/model change, it should have no impact to the plane, the only way the plane might be affected is by there being a step that has been done incorrect or miss understood that you have changed with in the acf file in plane maker, for instance change of the ACF name or author information, some of the develops plugs may require the correct name to function, this has caused issues with the FFA320 in the past. But with out know or seeing everything you have changed in the plane maker I am unable to assist nor am I able to replicate you issue.

• Like 2
Link to review
calinegroo

· Edited by calinegroo

2 of 5 members found this review helpful 2 / 5 members

I did all the steps correctly, checked if it's right like 2 times and when i load it in xp the engines won't start whatever i do. They just show up but don't start. I'm using v3.3r4

image.png.bf6af71fabbd22758afb836ca9f2cb1e.pngimage.png.da3a71552548be4765bc3adb98d38d66.pngimage.png.0364077815b7e764622ffcfc940bdb05.png

You asked for evidence, there's the evidence. From my view, i've done everything correctly but still the engines won't start. 

Problem like this is hard to diagnose from pictures, the objects/misc object don't really impact the functionality you could have a box in the misc object and the engine would start they just reference objects that are just visuals.

When you say the engines don't start, is it complete not starting nothing on the ECAM, no spool up on the ecam no audio of the engine starting or any engine blur? or is it no heat blur.

What might be more helpful is a video, show me plane maker, what you have changed in plane maker, misc object, if you have changed any of the engine page or the authors panel. Then go in to explain and show me on a video what happens.

The only other thing I can advise is try the new version of JAR 330 4.0.5 I currently use that with the engine and it works ok for me. 

• Like 1
Link to review
ayed5512

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Nice one. Working great. Just need some liveries for this.

Link to review
HugoG1560

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

This GE engine looks really good but the engines won’t start up. I followed the manual correctly. I can start up the engines from the menu that appears when you move your cursor to the top of the window. But I like to startup from the cockpit. How to fix it?

I've advised others on this issue, the mod is a visual mod, it should have no impact to the system, unless you have accidently changed something in plane maker you shouldn't of. If you want to record your screen in a video of doing the mod and then launching the game to not being able to start the engine. I will be happy to review it and advise if you have done something wrong. But its not something I have been able to replicate to be able understand to then be able to advise you or others on.

• Like 1
Link to review
PedroU

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Like many people here, the engines look awesome but won't start up. Is it still a mystery? I have done the process like ten times and the result is the same! 😒

• Like 2
Link to review
WCS3

This is really great work!

So, I can't get the JAR A330 autopilot to work (I'm not alone) due to some plug-in interference that I'm unwilling to part with.

So, I've installed this MOD on the RWDesigns aircraft. 

Any way to get permission from them to include an official install instructions set from you?  (I can't figure out how to get reverse thrust animations to work.  The engines are in place, look great!

Thanks
Bill

It is possible to put it on RWDesign not been asked before I down own it myself, I'd need to know the datarefs for the plane what they use as the JAR uses specific datarefs that are no laminar so they don't translate to other planes.

• Like 1
Link to review
C7_Stingray

I am having trouble getting the liveries to work. I created an objects folder and put the GE Engines folder in the objects folder for each livery. Since I have little clue of what I am doing I need help.

if you're putting the livery in the GE Engines folder in the Objects folder of the livery it should work, check your names make sure they match the base structure/folder/file names.

Link to review
  • image.png.95d5f6237735dbb51a7d356de65d5186.png

• OprahMeme_2.jpg.3af42e4c51461eca171dd44c371d002e.jpg

• Top Downloads

1. More information about "Boeing 737NG Series"
    2. More information about "737-700U"
      By Captain Kitten
         83,793   104
    3. More information about "737-900U"
      By Captain Kitten
         67,262   12
    4. More information about "Scenery Animation Manager - Suite"