•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

LTFM Istanbul Intl. GWS1.0.1

(5 reviews)

14 Screenshots

About This File

LTFM Istanbul Airport for X-Plane 11 (11.30+)
Version GWS1.0 NATURAL (Sloped) and FLAT versions.

This is a slightly enhanced rendition of my LTFM Istanbul (future) Gateway version, furnished with SAM jetways, DGS panels and marshallers for better immersion.

If you want a full custom scenery please follow this link

The new layout includes RWY 18/36 which is due to open next  week but there are no instruments yet to guide you to approach them. They will be added most probably with the next update of  AIRAC files. 
Complete layout was redrawn based on more than 100 google Earth Pro hi-res screen shots stitched together and all ground markings, direction and location signs along with gate/ramp numbers are placed as close to real life as possible.

As the default X-Plane mesh is still very much outdated along with the mesh created during orthophoto creation using Oscar Pilote's Ortho4XP, I made a patch file for the airport area using JOSM tool. I used official AIP charts to obtain the elevations at certain points of the runways and aprons and also used cross section obstacle charts to create the actual slopes of each and every one of the 5 current runways.

Installation instructions are in the readme files.

Required libraries (thanks to their authors):

- BS2001 Objects Library
- CDB-Library
- Europe_Library
- FJS_Scenery_Library
- The_Handy_Objects_Library
- MisterX_Library
- OpenSceneryX
- SAM_Library and plugin

If you do not already have the libraries used in this package, you may find download links in the Master Library List: 
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=90776
Else Google is your friend.

No lock is strong enough to stop thieves. Please respect Copyright.

Enjoy.

H Buberci

June 14, 2020

Edited by Argaeus
Revised description and Navaid info.

What's New in Version GWS1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Natural and Flat options separated to avoid confusion.

SAM revised DGS files shared (with permission from Marten@Stairport)

User Feedback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

hsozkn

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great work for this massive airport. 

• Like 1
Link to review
abcd

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

first of all it is really beautiful but the hangar and tha glasses at the top of the terminal is not same with the real airport. i hope you will fix it

Response from the author:

Thanks for posting a review and for the rating. This is in no way compareable to the custom scenery that we shared about 18 months ago which is clearly stated in the readme files. Just consider this one as a "1 step higher category" than a Gateway scenery.

Link to review
fatih.koz

· Edited by fatih.koz

The airport and the total project is very good, thanks to all involved in this great scenery ... The only problem is I can not use any of the gates to start my flight, it always results a CTD with (This application has crashed because of the plugin: AOS) error, which is related to SAM.

I have the latest SAM plugins (2.0.9) and followed the steps of scenery installation, tried both with default SAM docking files and the provided updated/corrected files, nothing changed.

I used this scenery with no problems at all with 11.50 B16 , CTD's started after B17 ... I did a fresh install (of both the sim and the scenery) for testing but still getting same gate CTD's.

Currently only way I can use this great work is to start from open positions. Even after landing I request open positions from online ATC to avoid CTD at gates.

Waiting for a new version or a fix, otherwise I may revert back to the gateway edition.

Safe flights

Addition / Reply To Author's Request : Hi, I reverted back to 2.0.7 and replaced sam defaults with provided files,  CTD was still happening 😞 So I returned back to the gateway edition. Will try with SAM 2.1.0 and report, hope it solves the problem.

Update 2 : I just finished my test flights (inbound/outbound) with X-Plane 11.50 rc1 and SAM 2.1.0 (OpenGL & Vulkan) no CTD at gates anymore.

Can you please revert to SAM 2.0.7 and then copy the provided "Resources" folder in your X-Plane base folder (6 files need to be replaced again). Let me know if this works so that I can let @Marten@Stairport is aware of the situation. Else, please write back so that we will try to find and sort your problem out.

• Like 1
Link to review
Ramtin

a better improvement than the v1 custom modeled for now! cant wait for v2 of the custom modeled ltfm any release date updates 😛

990509585_X-Plane2020-07-1023-48-09.png.07d13dee43994975d4c1bb0ad4905a32.png

• Like 1
Link to review
yavuz

· Edited by yavuz

Hello Hocam,

Thanks for the great scenery, however, the runway and some other places are full of trees. Did I miss anything when installing?

I have just figured it out and now It looks an amazing scenery. It gives a feeling like you are taxiing in the real Airport. Thanks again.

It must be the scenery loading order from scenery_packs.ini file. Also make sure that you have all necessary object libraries installed properly.

Link to review
  • image.png.95d5f6237735dbb51a7d356de65d5186.png

• OprahMeme_2.jpg.3af42e4c51461eca171dd44c371d002e.jpg

• Top Downloads

1. More information about "Boeing 737NG Series"
    2. More information about "737-700U"
      By Captain Kitten
         83,793   104
    3. More information about "737-900U"
      By Captain Kitten
         67,262   12
    4. More information about "Scenery Animation Manager - Suite"