About This File
Once started as a simple performance tweaking script FlyAgi Tweak Utility has grown quickly and is now a very powerful tool to adjust and fix many aspects of the X-Plane simulation experience. The tweaking options cover performance and environment enhancements, aircraft tweaks and features, a simple sound engine bringing some new sounds into the simulator, an advanced controller configuration menu and fun features like bird strikes configuration.
All functionality the utility provides is configurable and it does not force the user to use any of the options one does not need or like. If there are other scripts out there doing a better job in some regards just use them in addition and enjoy the features you like or need - every feature is completely optional and can be switched off.
The utility automatically detects if third party weather programs (SkyMaxx Pro, xEnviro, UltraWeather XP) are installed and configures itself to be compatible with these programs without interfering in any way. Furthermore the utility is compatible with many other lua scripts and if you find incompatible ones I will fix incompatibilty as soon as possible to make sure it can be used the way you need it.
As the tweak utility is a lua script you need FlyWithLua to make use of it:
Graphical user interface
The tweak utility provides some simple but very powerful performance tweaks. These tweaks have a high impact on FPS performance and all of them can be adjusted on the fly - no placebos, no scenery reloads.
- Fast Clouds for dramatically reduced GPU load and better overall FPS performance
- Switch off the X-Plane water effects for a huge gain in FPS
- Switch off the road traffic which can also be an FPS killer depending on settings and location
- Adjust level of detail (LOD) manually or use the autmatic LOD control feature for smoothing out performance changes
There are many options available to tweak the environment visuals to your likings - you can optimize them for even better performance or enhance your visual apperance.
- Advanced clound manipulation for optimizing the looks of clouds, very useful for optimizing the appearance of additional cloud texture sets
- Manual fog and haze control or automatically changing haze based on weather situation with the additional and fully controllable X-Visibility plugin
- Disable the white or grey out effect when flying through clouds
- Many shadow options for optimizing shadows for better performance or visuals
Aircraft tweaks and features
The utility adds some features to all aircraft enhancing your experience with older ones or those lacking in some aspects.
- Aircraft persistance - return to your plane and find it as you left it before
- Automatic fuel tank selector changing fuel tanks based on imbalance so you are always on the fuller tank
- Automatically set barometric pressure if needed
- Automatically adjust the gyro compass if needed or use this feature to fix aircraft withou manipulation knobs equipped
- Add crew oxygen supply to any aircraft
The integrated sound engine privides additional dynamically controlled sounds - all sounds are highly configurable.
- Wind sounds
- Rain sounds with additional heavy rain effect
- Rattle sounds for ground, turbulence or both
- Save X-Plane sound volume independently through the utility - this allows for setting up different volume configurations for any aircraft
The utility adds some useful options for simple and effective calibration corrections, nullzone adjustments and some tweaks.
- Add nullzones to your controls without the need of complex response curve adjustment
- Manually correct the controller's center or neutral position if needed
- Adjust trim sensitivity
- Correct weird or just unwanted roll/bank behaviour
Bird strikes can be handled by the utility with many parameters to set them up the way you like.
- Enable bird strikes
- Set conditions for bird strikes to occur
- Use damage controls to define conditions for recieving damage from bird strikes
View options and aircraft dependent field of view
Modify the default view of any aircraft without touching the acf file. This also allows to have different field of view settings for different aircraft.
- Modify position and view angle for the default view
- Set aircraft dependent fields of view
For demonstrating the performance gain I made a video flying around over New York City.
What's New in Version 1.05 See changelog