About This File
Hello fellow simmers,
This is just a small xVision 2.0 solution that enhances certain visual aspects of X Plane where Ultra Weather XP v 18.104.22.168 does not provide any processing . It is intended to be used only with UWXP. No other pluggins where tested (Skymaxx Pro, xEnviro etc) so I can't guarantee compatibility.
I have also included my Ultra Weather XP settings that work best for my sim and system. Your mileage may vary.
The shaders were chosen so that they don't conflict with UWXP's rendering/post-processing. However, use of this solution is done at your own risk. Please, keep in mind that usage of this solution in conjunction with UWXP voids support for UWXP as clearly stated in the developer's user's manual.
Having said the above this solution was tested extensively on X Plane 11.51 r1 Vulkan with no adverse effects or incompatibility issues with UWXP. I am not sure if it also works in Open GL mode of 11.51 r1 as I am only using the Vulkan mode for wich UWXP v 22.214.171.124 was developed and optimized.
What does this solution offer is:
- Vegetation shade enhancements
- Slightly increased PBR effect
- Wider and brighter sun water reflections
- Day/Night raindrop brightness and rendering adjustments
- Post processing tweaks regarding slightly increased contrast, based on luma exponential curves
- Brighter and less opaque jet contrails
Follow the standard xVision solution installation procedure:
- Save the .xvs file from this download to your xVision 2.0 folder
- Open your xVision
- Run the Restore from Backup function from the side menu
- Click on the Open solution button on the side menu and chose XV_UWXP_Companion.xvs (which you saved in 1)
- Click on the "Apply adjustment and install resources" icon on the side menu
- Wait untl xVision gives you the message that the solution has been installed (bottom of the xVision window in the Program Log tab)
IMDimitri January 2021
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.