Joe_K

X-Trident Bell 412 with Swisscreations Mod Only

Out of the VR Lab: X-Trident Bell 412 with Swisscreations mod.

This fantastic Swisscreations enhancement mod gets some much deserved VR touch controller love.  The enhancements downloaded from this page do not work with just the stock X-Trident 412, they only work with that 412 with the Swisscreations mods.  This works for both the HP and EP mods.  The cyclic and collective are now usable with VR Touch controllers, and some knobs were added and tuned, as well as teleport hotspots added for Pilot and Copilot positions.

Manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-Cyclic stick
-Collective
-Nav knobs
-Com knobs
-Heading knob
-OBS knob
-Horizon knob
-Brightness knobs
-GPS knobs etc...
-Custom Teleport Hotspots Added

New Optional Custom Features:

-We coded up a new VR compatible menu system for the Swisscreations 412 mod that combines the Configuration, Load, and SAR menus as well as many other toggles and options into a clean, modern, resizeable and repositionable window.  It works well outside of VR too.  This is the first version, many more enhancements to come and please give me feedback.  You can toggle it on and off by clicking a hidden clickspot on the bottom right screw head of the center console (see picture) or the toggle is also a registered command that you can assign to any joystick button or keystroke.  To assign once installed you can find the toggle command under FlyWithLua/SimVRLabs 412 Menus.

What's new in Version 1.1

-Save State for loadout and options (reload the way you left it)

-All Swisscreations Options now selectable

-Each Passenger has real weight -Weight is kgs now, instead of incorrectly showing lbs.

-Many various bugfixes and enhancements

-Weight is no longer changeable with slider (unrealistic)...add or remove people, gear, or fuel to add/reduce weight

What's new in Version 1.2

- Sling Load items have accurate physical weight

- Sling Load hookup Sound added

- CoPilot toggle with auto-magic seat switching

- Bugfix to squash incompatibility with FlyAgi Tweak Utility

- Added weight readout next to Jettison button

- Moved X-Pad to a more logical position instead of in your right ear

Installation Instructions:

I recommend making a backup copy of your Aircraft/AB412 folder.  Just rename it to something like AB412 Old, so you can easily just revert back if you need to.

Step 1. Unzip the file and you'll find three folders.  To add the VR enhancements, just open the EP or HP "VR enhancements" folder.  Then select all the contents and copy/paste into your that aircraft's root folder, overwrite and enjoy! 

Step 2 to add VR compatible custom menu:  You must have FlyWithLua NG installed.  If you don't have it already, do that first.  https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/38445-flywithlua-ng-next-generation-edition-for-x-plane-11-win-lin-mac/  If this is your first installation of flywithlua, once you've installed it make sure you remove every file out of X-Plane 11/resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/scripts folder.  The easiest thing to do is create another scripts folder and call it "scripts disabled" and just cut/paste them into there, in case you want to drop any of them back into the scripts folder in the future to see what they do.

Step 3:  In our zip file we had one more folder called "Custom VR Menu".  Inside you'll find one lua file.  Paste that file into X-Plane 11/resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/scripts.

Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported X-Trident or Swisscreations update, so don't expect support from them on it. If you need help you can always ask me or just revert to your backed up folders. If you lose the old files and just want to reset everything just reinstall the aircraft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be a member of the club to download any files so please go ahead and join up, otherwise you will get an error.

clicktotoggle.PNG

SimVRlabsX-TridentwithSwisscreationsModv1.2.zip

Edited by Joe_K
  • Like 3

Hey guys! I have everything installed correctly as far as I know but the trigger in the heli still won't start the vr menu for me. I also tried setting a physical button for it and I still get no response. Any common issues with this or is there anything I can try? I have Lua NG installed and the 412 is installed correctly because the vr control changed and i noticed the collective controllable with the rift controller but the magnet for the ipad is still not there and ipad spawns in the old location still. I also reinstalled everything from scratch. Also using the 3.0 version of the 412 from the x-plane store. could the 3.0 version be why things are wonky or did u guys mod this on the 3.0? Thx for your help.