audiobirdxp

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Hello, folks. After a lot of deliberation and procrastination I have decided today to cease my work on the different 737 projects. I will probably see the 700 update through, but after that I will dedicated more time to my job, my family and my health and finish the other projects I'm involved in. I won't go into further details in this place and at this time as to what other reasons I have for leaving. I enjoyed the time tremendously, I also suffered tremendously in various phases due to the toxicity that sometimes erupts in our niche community. I believe this is a good point in development for me to retreat as we have a couple of awesome planes that - at least in my view - can rival most payware products for X-Plane. What the planes need most is ZiboMODding to add more system depth, so my assets are now not so very crucial to development anymore. I wish you all happy flying. I will stick around here for a bit, but please refrain from contacting me in this matter. It is not a step I take lightly, but I take it very decidedly. Thank you all for your support all this time.

audiobirdxp / axp

• Thanks 8

Dear AXP,

Thankyou for all your work, your expertise, dedication; and sharing such an amazing and outstanding contribution with us all.

Wishing you the best of luck and happiness in everything you do

Kindest Regards,

Chris.

I can't thank you enough for what you have done. I'm have a few payware and I am flying the Zibo most of the time partly because of your soundset.

I hope that your works ends up in the hands of somebody of the Zibo team because it would be sad to see it go, it is so good.

I wish you the best for your future.

Thank you  and goodbye ! 

I would like to add my thanks for your efforts to make flying a lot of fun!  Your support on the forums will also be greatly missed.  Good luck!

Audiobirdxp,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all  your work, not only on the 737, but on all the projects you are involved.  Sometimes it is just a good time to step away and take a breath (or a couple) of fresh air .  Form experience I do understand that the are always those 'who hold on' just that little to tightly, in seeking perfection, and in doing so put pressure on the development community,  which as you say creates a very toxic working environment in which to work.  I would like to wish you the very best in all your future ad all the endeavours which you choose to undertake there in . Thank you, Sir,  for all your work.

PS: Love the Douglas Adams title  😉

Audiobirdxp,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we can't thank you enough for all of your hard work on the 737 series. Like you said, it certainly does rival a lot of payware products out there. I've personally donated to both yourself and Zibo, and you both deserve a lot of credit for what you've created.

As a developer myself, I totally understand where you're coming from, and you absolutely should take a step back if you feel like you need to do so. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and I hope to see you around the flight sim world in the future.

Keep the blue side up, my friend!

Your work will always have a place in my heart, I am very aware of your current situation and I respect a lot your decision, family and health are more important in your case. 

We in the X Plane community will never forget your passion for the 737 Project.

Farewell! And may god bless you and your family!