Safegate - Safedock - Honeywell - FMT documentation

Jengle

Just starting to do my first airport installing jetways and marshals  - KSNA.  I've got the jetways working and the basic marshals.  But the a/c are real close to the terminal so I was going to try some of the automated signs.  I may be blind, but am having a challenge finding information on the differences between Safegate, Safedock, Honeywell and FMT.  Also, I see poles with devices, and just devices.  I initially got one sign to light up, but not having success and am looking for some documentation describing the differences and the installation.  I thought it would be the same as a marshal, but maybe not.  Did a search and couldn't find anything.  For testing I was going to do a couple of gates with each so I could see the differences.

Thanks!!!  

It is exactly the same workflow like the marshaller. However to test it I propose to either run through the status test values in the authoring tool or start with engines on and move the aircraft out of range first before moving back. The VDGS starts off when you load your flight at a gate. The differentes between the VDGS systems are not documented but it is mainly a visual difference. At least it is the same setup.

• Like 1

Thanks Marten.   What is the difference between the agp and the obj files?  I don't see a preview for Safedock.  Does that provide the same functionality as Safegate?  

Jeff

Edited by Jengle

In order to see AGP previews correctly you should use the latest WED version.

An AGP file is a container for multiple objects. Makes object structuring easier in libraries. The pole is a seperate object and referenced in all AGP files as well as the VDGS itself. When we change the pole we don't have to touch all objects but only one. For you it handles just the same way like normal objects.