End of August status of 1.12

Captain Kitten

"OMG u been vapor long!"

Yep..
Been a long time since I have updated you on the progress of our next update. I will mend that now but I don't have the best news. This update is very code heavy and there aren't any tests that give nice screenshots either so they have been very absent lately. I like showing what we achieve but the only thing worth showing is the reduced grain. And when I show 1.12 Alpha test build screenshots a lot is missing so people start complaining about stuff that is not relevant..

I also feel we need another random event happening and I'll go through the screenshots added here and announce a winner of the 10$ Gift card later in this update.

"So what is going on?"
Stuff not under our control (real life) has happened lately and we're kind of in a pause in the lab with the absense of our main developer. We're not the largest dev group and we're very dependent on our main developer for the core updates. So when both he and I get occupied with life stuff at the same time the dev department halts. So my hopes of getting 1.12 out this month got crushed. We'll be back in the lab this weekend and we'll work hard on getting 1.12 to all of you. We want this done so we can tackle the next steps.

Here is some of what we have done so far:

• Automated large parts of compiling process to make assembly more efficient.
    • This will speed up development in the long run.
  • Sector bugs / squared sectors (ongoing for ever)
    • These are not xEnviro bugs - they're mostly wrong or missing data from weather stations xEnviro depends on. This is mostly server work so it goes on along side version updates. (You may have noticed xEnviro doing library database updates - that is xE updating stuff like this)
  • Wind aloft and general (ongoing)
    • 1.10 introduced a much higher fidelity on wind data. This is work that is still ongoing to adjust the datra that comes in and representing it. It has become MUCH better sith the new tech but we're still monitoring and adjusting. (Like sector bugs - this is mostly server work)
  • Performance
    • Since we gained some performance we managed to do the next step (noise reduction). So performance will be ablut the same in 1.12 as in 1.11
  • Noise reduction
    • Noise has been reduced a fair amount. We're still adjusting and assembling xE so we get an acceptable beta for the team to test.

What is needed still?

• Adjust and finetune all components to fit each other again and assemble.
  • Test beta assembly
  • Fix any issues with beta assembly of 1.12

RANDOM EVENT!

PAKFA14 won it. Again really hard to choose a winner but I chose this one now. 😃
@PAKFA14PM me the e-mail you want me to issue your 10$ Gift card to.
884273705_b738_4k-2019-07-2918_11_32.png.8b68a87dff1b297a5b01876081788328.png.31a9d2eecbe9e3c197da2357f3fe0aa7.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...