ESKS - Scandinavian Mountains Airport [RELEASED]

runawaybot

Hello again all!

Here is another announcement!

I'm currently working on what is planned to be my first Payware airport. That airport being Scandinavian Mountains Airport [SCR] for XP11.

Quite undestandably some people might not have heard of this airport before, and there is good reason for that, the airport is'nt even open IRL yet. Hence why there are no sceneries for it, not even gateway. 

I've been working (somewhat) hard the last couple of weeks scanning the internet for the few actual images of the airport. with that I've been able to start modelling. 

The model for the terminal is complete, I'm just now getting started with the UV-mapping and AO baking. I plan on releasing this airport before the real one opens December 22nd.

(just a quick message, I'm still working on ESPA luleå Airport that project is not dead)

Here is a first image for you guys to see. 

WIP_v38_C.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, Krijag said:

Do you think you will be able to release the scenery before the offical airport opening IRL 22. December?

Hello! 

Sorry for the late response.

While this was the original plan, We've decided to take some more time to complete this project. As the project gets closer to completion we will share more images and videos in anticipation of release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

While we're all waiting for this amazing scenery I've made a barebone standard scenery for ESKS Scandinavian Mountains. With this we can at least, use the airport until this scenery is released! You can find it in the x-plane org-forums.

I made this scenery just to be able to use the airport right now. This is not a scenery meant to compete with runawaybot's scenery, as his will be way better than my simple one.

I'm really looking forward to the release of this scenery! If it's going to be payware (makes sense), where are you going to sell it?

Thanks!

/Peter

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, pkorkala said:

While we're all waiting for this amazing scenery I've made a barebone standard scenery for ESKS Scandinavian Mountains. With this we can at least, use the airport until this scenery is released! You can find it in the x-plane org-forums.

I made this scenery just to be able to use the airport right now. This is not a scenery meant to compete with runawaybot's scenery, as his will be way better than my simple one.

I'm really looking forward to the release of this scenery! If it's going to be payware (makes sense), where are you going to sell it?

Thanks!

/Peter

The scenery is planned to be a payware scenery, and currently our only planned store is right here on threshold. 

Sorry for the late response as usual, I'm not really checking this forum often. 

6 minutes ago, runawaybot said:

The scenery is planned to be a payware scenery, and currently our only planned store is right here on threshold. 

Sorry for the late response as usual, I'm not really checking this forum often. 

Thanks for the reply! I'm really looking forward to this scenery!

/Peter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, 737nerd said:

Looks amazing can't wait to fly to SCR with your scenery 🙂🙂

Thanks!

Time for a quick update...

Most of the scenery is complete, Altough we are currently delaying the release due to a bug within X-plane itself. Laminar research is aware of this and it will be fixed in the next update for X-plane containing fixes to nav-data. Currently you can not find the airport in any default GPS / FMS and because of that we've decided to wait until full support before we release the airport. 

Thanks for understanding.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • runawaybot changed the title to ESKS - Scandinavian Mountains Airport [RELEASED]