Default / Gateway Jetway Question

Osprey12

I’ve read about the upcoming SAM update and add-on that will convert the fixed default jetways to moving jetways. I’ve got a default/Gateway airport I updated where I added 20 SAM jetways. I had planned to upload a copy, but it seems kind of pointless now (not a complaint). The jetways are the only non-default items. Will the user experience be significantly different between the default and SAM jetways that I placed and configured?

Great work on SAM, I’m looking forward to the update.
Thanks,

Andrew

In general I would say there shouldn't be any difference. At least the usage is 100% the same.

The WorldJetways extension is an automatic replacement of the jetways being used in each gateway airport. As you know the gateway author can choose between different sizes. So far it was only a visual difference but now it also affects the extension range of the jetway animation. If you placed a short default jetway to a position with a long distance to the actual aircraft parking spot our replacement jetway hardly be able to connect because it is a short jetway as well (maximum extension range for the shortest jetway is 14m). So there still is a chance that you can't connect although using WorldJetways extension (90% of the positions should work though).

To refer to your question directly: If you tested every parking spot with your jetway setup it will be at least as good as WorldJetways, maybe even better in the last 10%. So I would definitely propose to upload it so the user can choose whatever he likes more.

Greets Marten

Edited by Marten@Stairport