1.12 release

Captain Kitten

xEnviro 1.12.zip
(requires xEnviro which can be bought here)
To download you have to be a member of this xEnviro club here in the forum. If you do not want that you can download from here.

After a discovery where we found a way to reduce grain without losing performance. Of course it was not as easy as we had hoped from the stat but we managed to get through. If you do not like the "compromises" listed below as known issues you may still use every version from 1.06 and up to 1.12 as you please. Go to the xenviro home page to download the version you like the best. (1.10 is where volumetric clouds start and we do not support earlier versions). Here you will also find support.

We added another season feature as well:
Fall. So now you have snow and fall to play around with. If you don't like it turn the season slider down. Same with water - turn "control water waves" off and you should be able to use your favorite water fix or default.

The squared sector issues should be solved. So there should be less "bad sectors" but we can not control bad meta data other than picking up on the sectors reported by users in our discord channel. We then change or update the source to fix it. So you may come across bad sectors but they should be much less frequent. Sector border lines are seen from the underside of the clouds and will be something we attack soon. We have a plan but need headroom in performance.

Some of the known issues will be present in 1.12:

• Artifacts when clouds clip terrain (this is a hard one)
  • Sector lines
  • Contrails and particle effects make clouds invisible
  • Performance is still bad on 4k
  • Low horizon detail (some jaggedness may occur)
  • Artifacts on horizon when on ground (ocationally)
  • Grain is reduced by 40-60% but will have "hot spots"
  • Grain prominent when clouds are lit up by landing lights - and clouds look flat
  • Volumetric lights not adjusted for every air frame.
  • Terrain line at dusk/dawn (depth clip)
  • Snow may occur in impossible places (Seasons is not released snow and fall are "bonus" because we can.
  • Mountains vanishing at horizon (x-plane problem since x-plane only draws terrain 160 km)
  • Precipitation follows camera
  • Default X-Plane night triggers lights artifacts

Most of these issues will be fixed once we have performance headroom. Which is the only focus of the next update.
No side tracking what so ever.

Changelog:

Added features are:

• Aircraft lights now illuminate clouds.
  • Full clouds coverage checkbox
  • Seasons (fall and snow now present but with issues.
  • Seasonal changes intensity slider

Changed:

• Scattering equations for low sun angles
  • Better sector mixing to reduce squared appearance
  • Noise mixing law for base shapes
  • Noise mixing law for cirrus clouds
  • Noise mixing law for stratus clouds
  • Scenery light visibility law adjusted
  • Control water waves now controls water textures too
  • Wet aerodrome surface checkbox affects particles exhaust effect too
  • Snow application logic changed to remove yellow tint from the default X-Plane sun.
  • Rendering Settings renamed to Environment Settings
  • Environment settings presets changed to Simple and Realistic.

Removed:

• Maximum intensity slider for clouds
  • Maximum snow coverage slider

01.jpg.8b3e81a7015a8c625f78e60d15f1c750.jpg

1795826563_2019-10-2620_38_42-X-System.jpg.44b9a62951cc14c2911ced1ef017008d.jpg

2138702558_2019-10-2720_43_05-X-System.jpg.b01d5aad9aac30e3a985db7cc427f022.jpg1309919119_2019-10-2813_59_39-AsPowerBar.jpg.f85e57001536f21ab4542890484612d5.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats on the release!

Although I always loved how the program rendered sky and atmosphere, I never really used XE 1.10+1.11 because I found the grain to be too unpleasant to look at. This release is a huge improvement in visuals while performance seems to have stayed the same compared to 1.11. Great achievement! I will try, looking forward to trying this in different weather situations.

• Like 1

Congrats on the release captain.  I have been playing around with it for the past hour or so and I'm really excited by what I'm seeing - I think 1.12 might be a game changer for a lot of people with the massively reduced grain and multiple layers of cirrus.  Entering the soup at dusk and seeing my landing lights illuminate the clouds was amazing!  Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in and long may it continue.  

• Like 1

It looks very promising, surprisely it gets me better perf on my 4K knowing that it wasn't the focus with this update... means that i was able to get even 30 fps in OVC IMC which wasn't possible under 1.10/1.11.. I even had time to fly 40 min without getting under 20 (20 fps is barely tolerable but... still) Actually under previous versions I couldn't get such perf so this time I appreciated the huge potential of what could it be in terms of immersion as declination of lights, turbulences and the way it goes when you go through the fog or clouds that don't kill the immenserion if perfs don't go down to 13 fsp as it happened again with the 1.12 which don't allow me yet to use Xenviro fully where I use to fly in every weather conditions at an average of 35/40 fps, it could go to 28/30 but never down there.

I'm glad to read that the 1.13 will be focused on performance because as we know 4k or not we are all the same costumers! Can't wait to use Xenviro as certainely my main engine weather if it keep going this way but perf are my concern before all so that I still have to wait for the next update that is supposed to care of them which is the cornerstorm to make everybody happy imo...

Keep it up!

Edited by lknfly1
  • Like 1

Thank you xEnviro Team for keeping me up til 4am. Here is my 4K UHD screenshots of a flight I took from KPVD Providence to KTPA Tampa. Your team nailed it... When the feedback was grain you found a way to remove it. Below the base looks even better but MUCH improvement above the clouds.. WOW still in awe.

Edited by ashmanmedia
  • Like 2

03_07_2018.1.jpg.48823c2c430ec46145df70ef1078edfd.jpg

Image:

One of the very first images of our Volumetric clouds (1.10t20) Back in July 2018. Even though we feel that we have come pretty far compared to the tedious process of getting 1.10 on its feet, I just want to stress the fact that we are not done by far and that we know that 1.12 has two issues that need to be addressed as soon as possible.

Known immediate issues we will be addressing as soon as possible are:

Excessive haze & stutter issue for approx 5% of users

FPS performance is known and is on the roadmap for the next update and is not part of this immediate issues.

We will probably have to wait until our lead developers get back to the office from their vacation to be able to continue. We have tried to establish a hotfix remotely but coding half blind is a difficult task. (And remember none of us do this as primary income - we all have day jobs to feed our families - we need this break from everything and tend to them)

So the only answer I have for those who struggle now is sadly that you only have these choices to choose from:

1: (stutter problem only) Try some of the fixes that works for some users. (Uninstall xE - Install 1.11 anew and Install 1.12 on top)

2: Revert back to the last usable version for you

3: Wait until we get the fixes out (in 2 weeks we will be able to start on them when team is back)

A note for the group. Please help each other and stay civil. Some people are understandably frustrated so stay calm and help contribute to a good environment by answering questions if you can and/or referring to my statements. I won't be able to monitor the group as closely these next two weeks.