1.14 development

Captain Kitten

Hello Magnus this is the first time I have had a chance to read through the 1.14 development thread from start to finish, I found it very interesting and great to see the ever changing imagers you put up, on the 24th of March you speak of the performance path you guys have taken and through this thread the setbacks you have had to overcome, because of this how far along the performance path are you now, are you where you want to be in other words. One thing I’ve wanted to mention for a long time, but didn’t want people to think I was going nuts, whilst flying back to my home island late last summer I could see a fogbank rolling in, which rolled over and hid the smaller islands leaving the main island in sunshine, later that evening I fired up X plane with X enviro 1.10, not even thinking about what had happened earlier in the day, X Enviro 1.10 was displaying this behaviour in game, my son who had been at sea all day could not believe what we were witnessing, have you ever seen this in game yourself or even aware this could axially happen.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, Lufthansa2000 said:

Am I wrong or is the grain gone😵? @Captain Kitten

You're wrong and not wrong. Grain will always be there. But we have come far in reducing its presence.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:15 PM, clecorouge said:

"Sprincle the world with real time rendered rainbows"

Please do 😉

And be kind to us : release an update before the end of June 😉 even a public beta.

LOVE,

Cheers,

C

We don't do public betas. And it will be released when it is finished. When that is remains to be public on the day it releases 😉

On 6/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, ashmanmedia said:

Waiting patiently for xE 1.14 updates can we get video clips soon?
a screenshot? Still #1 fan even tho I caved in and bought UWXP and its keeping me during this dev time.

Not ready for video clips yet. We still struggle are working hard with tearing. Some progress is done though so when it's ready I will be making some videos.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, Gallagher said:

Hello Magnus this is the first time I have had a chance to read through the 1.14 development thread from start to finish, I found it very interesting and great to see the ever changing imagers you put up, on the 24th of March you speak of the performance path you guys have taken and through this thread the setbacks you have had to overcome, because of this how far along the performance path are you now, are you where you want to be in other words. One thing I’ve wanted to mention for a long time, but didn’t want people to think I was going nuts, whilst flying back to my home island late last summer I could see a fogbank rolling in, which rolled over and hid the smaller islands leaving the main island in sunshine, later that evening I fired up X plane with X enviro 1.10, not even thinking about what had happened earlier in the day, X Enviro 1.10 was displaying this behaviour in game, my son who had been at sea all day could not believe what we were witnessing, have you ever seen this in game yourself or even aware this could axially happen.

This might have been a coincidence. But when you add a large variety of functions in to a program that displays something as complex as weather you will at some point get the experience that the program creates fenomena on its own. You'd just have to tweak it or make small additions to make it more real. Anyways, thanx for reading it all - next update I will probably keep all the updates separate with no comments from others - just to keep it tidy.

bonus (t89):
223027197_2020-06-1510_53_11-unknown.png(PNGImage25601080pixels).jpg.2dadce76905ecb2d4427bf57408ea67e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

shit is so annoying. i want to buy it so bad but the performance on 1.13 is so bad. and its been months and all i keep seeing is screenshots. what was the point of having a separate forum, asking users to sign up for a beta yet, here you state you dont do public beta. BRUV. bomboclaat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, xlegitimate said:

BRUV. bomboclaat. 

Wow, not every day that I need to go scrambling to Urban Dictionary.  Thanks for the adventure.

But seriously, we're all going to have to just be patient.  Look at the recent debacle of a UWXP 2.6 launch as exhibit A for why the 1.14 release should be well developed and well tested.  It does no one any good to have a broken add-on...

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, xlegitimate said:

shit is so annoying. i want to buy it so bad but the performance on 1.13 is so bad. and its been months and all i keep seeing is screenshots. what was the point of having a separate forum, asking users to sign up for a beta yet, here you state you dont do public beta. BRUV. bomboclaat. 

Wow - this makes so little sense my brain hurts... 🤕
How do you know that the performance is bad for you when you don't own it? And if you don't want to see screeshots, just don't visit...
You'll know when it's relleased regardless.

And your beta comment? We have a signup topic for the beta team. Even if it's not a public beta we still need testers. 😕
These kind of comments and non logical approaches is part of why we don't do public betas in the first place.... 🤔

You're basically frustrated that development takses time. I get it. But we have to relate to reality and that includes the fact that development plainly takes time. Just the way it is.

• Like 2

h

On 6/19/2020 at 10:30 PM, xlegitimate said:

If you like it, buy it, screenshoot and video does't enough untill you own it,

• Haha 1

I almost forgot this plugin was still being worked on. Because I thought I heard that this plugin had died.

I think many think such a thing.

What work is presently going on? 

Are we waiting to see if this works on Windows 10?

Edited by Kreemerz

The last released version was (and is) 1.13. They are currently working on 1.14. This will hopefully resolve a few issues with 1.13 and increase frame rates. The plan after that is to develop it (1.15?) to be Vulkan compatible. The current version does not work in Vulkan and as I understand it, neither will the next release 1.14. The screen shots above show current development of 1.14. Hope this answers the question. They all work in Win10.

Edited by Yorkshire
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kreemerz said:

I almost forgot this plugin was still being worked on. Because I thought I heard that this plugin had died.

I think many think such a thing.

What work is presently going on? 

Are we waiting to see if this works on Windows 10?

There are countless of posts and updates you can read and it has always been available for Windows 10, what do you mean???

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yorkshire said:

The last released version was (and is) 1.13. They are currently working on 1.14. This will hopefully resolve a few issues with 1.13 and increase frame rates. The plan after that is to develop it (1.15?) to be Vulkan compatible. The current version does not work in Vulkan and as I understand it, neither will the next release 1.14. The screen shots above show current development of 1.14. Hope this answers the question. They all work in Win10.

Ah, so Xenviro is only for the older version of XPlane. Thanks

46 minutes ago, Kreemerz said:

Ah, so Xenviro is only for the older version of XPlane. Thanks

Well, 11.41 is not really an older version of XP. It is the last stable version. Everything that has come after it, including the present 11.50 beta11 is a beta. I have had plugins that worked in one beta and stopped in the next beta! That is the nature of beta's. I expect the Xenviro team is waiting for the release version of 11.50. If they develop for Vulkan now, as far as they know, the goal posts may keep changing - so time & effort will be wasted. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, Captain Kitten said:

Wow - this makes so little sense my brain hurts... 🤕
How do you know that the performance is bad for you when you don't own it? And if you don't want to see screeshots, just don't visit...
You'll know when it's relleased regardless.

And your beta comment? We have a signup topic for the beta team. Even if it's not a public beta we still need testers. 😕
These kind of comments and non logical approaches is part of why we don't do public betas in the first place.... 🤔

You're basically frustrated that development takses time. I get it. But we have to relate to reality and that includes the fact that development plainly takes time. Just the way it is.

first off. i do own your product. makes no sense for me to make a nonsensical post when i don't own/never tried use. its been months now. my ocd is so crazy that im constantly reinstalling xp/xenviro to see if i get a better perfomance and i have a beast of a rig. but in all reality i think thats what it is, im frustrated. ill be waiting patiently though.

Edited by xlegitimate
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, xlegitimate said:

first off. i do own your product. makes no sense for me to make a nonsensical post when i don't own/never tried use. its been months now. my ocd is so crazy that im constantly reinstalling xp/xenviro to see if i get a better perfomance and i have a beast of a rig. but in all reality i think thats what it is, im frustrated. ill be waiting patiently though.

Dude, it's life. Everything's a compromise. You get nicer clouds and the trade-off is frames, you can certainly disable it and gain your 20fps back using uglier clouds, it's your choice, it's a free world. It might be better giving constructive feedback than to whine and whine and whine about how bad the fps is and how you HATE this add-on. Everyone is frustrated, I have a GTX 1070 and it cuts off 10 frames off my system, I am frustrated too. But I am grateful for the beautiful rendition of the clouds and I am patiently waiting for the next patch that improves performance like everyone else. I'm sorry if I am a little harsh but it's not just not nice seeing everyone being so hateful in the flight sim community towards add-on makers. Good day mate

On 6/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, xlegitimate said:

I have been using xEnviro since version 1.07 and am currently using 1.13.  I also have another weather engine (won't mention the name).  When flying X-Plane 11.41 I am getting for the most part anywhere from 30-60 fps depending on where I'm flying.  A little lower in areas such as KSEA where the scenery is much denser.  But overall I am happy with the frames I'm getting and that is running 1.13.  When I switch to the other weather engine I don't really see much of an increase in fps if any.  I do complain about the haze in 1.13 at times and switch over to the other weather engine when it is so bad I can't stand it.  But then I realize that the haze in the other engine isn't as strong as it should be and switch back to 1.13 again.  So aside from the haze situation (and I understand that is being looked at) I am very happy with xEnviro 1.13.  So if you are considering buying it I would say go for it.  Yes it isn't perfect, but it definitely has it's advantages.  One is the seasonal textures which you can adjust to get very acceptable results.  The advantage is that I have default, ortho and custom scenery.  xEnviro applies seasonal textures to all of them.  I really like the rain effect which works on ALL aircraft.  So if you have aircraft that don't support the librain plugin, no worries, xEnviro has you covered.  In fact once I stop myself from switching weather engines I plan on removing the librain plugins from all of my aircraft and just use the rain effect in xEnviro.  So I don't know what you are talking about when you say the performance is so bad because I haven't noticed that.

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

I have been using xEnviro since version 1.07 and am currently using 1.13.  I also have another weather engine (won't mention the name).  When flying X-Plane 11.41 I am getting for the most part anywhere from 30-60 fps depending on where I'm flying.  A little lower in areas such as KSEA where the scenery is much denser.  But overall I am happy with the frames I'm getting and that is running 1.13.  When I switch to the other weather engine I don't really see much of an increase in fps if any.  I do complain about the haze in 1.13 at times and switch over to the other weather engine when it is so bad I can't stand it.  But then I realize that the haze in the other engine isn't as strong as it should be and switch back to 1.13 again.  So aside from the haze situation (and I understand that is being looked at) I am very happy with xEnviro 1.13.  So if you are considering buying it I would say go for it.  Yes it isn't perfect, but it definitely has it's advantages.  One is the seasonal textures which you can adjust to get very acceptable results.  The advantage is that I have default, ortho and custom scenery.  xEnviro applies seasonal textures to all of them.  I really like the rain effect which works on ALL aircraft.  So if you have aircraft that don't support the librain plugin, no worries, xEnviro has you covered.  In fact once I stop myself from switching weather engines I plan on removing the librain plugins from all of my aircraft and just use the rain effect in xEnviro.  So I don't know what you are talking about when you say the performance is so bad because I haven't noticed that.

i did buy it. just gotta force myself to be humble and wait for 1.14. im sure it'll be worth the wait. 

• Haha 1

Just to chime in, your purchase is not in vain.

xEnviro was way ahead on the volumetric cloud attempts and that was a risk I still feel is gonna pay off huge compare there skies to some of the screenshots of msfs2020 even I feel they are artistically different and love the looks.

They’re in the right direction.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:03 PM, ashmanmedia said:

Just to chime in, your purchase is not in vain.

xEnviro was way ahead on the volumetric cloud attempts and that was a risk I still feel is gonna pay off huge compare there skies to some of the screenshots of msfs2020 even I feel they are artistically different and love the looks.

They’re in the right direction.

I don't know about that. All other weather plugins have been able to update their plugins to be suitable for the platform they were intended for. 

But I thank you for your comment. 

Edited by Kreemerz

How long does it take to get a response for a ticket submitted via the support site?

I just installed Xenviro v1.11 into Xplane 11.50 (Vulkan turned off).
But the weather isn't displaying.
It is turned on (dot is on).

But still no weather (no clouds). Are you seeing a problem?

Plus ,
Will the latest version of Xenviro v.1.13 work with Beta 11 if Vulkan is turned off?

Edited by Kreemerz