Captain Kitten

1.14 development

9 hours ago, trq46 said:

hey ask asobo how to make it, they do better, and my guessing is about to go right, v 1.14 is released after msfs 2020 :DDDD , but still xEnviro great too for xplane, i'm glad owning it n will play it with xEnviro 1.14 soon, either fs2020 for scenery and weather, fair, both have proc n cons. 

We know exactly how they do what they do. Headroom and more resources is 90% of it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Kitten said:

We know exactly how they do what they do. Headroom and more resources is 90% of it.

I am shocked that LR and Austin himself live on youtube seeing xEnviro after that expo in miami.
Stating we certainly would help your xE team..

But then failing to open the doors needed.  x-plane has never considered the environment over the years so xE probably has to work around all the bs they are left with.  1 layer 2 layers tops eh?  

And vulkan has nothing to offer? its a miracle you guyz do what ya do and its still very impressive.

• Like 1

From my observation,

i see that xenviro renders the clouds not as individual objects, but as one object that is covering a big grid cubical area, that is why some square clouds used to appear.
further to this, i could see sometimes a form of pattern, like the under-carpet weaving. as a scan in 3d space is run in order to generate a hologram.

whereas i perceive that in msfs, each cloud is a separate object that has its own properties of growth, in a fashion similar to what "rex environment force" is doing (at least how they control size of clouds)

the parameter that controls size of clouds does not exist in XE thus far, maybe partly because the environment is always based on real weather data. and/or because truly my above statement is true to say that Xenviro scans a 3d space to create a hologram of weather depiction based on data provided by live weather  metar

if am correct at all, while this approach has advantages, it might have some limitations, one of the advantages is the ability to render the whole atmosphere while not stressing the system, i do recall you mentioned earlier a half-rendering and full-rendering approaches, - i guess am pointing to the same notion.

one thing i noticed, is that in general the clouds layer looking thin, or maybe our visual perception is polluted by exaggerated clouds in m$f$2o2o

i sea that xenviro is still in its infancy, and has many more surprises in the very near future for the community to outperform the great new next-gen benchmark of msfs

whereby the competition will eventually lead to visual development extrusions to catch up and set a farther new refined standard in realistic weather depiction.

for example, currently xe needs more tuning (i know it is a matter of tuning and head-room) to be able to provide a scene like this photo (in Armenia)

image.png.c736543654adc09f216c538b54d4a6d4.png

image.png.5121aaaa57e9a3fdce1ba7496842a9b0.png

image.png.2933740166a1d0d5e726a611fce870c2.png

Notice the clouds have a large vertical scale and form pertaining to this cloud type,

the last snapshots of 1.14 in this thread - are very very superior in terms of grain and granular definition of cloud noise at micro scale (frankly better than msfs), but at the macro scale, some more work needs to be done.

we hope xe can produce these results in the short to medium term.

Keep up the good works of wonder

Edited by Bakr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bakr said:

From my observation,

i see that xenviro renders the clouds not as individual objects, but as one object that is covering a big grid cubical area, that is why some square clouds used to appear.
further to this, i could see sometimes a form of pattern, like the under-carpet weaving. as a scan in 3d space is run in order to generate a hologram.

whereas i perceive that in msfs, each cloud is a separate object that has its own properties of growth, in a fashion similar to what "rex environment force" is doing (at least how they control size of clouds)

the parameter that controls size of clouds does not exist in XE thus far, maybe partly because the environment is always based on real weather data. and/or because truly my above statement is true to say that Xenviro scans a 3d space to create a hologram of weather depiction based on data provided by live weather  metar

if am correct at all, while this approach has advantages, it might have some limitations, one of the advantages is the ability to render the whole atmosphere while not stressing the system, i do recall you mentioned earlier a half-rendering and full-rendering approaches, - i guess am pointing to the same notion.

one thing i noticed, is that in general the clouds layer looking thin, or maybe our visual perception is polluted by exaggerated clouds in m$f$2o2o

i sea that xenviro is still in its infancy, and has many more surprises in the very near future for the community to outperform the great new next-gen benchmark of msfs

whereby the competition will eventually lead to visual development extrusions to catch up and set a farther new refined standard in realistic weather depiction.

for example, currently xe needs more tuning (i know it is a matter of tuning and head-room) to be able to provide a scene like this photo (in Armenia)

Notice the clouds have a large vertical scale and form pertaining to this cloud type,

the last snapshots of 1.14 in this thread - are very very superior in terms of grain and granular definition of cloud noise at micro scale (frankly better than msfs), but at the macro scale, some more work needs to be done.

we hope xe can produce these results in the short to medium term.

Keep up the good works of wonder

Your assumptions are far off. These are not in any way objects. MSFS clouds are made from the same technology as xE. It's noise rendered volumetrics. And that has nothing to do with 3d objects. The limitations right now is performance.  Once we have the performance headroom we need we will unleash xEnviro - we haven't even started on shapes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xe 1.13 kills over 35fps on 4k system.

i hope  the release of 1.14 asap :( 

have a nice day 

4 hours ago, Captain Kitten said:

The limitations right now is performance.  Once we have the performance headroom we need we will unleash xEnviro - we haven't even started on shapes.

Edited by Bakr
  • Like 1