XPNG NOVEMBER SCREENSHOT COMPETITION Read more... ×
audiobirdxp

Suggesting features

1 hour ago, Jackaroo said:

Autoland and HUD please. Botched my First ILS thinking there was autoland when there wasn't.

Of course the plane can autoland - it's been implemented in the Zibo system for a long time now. Might have been a bug tho if you performed all procedures correctly. In this case it would help if you could outline your approach and post it over at bug hunting.

2 hours ago, audiobirdxp said:

Of course the plane can autoland - it's been implemented in the Zibo system for a long time now. Might have been a bug tho if you performed all procedures correctly. In this case it would help if you could outline your approach and post it over at bug hunting.

The Autopilot disconnected at 50ft w/o me doing anything. I think i was single- channeling.

36 minutes ago, audiobirdxp said:

Aha, ok. In that case could you please file a bug report?

Sure. before i do- does Single channel matter with autoland? And where do i submit a report?

Edited by Jackaroo

Hey,

I have a sound suggestion for the 737-800 zibo and 737-900 ultimate

Look, I was using the sounds and I loved them... so realistic! 

However, in the cabin, the sounds are almost perfect. Its missing one thing... the acceleration and deceleration sound of CFM56-7 ABOVE THE WING and the takeoff sound in the wing view, like a person seated in 18K for example. 

See in this video:

GO TO 9:50 AND AFTER 11:36. This is what I'm saying... this acceleration and deceleration sound that is missing!! Just add them and your sounds will be perfect! :D

737 TAKEOFF WING VIEW 18K    

Note that the person is seated in 18K, above the wing... could you improve the sounds for next versions?
The sounds of engine roar in the front are awesome, but above the wing the sounds are not very realistic.
(I can hear the engine roar above the wing, what does not happens in real life).

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes you are correct about the buzz. It's an artefact of the FM editing a long time ago with shifts the center of the aircraft and xyz positions depend on this. Thanks for reminding me. I also have a bunch of New recordings of some engine details because on my last flights I was kindly allowed to fix some mics to rather unusual places ?. Also going to tune  the hydraulic and fuel whines in the cabin. Priority now is to get all NGs in parallel which will be a huge improvement in development workload. Then cockpit and some 3D stuff. Will try to tackle sounds in between.

Edited by audiobirdxp
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Jackaroo said:

Sure. before i do- does Single channel matter with autoland? And where do i submit a report?

Yes . You usually need both autopilot

If not they will disengage before touchdown. You should have "LAND 3" on your PFD. Both APs must be engaged (as soon as you see SINGLE CHANNEL on the PFD) and must use the exact same ILS frequencies and course settings.

On 8/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, audiobirdxp said:

Suggest features here. Please do not suggest features that have already been requested. If we don't answer, it doesn't mean we didn't read and consider it.

Just for clarification, by that, do you mean do not suggest features that have been requested just here on threshhold, or all requests that have ever been asked elsewhere as well, like on the discord?

Edited by Poker2012chu
clarity

5 hours ago, Poker2012chu said:

Just for clarification, by that, do you mean do not suggest features that have been requested just here on threshhold, or all requests that have ever been asked elsewhere as well, like on the discord?

Likely just on this thread. Discord requests will need to be moved over to here at some point anyway. So... If you know about any popular requests yet to be posted here - go ahead!

39 minutes ago, Xephyr said:

Likely just on this thread. Discord requests will need to be moved over to here at some point anyway. So... If you know about any popular requests yet to be posted here - go ahead!

Ah, ok. Anyway, my request was this. Are there plans to save an aircraft state mid-flight? In other words, will it be possible to have a saving feature that will take a snapshot of everything (FMC settings, current aircraft configuration, other features like current settings on cabin lighting, etc.) at any point in-flight so that if you save and have to close XP11, you can pick up the flight right where you left off when you saved it without having to scramble and re-do the settings that were NOT saved in XP11, like having re-enter everything in the FMC? By default, it is my understanding XP11 only saves basic things like position, altitude, heading, maybe speed, etc., but not other things like FMC settings.

• Like 1

Feature request: Can you make a version of sounds without the first officer? This would be a great implement because my friends and I do shared cockpit flights, and  we found the first officer voice a bit tedious when flying together. It would make it more realistic if those sounds were gone when there’s an actual first officer with you. 

This feature could be just a simple setting in the tablet where you just choose an option called “FO callouts”. You would just click the option to disable/reenable the sounds. 

6 hours ago, ThatPlaneEnthusiast said:

Feature request: Can you make a version of sounds without the first officer? This would be a great implement because my friends and I do shared cockpit flights, and  we found the first officer voice a bit tedious when flying together. It would make it more realistic if those sounds were gone when there’s an actual first officer with you. 

This feature could be just a simple setting in the tablet where you just choose an option called “FO callouts”. You would just click the option to disable/reenable the sounds. 

You could simply set the FO's volume to 0.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:00 AM, Jackaroo said:

Autoland and HUD please. Botched my First ILS thinking there was autoland when there wasn't.

we've taken the time out to do the HUD the right way, we're pushing it out as fast as possible without interrupting 737-700U

• Like 1

Already requested many times, but not in this new forum ?

Request: Airstairs for the forward door. Don't know if rear doors can have the airstair on the -800, but forward can for sure (just think of Ryanair for example)

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 5:31 AM, audiobirdxp said:

Yes you are correct about the buzz. It's an artefact of the FM editing a long time ago with shifts the center of the aircraft and xyz positions depend on this. Thanks for reminding me. I also have a bunch of New recordings of some engine details because on my last flights I was kindly allowed to fix some mics to rather unusual places ?. Also going to tune  the hydraulic and fuel whines in the cabin. Priority now is to get all NGs in parallel which will be a huge improvement in development workload. Then cockpit and some 3D stuff. Will try to tackle sounds in between.

Awesome! I'm really anxious to see the new results!! Thanks! ?

On 8/12/2018 at 3:35 PM, Sebastian said:

Curved route on the ND maybe? ?

nd_left_tuned_climb.jpg?w=660

My understanding is that curved lines on the flight display are something that Zibo has been working at for a little while now. If I remember right, the biggest issue is that for whatever reason (I won't pretend to understand the complexities behind the FMC and displays) the curved paths kill the frame rate however it was that implementing them was possible. Maybe someone can shed some light on it better. 

The good news is that the plane still flies the appropriate route. 

1 hour ago, aaronwhite1786 said:

The good news is that the plane still flies the appropriate route. 

Thats true, the plane flies as if the route were curved, and not straight lines from one point to another

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use