XPNG NOVEMBER SCREENSHOT COMPETITION Read more... ×
audiobirdxp

Suggesting features

On 8/11/2018 at 10:27 PM, Poker2012chu said:

Ah, ok. Anyway, my request was this. Are there plans to save an aircraft state mid-flight? In other words, will it be possible to have a saving feature that will take a snapshot of everything (FMC settings, current aircraft configuration, other features like current settings on cabin lighting, etc.) at any point in-flight so that if you save and have to close XP11, you can pick up the flight right where you left off when you saved it without having to scramble and re-do the settings that were NOT saved in XP11, like having re-enter everything in the FMC? By default, it is my understanding XP11 only saves basic things like position, altitude, heading, maybe speed, etc., but not other things like FMC settings.

It's in development. It's not easy tho as XP doesn't provide any functionality for it and you need to program the saving of every single datared by hand.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this request was posted, may have been on the old Discord site. Will it be possible to save the aircrafts "winglet" state from the Ctrl panel. I usually fly with just STD winglets, and need to keep changing the default to that. Also would it be possible to include a "no bumps of the roof" (Satcom?) varient in the ctrl panel which can also be saved as your default?  Many thanks  Chris

Thanks for the suggestion. Once all NGs are on the same level the file structure should be the same for quite some time. At the moment, for the 900 and 700, but also the 800(X), a large number of files will be renamed, deleted, replaced and changed. For now it's simply best to delete everything except prefs.txt and liveries folder and install the whole thing every time, minimizing ways to ruin your installation. We will definitely investigate the best update option for the future.

Not sure if it would be feasible but some sort of browser a la FF A320 in the EFB? I know AviTab now lets us look at pdfs but being able to load up approaches through navigraph would be really nice?

True. Approaches are installed as .pdfs with Navigraph, tho. So you actually can load them up. I'm no expert on this, but in the early stages of the 900 and 700 we actually had a working browser. We used the same plugin that Flightfactor is utilizing (they didnt make this themselves). But something has changed in the plug-in handling in XP (don't quote me on that, I'm no pro) that made it impossible to load 2 instances of this plug-in (CEF). That's why we dropped it (also seems to be a bit of a troublemaker).

Hi, amazing work everybody!

Feature-Request: Is there any way we could have a tablet on the FOs site, too? Would be amazing for shared cockpit if each pilot can look at his own charts.

E: Not sure if this is the case on the 900 already, I only use the default zibo mod.

Edited by Bloody

The FO will get his or her tablet as well. Currently working on squeezing the display area into the very limited display space xplane offers (2k texture for ALL dynamic displays).

Edited by audiobirdxp
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Speed_Limit75 said:

Im not sure if its planned for the Ultimate (or if its already been suggested) but a Paper Checklist like the one coming the Zibo would be neat.

I believe the plan eventually is to have parity between all 3, once all 3 are finished. (700/800/900)

Once the cockpit is finally done, I will start adding finer details such as wear and tear and if time permits and older variants of cockpit elements to the 700. It's not problem to make amber digits an option, Zibo and I experimented a lot with it when we added the backlights and PBR for those displays.

• Thanks 1

It's definetely possible using 3D objects instead of a clickable screen (we're running out of space for those interactive screens because all of them have to fit on a 2k x 2k texture because that's the limit in XP). It's not hard, but with all the primary additions we have to finish I'm afraid it's not top priority. Good idea, though. Definitely noted.

5 hours ago, audiobirdxp said:

I don't think it's modelled in the XP weather tbh.

I know but is there any way that the aircraft could detect there is thermals and that triggers it because x plane models thermals but not to that extent.

One thing I just remembered that I've seen posted a lot over at the Discord server was a request for a freighter version of the 800/700. 

I know that would definitely require a decent amount of work considering the need to pretty much redo the internal/external models, but I thought I'd toss it in here as I know it's been a popular request at times. 

Ok. Aside from the serious 3D editing and mapping required, the actually difficult part is finding accurate reference. If you guys find any, send it my way (send me a PM here or on discord).

4 hours ago, audiobirdxp said:

Ok. Aside from the serious 3D editing and mapping required, the actually difficult part is finding accurate reference. If you guys find any, send it my way (send me a PM here or on discord).

Yeah, definitely figured it would require some serious effort. I'll poke around and see what I can find just in the event that you all ever want to take a crack at it, but it seems the majority of what's floating around are promotional materials that pretty much just say "You can cram a ton of pallets in this thing!".

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use