Reality GTN 750 not in M20 Ovation II panel

Craig

The Reality GTN 750 does not appear in the Ovation II panel.  I can get a popup, but there is no panel integration.  I do not have a problem with the other aircraft that use it, just this one.  How do I fix this?

Edited by Craig

Thanks for the updated news!   Looking forward to the fix!  The Reality GTN 750 was a major reason for me purchasing it, as I have a RealSimGear gtn 750 bezel and want to increase the number of aircraft I have that use it.   Glad it's not something I have to fix on my end!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 8:56 AM, SWA4420 said:

Hi Coop - any news on when the update to fix this problem will be released?

Thanks,
Jim

It has been a busy week due to the holidays, its a priority for this week though, but I can't give any ETA. We may push a plugin-only "hot fix" a few days prior to a general release to get a wider testing base. Make sure to check the discord in the next few days for news of that.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, pfactor said:

Hi,

I'm running into the same issue. One of the main reasons I bought the M20 Collection was to get the GTN750 integration.

This was fixed a while back with the latest update of the M20. If you haven't already, you will need to migrate your license (for free) to X-Aviation to access the latest version. Instructions can be found here: https://afms.im/FHLFNJ

Hmmm. Maybe I'm having a different issue than the original one posted. Let me know if it's better to make a new thread.

I just recently purchased the M20 Collection through X-Aviation, so I don't think the migrating the license instructions apply to me.

I've got the RealityXP GTN 750 installed, and I can bring it up as a popup window. But I don't see how to replace the GNS 530 that's in the Ovation II with the GTN 750.

I'm reading the AFM M20R Instructions V1.0 in the directory X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\M20 Collection\M20R Ovation II\Documentation. On page 19 it shows that I should have a "AFM M20R" menu under Plugins, but I don't have that. Maybe that's the problem, because it looks like that's how I can toggle between the GNS 530 and the GTN 750.

My Plugins menu has these entries: Plugin Admin , Gizmo64, Reality XP GTN. Under Plugin Admin, the "M20R by AFM Simulation" is enabled.

The AFM M20R instructions on page 22 says to copy the RealityXP.GTN.ini file from the Modifications folder back one folder. For me, I don't have a Modifications folder. In the "M20R Ovation II" directory has the RealityXP.GTN.ini file already (also the RealityXP.GTN.ini file).

1 hour ago, pfactor said:

Hmmm. Maybe I'm having a different issue than the original one posted. Let me know if it's better to make a new thread.

I just recently purchased the M20 Collection through X-Aviation, so I don't think the migrating the license instructions apply to me.

I've got the RealityXP GTN 750 installed, and I can bring it up as a popup window. But I don't see how to replace the GNS 530 that's in the Ovation II with the GTN 750.

I'm reading the AFM M20R Instructions V1.0 in the directory X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\M20 Collection\M20R Ovation II\Documentation. On page 19 it shows that I should have a "AFM M20R" menu under Plugins, but I don't have that. Maybe that's the problem, because it looks like that's how I can toggle between the GNS 530 and the GTN 750.

My Plugins menu has these entries: Plugin Admin , Gizmo64, Reality XP GTN. Under Plugin Admin, the "M20R by AFM Simulation" is enabled.

The AFM M20R instructions on page 22 says to copy the RealityXP.GTN.ini file from the Modifications folder back one folder. For me, I don't have a Modifications folder. In the "M20R Ovation II" directory has the RealityXP.GTN.ini file already (also the RealityXP.GTN.ini file).

Oh, I see. Hover your mouse on the left side of the screen and a little tab should appear. From there, click the menu, then open "Settings". From there you should be able to switch from the GNS to the GTN for the 3D object.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coop1019 said:

Oh, I see. Hover your mouse on the left side of the screen and a little tab should appear. From there, click the menu, then open "Settings". From there you should be able to switch from the GNS to the GTN for the 3D object.

Brilliant! That fixed my problem and I've got the GTN 750 working in the panel.

I'm really loving the M20 collection. Nice work!

• Like 1