World Jetways - Keyboard commands?

cjreed

Hi there, I've recently bought and installed the WorldJetways extension to SAM2 and am extremely impressed.

I'm interested to learn if there's the possibility of exposing commands such as "connect jetway" to X-Plane Keyboard assignments in a later release?

Best Regards,

Chris.

Edited by cjreed

Hi Chris,

thanks for the feedback. Why would you need that key command? The automatic mode will connect the jetways automatically without any user input necessary. In the manual mode on the other hand a key command wouldn't make sense as you have to select the jetway-door combination before.

The Airport Operation System window can be opened with CTRL+ALT+S. If you are in manual mode and a jetway is in range you can also click on the blue jetway icon on the upper left side and the parking page will open.

Hi Marten, initial use of the WorldJetways expansion with SAM v2 (using the Zibo 738 & an airport with X-Plane 11 default jetway facades) I couldn't see the automatic mode moving the jetway to dock with the door when opened. It only docked when I switched to manual mode and selected the jetway & door in the plugin window.

I wonder if I can check what the triggers are for jetway docking/undocking? I did spawn at the gate from a cold & dark state, so maybe 'docking' has more specific trigger criteria, which I missed.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Hi there, thanks for getting back. I re-read the documentation and it was my error. I hadn't been checking the 'beacon' trigger which on the Zibo equates to the anti-collision light.

Once the plugin is set to automatic, I can see the jetway operating (docks/undocks) as documented.

Great stuff and a Merry Christmas to all at Stairport

Hi there still getting issues with WorldJetways not working after updating SAM to version v.2.0.2.

I now get the 'update' text in red in the version tab, the door has disappeared from the model outline and there is no A box anymore. I just updated SAM so don't know why it wants an update???

It would be helpful to document how users update SAM once they have installed WorldJetways - as in what overwrites what? and how do the versioning of these components relate? especially as many files seem to be common between WorldJetways and SAM V2.

Rgds,

Chris.

Edited by cjreed

Thanks for the info, but just to clarify - if I update SAM, do I need to do anything with respect to WorldJetways, or will that extension be 'preserved'? At the moment I have installed SAM v2.0.2 (pre-hotfix) and WprldJetways 1.0.0.

And is it ok to overwrite SAM when a new version is released; or do I need to delete the existing SAM plugin folder beforehand? I suspect if I have to remove and reinstall a new version of SAM I'd need to reinstall WorldJetways.

(Trying to keep this as simple as possible having come to X-Plane from the muddle that was P3D/SODE/BGLMANX)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello?

Another question, It is mentioned (somewhere) that SAM doesn't need to be in the Custom Scenery folder anymore.

So in order to be absolutely clear...

I have deleted the SAM and WorldJetways folders from the Custom Scenery folder and removed the respective entries from the scenery_packs.ini file, however...

The scenery_packs.ini file also has these two lines which reference the Plugins folder

SCENERY_PACK X:\XP11\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
SCENERY_PACK X:\XP11\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_WorldJetways/

I'm guessing I keep those, nothing about the scenery_packs.ini file is documented. Please advise if these lines also need to be removed from scenery_packs.ini.

Plus, I'm designing Gateway scenery for X-Plane in WED and behavior of the Jetway Facades in WED changed significantly when SAM v2 was installed. LR tell me you guys are working on a fix to accommodate these objects consistently in WED, so am hoping to see another release soon.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by cjreed

13 hours ago, cjreed said:

SCENERY_PACK X:\XP11\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
SCENERY_PACK X:\XP11\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_WorldJetways/

I'm guessing I keep those

Those entries are automatically added by the Plugin. If you delete them they will be added on next startup again. So you can keep them as they are. 

Yes, the WED preview is already adapted to the latest WED beta release and will be published within the next week I hope.