Creating a static link to the SAM_Library folder

WebMaximus

18 hours ago, Marten@Stairport said:

EGNM Gate 8 works fine for me. If you're using automatic mode and try to connect after a disconnect that might not work because we need an internal reset of the logic which will only be set if you move out of a 100m range of the jetway.

When you did this test, were you in the Zibo mod? 

Not able to watch the clip on my mobile but will watch it when I get home.

Did you also test if the jetway detaches correctly in the Zibo mod? That has been my main concern.

Even when I also had an issue when I arrived into EGNM a couple of days ago where the jetway didn't attach even after I switched the engines and beacon light off.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, Marten@Stairport said:

I'm not sure what you try to say with that link. If you would like to take full control over the ini then disable the automatic library addition in the aos settings page in SAM. 

Not trying to say anything. Just thought I would share what the developer of xOrganizer had to say. Great there's an option to have SAM not add the libraries automatically. I missed that one.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, Marten@Stairport said:

It does! You have a custom mesh which could lead to a different positioning of Jetways. 

Try without and see if that works fine. 

I might do a test if I find the time for it. At this point, I feel SAM has taken a bit too much of my time the last couple of days.

If disabling Ortho would fix the issue, that's great. However, my Ortho scenery is far more important to me than moving jetways at some of my airports. So far I've only did testing with this specific gate 8 at Orbx EGNM. Will see if I have the same issue also at other airports using SAM for moving jetways. I also have quite a number of airports where AutoGate is used rather than SAM. And without any issues.

Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Edited by WebMaximus

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so here's the latest on my SAM adventures over at Orbx EGNM.

The other day, I flew into EGNM again and parked at gate 8. And just like before, the jetway wouldn't attach even when set to 'Auto' in the SAM settings for jetways.

Yesterday when I was flying out of EGNM though, the jetway did detach automatically when I released the parking brake and had the beacon light switched ON.

Not sure if this would give some clues what's going on? When the jetway detaches automatically but won't attach automatically in the same way. Could it still be an Ortho4XP issue?

I'm thinking if the problem maybe is Orbx would need to tweak the settings a bit for gate 8 to make sure it works correctly for an aircraft such as the Zibo mod (B738)?

Next thing I'll test is to park at gate 7 next time to see how that works out and if there's any difference compared to gate 8.

Edited to add I flew into Munich by ShortFinal Design which also uses SAM for jetways. Parked at gate 208 and the jetway worked perfectly! So this tells me the issue I'm having isn't with SAM really but rather with Orbx EGNM.

Will post about this over at Orbx as well since I guess those are the guys that need to help me figure this one out. Still thought it might be a good idea to post in here as well since I figured you might have some tips.

Edited by WebMaximus

3 minutes ago, Marten@Stairport said:

Generally speaking developers should set up a wider range for each jetway to cover all possibilities and test it out with as many aircrafts as they have. I can assure you that it is not a general SAM issue otherwise the entire x-plane crowd would have gone crazy already 😄

I'm totally with you and guess I can only hope Orbx will look into it.

Maybe if I find the time for it, I'll see if I can adjust things myself following the instructions you gave me earlier. Not a super big deal though when I only have this issue for this single airport.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Malenki22 said:

question to the OP how do you remove the link as nothing is working, rmdir/ del nothing, link gets keep created every time you launch xplane

I don't have that issue. If I delete it in Windows Explorer, it's gone