Issues with World Jetways

haskell99

1. Under Version it says Update in red. I am using the latest version 2.02. Under WorldJetways it says 1.0.0 Re-installed and it shows current version.

2. When I try to use it at KROA the Jetways don't work. Also, under Airport Operation System the ICAO is LEGO and, of course, the METAR is not recognized. Still no jetway in auto or manual - click on the door in manual and nothing happens. Doesn't look like the SAM jetways. Can someone else check this airport and see if it works? 

Thanks,

Eddie

Edited by haskell99
reinstall

Sigh - WorldJetways/SAM v2 not working at all at Gateway GCLP with Zibo Mod 3.39.4

No Blue or Grey 'A' or 'M' displayed upon arrival & parking. Engines off. beacon off, doors open... nothing.

When set to 'manual' mode in the plugin UI the L1 door appears, but does nothing when clicked upon.

TBH the unreliability here is getting a bit annoying.

I would love to hear from others if they are having the same issues. You would think more people would have tried it due to the low price but there is almost no talk of it on the .org. Hate to think I wasted $20. But, in this hobby, only $20 wasted is almost a win. LOL 

Devs?? You on here? 

Okay, have restarted X-plane and I get the grey 'A' now - but am right by the Jetty of a default X-Plane 11 airport.

Issue one: SAM 'goes to sleep' during the flight and doesn't work at the arrival airport.

Issue two: This (see below) should be close enough to dock...

Looking forward to having these fixed, many thanks.

b738 - 2020-01-19 17.44.45.png

On 1/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, cjreed said:

The mentioned sleeping issue, on which airports and stands is that happening? In manual and automatic mode? 

The issue on your GCLP Screenshot is that the rotation limits of the Jetway prevents a connection. We already tuned them for the next update to cover more scenarios. 

Hi there, happened on arrival at CGLP whilst in Automatic mode (I hadn't stopped as far forward as the pre-set parking spot shown in the above post)  also seen this at LPPR, and previously at Default EDDN and EPGD (This last one was probably due to the parked Jetways being parallel with the ramp centreline and quite a distance away to the left.

I'm currently on an XP11 flight to GCTS & this time there was no SAM icon (blue or grey) in the top corner of the screen before departing LPPR, but the Jetway was actually connected.

I'll report whether the plugin or jetways are active on arrival, and will attach the X-Plane log at the end of the flight, along with screenshots of the Plugin settings window, as that may help.

Arriving at (Default) GCTS the grey icon appeared approaching the terminal building; and as I got in range of the jetway it turned blue.

Upon shutdown and light off the Jetway docked. So releived and please to report no issues on arrival today.

I'll keep a copy of the log in case it differs from instances when it doesn't work.

Be great to loosen the range and angles somewhat, as that might be an issue with Gateway airports (designers haven't had to design to these constraints before), especially on widebody stands.

BTW I'm currently doing some Airport re-design for  Gateway BIKF and am checking the Jetway angles/distances to parking spots in WED and in-sim for all 'on-pier' stands.

Thanks for your feedback. The WorldJetways folder inside SAM/lib contains a worldjetways.xml with limits of all Jetways. You can increase the values but they are already maxed out to the maximum the objects and real world physics could handle. It's a difficult way to get a proper docking everywhere and still keep it somewhat realistic... 

Oh and by the way the green icon only appears for 5 seconds so if you load a flight and don't watch closely you might miss it if the Jetway is already being connected. 

Edited by Marten@Stairport

• 6 months later...

Hi, Devs. A friend recently bought me WorldJetways via Steam, however, after installing the plugin/DLC, I can't seem to make it work. I've read in the forums that there's a separate activation process on Steam, but no matter how much tweaking I do (reinstalling, etc.), it just remains unlicensed/unactivated both inside of X-Plane 11 and SAM Suite v2. I hope you can help me with this.

Btw, I'm running X-Plane 11 from Steam on MacOS.

Edited by MegaBite25