Jetway status icon on the screen

WebMaximus

Lately, I've seen the icon in the screenshot below every now and then and at first, I didn't even know what it was or where it came from. Someone later told me that circled 'A' icon is related to SAM.

I was a bit surprised since I never saw it before. I went into the settings for SAM and found the 'JETWAY STATUS' parameter. As seen, it's set to 'Hide always' and yet, I get the circled A icon. I then tried switching to 'Show on screen' and back to 'Hide always' which made the icon go away. However, next time I launched X-Plane, the icon was back again.

image.png.b7c7b5b88106b888f9feb5c99428b040.png

• 9 months later...

Waking this almost one year old thread up since I still see this issue from time to time using the latest version of SAM (2.1.3).

Haven't tried deleting sam_settings.xml in X-Plane/Output/Preferences lately so guess I'll give it another go but would be nice if you could come up with a more permanent fix.