Introduce yourself! What got you using flight sims?

I have been crazy after planes since I was 3. Before the mind blowing X-Plane 11, I used crappy flight sims like "Flight Pilot Simulator 3d free" and "Airplane Simulator 2019 free". The 2019 one called professional pilots "Airmen" lol. I have a list of those crappy sims. Most of them were Unity... never a good sign. Later, I got Airline Commander by Rortos for free. The physics were pretty good, and the textures and graphics were great. But it wasn't the level of realism I wanted. This year, I was so mad after X-Plane 11 after the demo, I just bought it even though I use a Macbook Air 2017, and I was surprised by the great performance, even with my current computer.

Edited by ilovecrashes
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very good idea, Sam! I'll add to this then ?       My first simming experience was F/A 18 Interceptor. I have no clue how many hours I spent in that "simulator" but that intro music has burn

My path to X-Plane 11 was weird, expensive, and adventurous. Back in 2010, I tried my first flight simulator. It was FS2002 ?. Basically, my computer was old, slow, and just flat out bad. It was a Tos

I am a student from china,I am not good at English.So I decide to use Chinese to tell my story with story.Google transformer can't speak clearly,and I don‘t want any grammatical errors to cause some m

Posted Images

Started in 2014 with FSX, after a while of using that, I bought X-Plane. That's when I got serious into simming, upgrading my hardware. Since then, I have done hundreds of flights, the majority being long haul.

• Like 2

Nice to be here.  I normally began with Sublogic Flight Simulator back in the Amiga era with Flight Simulator 2 and from there it was history with getting all of them after that.  Just purchased X-Plane 11 this past week from Steam as it was on sale and boy did I miss out!.  I love it!  Now looking all over for some quality X-plane freewear and paywear as well.  I see a lot I like on this site and others like xp.org.   It is new to me and I am like a little boy with a new toy!..It feels good again like the old days of Flight Siming!

• Like 1

Well, hello everyone. Been simming since early 90's, but unfortunately have only about an hour of actual piloting under my belt.

Recently moved to X-Plane after MSFSimming since FS5. Maybe will move back when FS2020 will get VR support.

Greetings to all you simmers. Started researching different sim programs and decided on x-plane and since I was based at KDEN chose to add X-Codr's KDEN airport. When I tried to install the airport using the instructions I have been unable to install SAM on my iMac so without that KDEN doesn't work. While the aircraft included with x-plane is nice, I'd really like to fly the FF A-320 Ultimate. Any old timers have any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers