Xephyr

Introduce yourself! What got you using X-Plane?

10 hours ago, geronimopilot said:

Hello all!

Got into sim building to help me stay current! I am a commercial/multi-engine /instrument rated pilot as well as an Airframe & power plant mechanic/Inspection Authorization. I must admit this hobby is addictive to say the least! So much as I purchased an ATC810 brand real IFR Navajo simulator from a University in Minnesota to which I have taken the better course of 4 years to convert this sim from analog to digital. Almost there I must admit.

What brings me here is I am on the hunt for decent piston engine sounds for my Navajo build which I cannot find anywhere on the www. This group seems primarily focused on the 737 and other turbine powered planes.....so we'll see where this takes me -

Thanks for the opportunity!!!!

geronimopilot

You have a large group for the 737 here but the forum is for everything xplane. The 737ultimate gang is confined to the 73u club too. So please use the forum for anything you like as long as it's xplane. 😊

And welcome by the way. Maybe we should have a custom simulator build section in here? Let me know and I'll set it up. Or even if you want a dedicated club for it I can arrange that too. Pm me if interested. 

Captain Kitten thanks so much. It was recommended to me, while posting in the sound dedicated forum, that I come here to look for engine sounds.....unfortunately it looks like piston aircraft are not so desirable or popular.

Cockpit builders corner? Sure great idea! I have much into my build which has been about 4-5 years and over 10K USD spent and still not there LOL! I just wish someone new more about PlaneMaker and where/how it's engine sounds come from. The Baron sounds are awesome but the stock sounds PlaneMaker gives the models just isn't very good at all.....

Scott  

• Like 2

Hi, My Name is JPStudios, I got into flight sim just about, 13 years ago when I was given FSX from my Grandfather who passed shortly after, I have been flying for about 8 years, first time I got into a plane was when my Uncle (A 737MAX pilot for United, or not after groundings) brought me into his plane. I got more and more into simulation when I eventually found X-Plane, now I am a Student Pilot with Flight Lessons, every once and a while because Money is Tight. But I get to do this 🙂

• Like 2

Hello fellow simmers,

I am from South Florida USA and have been flight simming since around 1998 when MSFS 98 first came out, and I've been hooked ever since. I used FSX up until March of 2018. Surprisingly it was not too difficult of a decision, especially since hard drive room was a factor in deciding to completely wipe out my FSX with approximately $1000 worth of payware I had on it.  I love X-Plane...the scenery the crispness and realism of the environment. There are still a few features I miss from FSX that X-Plane really needs to get on the ball with. Mostly the AI traffic, limited number of aircraft (although this is improving) and ATC. I am pretty much strictly a jetliner pilot and do not fly anything larger than a L1011 D class aircraft. I also play with aircraft livery repaints and airport scenery creation. I have already uploaded my first paint. 

Edited by Eastern@JFK
adding info
  • Like 1