Xephyr

Introduce yourself! What got you using X-Plane?

Just discovered this website. Have been flight simming for over 25 years and I have tried all platforms. Recently switched to Xplane and I believe it to have the edge over the others in terms of overall performance and options. 

• Like 1

Hallo, und guten Tag,

Mein Spitzname ist Mountain Al, ich bin seit 1996 Sim-begeisterte Pilot, damals mit den ersten Simulatoren und später den FS 2004, FSX von Microsoft, dann kam X-Plane10 / 11 und so wurde es immer interessanter. 

Aktuell bin ich der 738-800 von Zibo unterwegs. Jetzt wollte ich auf die 737-700U 

Umsteigen, leider habe ich nach dem Download der Flugzeuge bis jetzt nicht gestartet werden können, vermutlich weil ein Fehler das Fliegen verhindert hat.

Weiss jemand warum? Was muss ich tun für eine Freischaltung?

Gruß Al

Edited by Airfly@as
Schreibfehler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Airfly@as said:

Hallo, und guten Tag,

Mein Spitzname ist Mountain Al, ich bin seit 1996 Sim-begeisterte Pilot, damals mit den ersten Simulatoren und später den FS 2004, FSX von Microsoft, dann kam X-Plane10 / 11 und so wurde es immer interessanter. 

Aktuell bin ich der 738-800 von Zibo unterwegs. Jetzt wollte ich auf die 737-700U 

Umsteigen, leider habe ich nach dem Download der Flugzeuge bis jetzt nicht gestartet werden können, vermutlich weil ein Fehler das Fliegen verhindert hat.

Weiss jemand warum? Was muss ich tun für eine Freischaltung?

Gruß Al

Ich verste deine Frage nicht. Es gibt keine Freischaltung, einfach nur ein download und auspacken genau so wie mit dem Zibo.

I had found this site once before and had forgotten about it until a recent search brought me back. I have a long love affair with Aviation starting in my pre teens and then RW training in a PA28-140 back in the early 60’s. Took to fsim 30 odd years ago with MSFS 3.0 through to FSX (missed a couple), then with Steam FSX:SE briefly before swapping to P3D V4 (I never have more than one sim installed at a time) then only less than two months ago changed to FS11 and have had a great time so far devotion about 50% of my time to flying and 50% to installing new Freeware payware, utilities and libraries. 

Loved the journey so far, especially the easy UI, freedom from the horrible MS registry and ability and power to arrange addons so easily

I have slowly been increasing my HD scenery especially

• W2xp
  • Simheaven
  • Hd Mesh
  • orbx TE GB
  • Orbx TE NL
  • Germany VFR
  • 3D Eiger Park
  • AustraliaPro
  • VOZ
  • Alaska Sth East ultra res mesh
  • US Orthophotos 1.1

And the list grows

My favourite planes so (in order of use):

- Ddenn CL30

- Aerobask Eclipse 550NG

- Dreamfoil Bell407 (fantastic heli)

- default C172 (with mods)

- Aerobask DA-62

and most recently 

- B737 Zibo Mod (this will soon move up the priority list!)

And finally I will list my favourite utilities and plug-ins  (no order)

- FlyWithLUA

- xVision

- xManager

- Alex’s LittleNavMap (what a great app)

- 124thATC

- Autogate

- Terrain Radar

- VMI-twick VR

- AviTAB

- xLife

- xOrganizer

- xAddonManager

Not a bad list for less than two months since I first installed XP11. Am I happy with x-Plane - you bet

Now you excuse me, I have flying and configuring to get on with.

Cheers Anton.

Edited by antonvs
Small corrections
  • Like 2

Wow!  I started with MSFS written on a 7" floppy disk way back in the eighties!  Just now gave away my age!  The flyable world was a green table tennis like surface with white lines for runways.  Way back then you took off from Meigs Field near Chicago.

I owned practically each and every version of MSFS up to FSX with Acceleration.  I flew with a virtual airline for a few years and did two round the world trips.  Accumulated  hundreds and hundreds of simming hours.  Hardly a day went by in which I did not do some trip somewhere.

I had almost every flying sim available at some time.  Had Rise of Flight, MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII,  MS Combat Flight Simulator 3, World of Flight,  IL2 Sturmovik, IL2 Forgotten Battles, IL2 Cliffs of Dover,  Pacific Fighters, disastrous Microsoft Flight, Dovetail Game's still born  Flight Sim World, Microsoft Flight Simulator X:Steam Edition, DCS and finally now X-Plane 11.  Some of the names forgotten over time. I even tried my hand at Real Flight RC simulator!

Always had the love for flying and aircraft.  Never had the chance or opportunity to go flying myself.  I can still remember the SAAF camouflaged Sabres F81's screaming over Pretoria in the sixties.  Later on the Impalas and Buccaneers.

I've got a love for simulators and own almost every kind of simulator imaginable for PC.  Trains, ships, submarines, trucks, racing cars.  Even a simulator for a WWII Enigma machine.

I think I'll die one day with my eyes to the sky!😉

• Like 2

My name's Trell. What got me using X-Plane? Well, about a month and a half ago, I pretty much got pissed off and fed up with Windows 10, so I installed Linux on the laptop. Since FSX nor Prepar3D were not compatible, I tried the X-Plane 11 demo, which wouldn't even run above 2 framerates on windows. I instantly fell in love with the 737-800 (also because it had a passenger cabin), and thus influenced me to purchase X-Plane 11. The face that you can move the cameras around in X-Plane 11 were also a deciding factor in abandoning Microsoft based sims. The only downside is that you can't use a keyboard to finely control the inputs to the aircraft. That's where my X-Box controller comes in....

b738 - 2019-07-21 21.59.36.png

b738 - 2019-08-11 1.44.54 AM.png

b738 - 2019-08-20 05.59.23.png

• Like 2

Always been an aviation enthusiast, father that worked for an airline, and now I work for the same airline.  As far as simming, evolution I suppose, FS5, 5.1, 95, 98, and on until XP10 when I made the switch official.

• Like 2

Hello,

I've been into flight simulation since FS98.  I started out flying the default 172, then tried a default 737 and got it off of the ground, but couldn't figure out how to find my destination airport to land.  I would circle around the city looking for it, but got to thinking that this can't be the way real pilots fly a 737.

Then I started reading, watching videos and studying.

Not I fly for a virtual airline using Pilotedge or Vatsim.  The more I understand about aviation, the more fun that I have.  So I keep learning.

I switch around a lot between P3Dv4 and X-Plane11.  I really like the Majestic Dash8 Q400 from P3Dv4, but also like the Zebo 737, FF757, FFA320 and so many more aircraft from X-Plane 11, so I keep coming back.

Bob

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, my real name is Jim, and I've been a flight sim user, ever since the old days of the first incarnations of Microsoft Flight Simulator, which I used in my High School AFROTC classroom.  Everything from MSFS, P3D and now X-Plane, which is my go to sim.  I started using Xp, back in mid 2017, after suffering enough frustration over hardware and sim performance (pre-64 bit apps), and out of sheer curiosity, I discovered just how much better XP was, and I've never looked back.  Since I don't have an endless bag of gold to invest in multiple sims, I stuck with Xp because of it's ease of use, the simplification of the UI (though some may argue it's too simple), but overall, the sim doesn't break the wallet.  I fly what I want without any real issues, and enjoy the study of flight operations and what it really takes to get into the air.  I mix it up a little with equal parts GA and commercial airliners, but I do tend to favor GA flying, so I can take advantage of the Ortho4XP scenery I created (which is another plus for Xp vs the other sims).

I hope to maintain a permanent residency here, with the fine folks of ThresholdX running the show, it seems like a great place to hang out.  I do have a lot of aviation experience, so if anyone needs some advice or straight-up opinion, feel free to contact me.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I am new here and x-plane in VR. I run an Samsung Odyssey Plus and I have a pretty good rig. Frames are up and down as we all know and surely love. I set up VATSIM yesterday and I am working on modding some of the aircraft for VR to get things right. That is how I found this place. All good fun to try and solve problems.

I have had VR headsets for about 7 years. Started with the good brick on the face Oculus DK1, DK2 then CV1 but I skipped HTC. Currently I like WMR O+, the screen is pretty damn good for now.

I am building a panel for xplane of a cessna 172 and maybe a twin comanche down the road. It is all wood bits and used parts right now but I will be lasercutting the panels soon. My switches, encoders and pots all work now so that is cool. Also I bought captoglove VR gloves to see if I can make em work but I haven't got the additonal sensors yet.

My home airport is Abbotsford BC Canada CYXX and I want to fly the island air express routes in a PA31 from Carenado for fun.  I won't ever fly cause of medical reasons but I love simming. I know people in different parts of aviation so it is my fun.

I do infrequently stream on a twitch channel as BadivanBad and I am all set up with discord and whatnot. That is not a shameless plug for followers, I just use it for company when I play games cause I mutter to myself anyways while I play. I also use it to show some of my progress to family and friends online. 

So that is what I am up to...Say hi anytime. I am on the Threshold Discord channel now so maybe I will see some of you all around.

BadivanBad

A Nerd without A Bird

I've always been fascinated with aircraft. My first time in a simulator was when I visited my uncle in Florida. He was in charge of the flight simulators for Eastern Airlines. He took me to check it out. From then on I was hooked. Thinking if I ever was rich I would buy me one. Unfortunately that never happened. When I purchased my first desktop I was looking for software and saw MSFS98 and picked up a copy. From there it was FS2000, then  FS2004, then FSX. The problem was always no matter what computer I had, the sim just didn't run as well as I'd like. One day I was in a store and picked up a copy of XP9. It was quite different than FSX. No airports. Just runways . Every thing was different. Went back to FSX. I was getting frustrated with FSX and decided to try XP 10. after working with it for some time decided it was much better to use. I've been a Xplane supporter ever since.