Xephyr

Introduce yourself! What got you using X-Plane?

My name is James. I have been simming for a long time. I first got into simming when I bought a computer system at best buy and it had falcon 3 preinstalled on it. I started learning how to fly and then I was hooked.  I use Xplane, Prepar3d, DCS(F-14,16,18,AV-8B),Falcon 4 BMS, MSFS 2020. I mostly fly the 727 from flyjsim. Just gotta love that plane.

• Like 1

I used to fly A320 in FSX earlier. After I purchased X Plane 11, I learned about Boeing 737 Zibo mod and now I rarely fly A320. I learnt lots of technical things pertaining to flying airplanes for instance: Engines and talking to ATC with proper jargon. Flight planning from scratch etc. Because of X Plane 11 I learned about the limitations of the existing hardware up to a level which I can even help another person before buying a new PC. Because of low performance in Open GL, I had to learn how to improve performance with the current hardware by tweaking different settings in Windows 10 and even GPU. 

• Like 1

Just signed up with Threshold. Looks like a pretty cool sight. I have been flight simming for years. Since the the 90's. But then when FSX sold the rights to Lockheed, I thought there goes the neighborhood. If you wanted to use P3D, you had to sign an affidavit saying it was for training. Or something like that. I signed and downloaded the product. I get on P3D and I find myself in a cockpit of an F-35. Riiiiiiight ! I'm gonna train in an F-35. I've always liked to fly C-172. You had to download the Cessna to use it. P3D didn't offer in the default program. I never flew anything easier. When using FSX and before I always flew the airlines from airports coast to coast. Navigating with charts , VORS. SIDS & STARS.

Two years ago I wanted a new PC for flight simming. I found a guy in South Carolina. I'm on the west coast. Michael Brown from X-Force PC's.I highly recommend. With that I bought my first copy of X-Plane. version 11. I couldn't the flight modeling of X-Force is. I no longer feel the Cessna 172 is easy to fly. Even more so with XPRealistic. Its worth the $19.00's. It took me several attempts just to get off the ground before I realized the centrifugal force of the prop always forces you to the left. Just like the actual real life 172 does until you compensate using foot pedals or the yoke to the right and easing the throttle slowly until reaching 55 knots. Love x-plane. Can't wait for Vulken to come out. Perhaps by the end of May 2020.

Edited by ransome
  • Like 2

Yo, Old Warrior here. Just got through building, what my grandson calls, a "Beast", in anticipation of MSFS 2020. While waiting, thought we would try X-Plane. It has been a while since I was a "Simmer". If you can imagine, I cut my teeth on subLOGIC Flight Simulator for Commodore 64 many moons ago. I use to get on the "64" and fly as often as I could. Sort of a relaxer. I would up-grade as the program grew. However, my job would take me out of the country for extended periods and eventually I drifted away from flight simming. But do to Covid-19, "we're back". Looked into Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3d (use to occasionally work with some Lockheed Martin folks.) But the grandson did some diligent homework, sorta' speak, and came up with X-Plane. So here we are. Our big chore now is to get the best add-ons to make this "puppy" look as good as possible. Seeing the trailer for MSFS 2020, that's going to be hard to beat.  We're glad to be on board.

• Like 2

I saw many videos on YouTube and though I'd give X-Plane a try. X-Plane has taught me so much about computers and aviation. I will never regret the decision I made to get X-Plane.

• Like 1

I got into x plane  about a couple years ago when I received a copy as a present on Steam, and honestly just kind of forgot about Xplane after that as I used Microsoft flight simulator x .I had all the ad-dons I ever wanted on FSX and didn't really want to upgrade just then, it was only until a couple months ago when my fsx stopped working on my PC when I finally decided maybe it is time to upgrade and  that's when I jumped fully to Xplane and honestly I dont think I will jump ship anytime soon! 

• Like 1

I've always been interested in aviation! I started with FSX after watching videos on youtube about it. After about a year, I transitioned over to X-Plane where I really got serious with it 🙂

• Like 1

Hey all, been lurking around for awhile thought I'd stop in and say hi.  Been flight simming since sometime in the 80's on relative's computers.  Really got into it with FS98 and CFS1, and have been hooked ever since.  X-Plane 9 was my first, but didn't stick with it, and ran FSX for a long time.  Fast forward to X-Plane 11 and haven't looked back.

• Like 2

I started with FS-1 on the Apple II. Started flying in real life a few years later. Had every flight sim software product I could find for both Mac and PC over the years until settling on X-Plane. Every military sim too; combat sims, every version of Falcon, f18, f22, now DCS! Don't remember what version of X-Plane I started with but I'm guessing it was in the 90's. Never tried P3D as it looked so much like FSX to me and X-Plane 11 was just so much better, I didn't need to look further. Now with MSFS2020, that may change. I'm only interested in study level models and it's too bad more third party providers never made it over to X-Plane. I loved some of my Milviz models on FSX and I hope they make it over to the new FS2020, along with TorqueSim, HotStart and some others. Looking forward to more and more realism with every update.

• Like 2

hi Everibody! Max from Argentina. I recently come back to x-plane from FSX...the last time i use x-plane was the 9 version.

Now in x-plane 11 having a great time!

I post a photo of the Cordillera de los Andes here in Argentina with The Aconcagua in the back!

b737-2020-07-24-22-07-17.png

Edited by Max2020
  • Like 2

Started in 2014 with FSX, after a while of using that, I bought X-Plane. That's when I got serious into simming, upgrading my hardware. Since then, I have done hundreds of flights, the majority being long haul.

Edited by The Alien Rock