1.10 Development screenshots

Captain Kitten

Personally, I didn't use 1.09s version because the horizon shift problem and the repetitive 2D clouds textures.

I'm waiting for this update since over 8 months and I follow every day all the progress.

I know very well the Development Team is doing an excellent work with 1.10 , but please to activate and go more faster for this release. 🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmtyurin said:

and as the owner of a legal copy I have the right to know about all its characteristics, including the date of the upcoming update

Well no. If you own an iPhone for instance you are certainly not entitled to know about all its hardware and software characteristics. Those are partly highly guarded company secrets. Also good luck in trying to ask Apple how many beta versions of their new iOS they will produce and when they will release it.

Beta means the software is still in an experimental phase: How long that takes and how many beta versions they need to do is up to how the experiments run. By the very nature of the experiment it cannot be known how long that will take and giving out a date would be a random guess at best. Which in turn would only make people mad when it doesnt work out. Think of the last XP11.31+2 beta: They thought it would be a short beta with few bug fixes but they found out about a lot seemingly random bugs and crashes, some of which they still cannot track down properly. After a long beta run they decided to release 11.32 as stable, but they could as well have extended the beta run by a couple of more versions. Most importantly there was no way for them to know that all these tiny problems would surface in the beta run.

• Like 1

Okay, maybe I didn't put it quite right. I did not mean any technical know-how, but all the information about the product that concerns me as a consumer. For example, I need to know what I'm paying for: it's only flat cloud textures or version 1.10 with clouds of particles will also be included in this price.

Okay, somewhere above already wrote that the update to version 1.10 will be free, that is included in the originally paid price. That's clear. Let's assume that initially nobody stipulated any terms of release of updates. But the principle of reasonableness has not been canceled, so at least a quarter and a year of release could be designated so that everyone decided for himself to wait for the update of this product or buy a competing product and forget about xEnviro.

It is also a matter of openness of developers and their loyalty to customers, which is important for their own image and customer confidence in the support and future of the product.

I think you should never buy a product for its "future", because that is by definition always still-to-come and thus inherently uncertain. If you buy XE now, you should buy it bc you like what 1.09s offers. If you dont like it, dont buy and wait until they release 1.10. Then reconsider. Again it's the same with an iPhone: I don't buy it because I hope iOS 14 (or whatever number they're at) will provide some groundbreaking features some time in the future, but I like what the current mix of hardware and software offers. If they improve upon that in the future at no cost: great. If they don't: still good.

If you dont want to wait an indefinite amount of time and want to purchase ASXP in the meantime, that's up to you. It's a gamble on your part. But just imagine if XE devs said: 1.10 releases on May 1st - give or take a week. You dont purchase ASXP, bc 5/1 is soon enough for you. Then they encounter some nasty bugs in the remaining beta which takes them a lot of time to fix. In the meantime, XP 11.40 releases and breaks some XE code. More dev time needs to go into the release and instead of May 1st, the release gets pushed back to say September 1st. Then there'd be a lot of dissapointed customers saying: You promised May 1st, that's why I didnt purchase another product and now I have nothing at all and it's your fault! And those customers would be right: If you cannot say for certain that you will have a product out by a specific date, dont promise anything and dont tease it, because that will affect what people purchase. Ever since moving the XE forum to Threshold I find communication to be very clear in that regard: They are very clear about what the state of the beta is, but they dont promise anything that they simple can't and shouldn't promise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, domae001 said:

I think you should never buy a product for its "future",

I completely agree with this, the reason I bought xEnviro early on is that they are trying to do something which is inherently difficult and I wanted to support it - if it wasn't then there would be a lot of other vendors with real 3D volumetric clouds.  Yes it's taking time for the team to fix things and its frustrating, we'd all like to be cloud surfing in perfect fluffy clouds and I'm sure the developers would love us to be doing that as well but IT development takes time especially in a niche market like flight simming where small dev teams are involved.  The xEnviro team have never made any secret that the product isn't where they want it to be or that it will take an unknown amount of time before things improve, especially given the false starts when Laminar make changes to the core of xPlane which stops a development branch dead in its tracks.  As domae001 says, don't buy v1.09 of something when what you really want to be buying is 1.XX in the future unless you are willing to sit back while the devs fix things.  From what I've seen, in my opinion, when 1.10 and later versions release it will be game-changing to my flight sim experience so I'll sit back, drink some tea and wait until it lands.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mmtyurin said:

The beta version of b16... b20 beta, b21 beta, etc. I need an understanding of how many of these beta versions will there be before release? When is the release due? I'm not talking about any deadlines, but at least I need to have an idea of what the timing of the update is. After all, I am the owner of a legal copy of this product from the moment it was released (it seems back in 2016), and as the owner of a legal copy I have the right to know about all its characteristics, including the date of the upcoming update.

In the meantime, as a buyer and your customer, I am not satisfied with the current version (1.09) of the product and the actual state of affairs regarding the constant delays and lack of at least approximate timing in the release of updates to this product.

No, you don't have the right to know of when the release of the update is. You bought the version available at the time of purchase not the right to update or any knowledge surrounding the process of development. Your issues with current versions of xEnviro is between you and the shop you bought it from. Not xEnviro. If you are dissatisfied with the product then you have to deal with the place of your purchase. We don't "owe" you anything and you have no rights in demanding anything from us.

We will not give you the information of release since that is not public knowledge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, domae001 said:

I think you should never buy a product for its "future", because that is by definition always still-to-come and thus inherently uncertain. If you buy XE now, you should buy it bc you like what 1.09s offers. If you dont like it, dont buy and wait until they release 1.10. Then reconsider. Again it's the same with an iPhone: I don't buy it because I hope iOS 14 (or whatever number they're at) will provide some groundbreaking features some time in the future, but I like what the current mix of hardware and software offers. If they improve upon that in the future at no cost: great. If they don't: still good.

If you dont want to wait an indefinite amount of time and want to purchase ASXP in the meantime, that's up to you. It's a gamble on your part. But just imagine if XE devs said: 1.10 releases on May 1st - give or take a week. You dont purchase ASXP, bc 5/1 is soon enough for you. Then they encounter some nasty bugs in the remaining beta which takes them a lot of time to fix. In the meantime, XP 11.40 releases and breaks some XE code. More dev time needs to go into the release and instead of May 1st, the release gets pushed back to say September 1st. Then there'd be a lot of dissapointed customers saying: You promised May 1st, that's why I didnt purchase another product and now I have nothing at all and it's your fault! And those customers would be right: If you cannot say for certain that you will have a product out by a specific date, dont promise anything and dont tease it, because that will affect what people purchase. Ever since moving the XE forum to Threshold I find communication to be very clear in that regard: They are very clear about what the state of the beta is, but they dont promise anything that they simple can't and shouldn't promise.

THIS pretty much sums it up.

Now I'll repeat the above - use other threads for contacting us. This is for screenshots only.

5 minutes ago, Captain Kitten said:

Fair enough and sorry. I just get wound up with people feeling hurt and entitled and get blinded by the discussions sometimes. Sorry about that.

No problem, I feel for you. People post the stupidest comments sometimes.

X-Plane 11 is growing and I hope you guys score a lot of new sales.

Also is that 1.09 bug where the plane would be in a shadow when its above all the clouds fixed in 1.10?

2 minutes ago, sjctyler said:

No problem, I feel for you. People post the stupidest comments sometimes.

X-Plane 11 is growing and I hope you guys score a lot of new sales.

Also is that 1.09 bug where the plane would be in a shadow when its above all the clouds fixed in 1.10?

Nothing is fixed in 1.10. 1.10 is a completely new ballgame with its own issues and challenges.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john1001 said:

every new picture come with a new feature ! 

it's absolutely amazing  ! 

every week you have something enhanced ! 

Great work !  

"But when you will decide to update finally ??? "

We are not adding features. We are putting the features that are xEnviro together to deliver a complete product. It takes time. Just the way it is.

32 minutes ago, Douglas.Matos said:

Thew new Xenviro version will be compatible with X-vision? (Sorry if this question has already been answered).

No. It will not. Xvision will never be officially supported but people will find stuff that works and share their presets. But if you get i trouble and use xvision when asking for support for xenviro then that is where support ends. You'll have to unindtall xvision and try again. 

Hi Magnus,

the airport lighting will be automatically activated when the conditions are adequate ??

if "yes" , we can have information about these conditions ? 

is it on relation with the cloud cover ? 

Overcast for example ? 

or visibility reported ? 

or polluted atmosphere identified ?

or Rainy conditions ?

Edited by john1001