1.10 Development screenshots

Captain Kitten

12 hours ago, Captain Kitten said:

No, you don't have the right to know of when the release of the update is. You bought the version available at the time of purchase not the right to update or any knowledge surrounding the process of development. Your issues with current versions of xEnviro is between you and the shop you bought it from. Not xEnviro. If you are dissatisfied with the product then you have to deal with the place of your purchase. We don't "owe" you anything and you have no rights in demanding anything from us.

We will not give you the information of release since that is not public knowledge.

You are profoundly mistaken. I bought the product personally from one of the authors. Anyway, that's what he calls himself in the source, from which I learned about the product at the end of 2016. Proof: http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/topic/1009-xenviro/&do=findComment&comment=143097

However, judging by what you wrote, the simple questions you perceive almost consumer extremism, which does not add, in my opinion, you customer focus. In the end, the economic interest ultimately depends on the location of the authors to the buyers, including the potential, which you do not demonstrate. And if this topic created only for admiration screenshots, then show me the one where I can write about the problems.

32 minutes ago, mmtyurin said:

You are profoundly mistaken. I bought the product personally from one of the authors. Anyway, that's what he calls himself in the source, from which I learned about the product at the end of 2016. Proof: http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/topic/1009-xenviro/&do=findComment&comment=143097

However, judging by what you wrote, the simple questions you perceive almost consumer extremism, which does not add, in my opinion, you customer focus. In the end, the economic interest ultimately depends on the location of the authors to the buyers, including the potential, which you do not demonstrate. And if this topic created only for admiration screenshots, then show me the one where I can write about the problems.

General discussions for xEnviro go in the "Discussions" section of this sub-forum. Here's a link: https://forum.thresholdx.net/forum/61-discussions/.

It's important to note that this forum is not an area for support. If you need support from xEnviro, use the ticketing system on the website: http://www.xenviro.net/support/ 

3 hours ago, mmtyurin said:

I am not in any way mistaken. Your issues with your product IS with the instance you bought it from and you have no right what so ever to demand anything from Threshold or DarkSpace. Your purchase has most probably been with CSS who were producers and not retailers and did a lot of black and gray area deals and side sales of which we aren't responsible for in any way. This and other topics are the reason why DarkSpace terminated the cooperation with CSS. This forum and thus I, am Threshold. We cooperate with DarkSpace who develops xEnviro. They have NEVER sold any copies but rely on instances like Threshold to retail their product. We are not in any way responsible for your purchase or your copy. Besides that - linking to a russian forum conversation is not remotely any proof. What claims this person who sold it to you made is completely irrelevant.

So if you have a legal copy of xEnviro and have any issues with the product itself then go through xenviro support on xenviro.net. Other issues with your purchase you have to deal with the instance you purchased it from. Not us. This is very clear and not in any way a twistable truth.

Now; This is the end of this discussion in this thread. If you want to discuss this further in any way then make another thread NOT in screenshot topic or contact me directly. ANY further posts on non related topics will be deleted.

Just imagine this  

You turn on your PC 

you run your x-plane 11 then when the xEnviro interface appears, you have this message

new version is available " 

Ohhhhhhhhh 😲😲😲 

and it comes a friday on the start of the weekend , YES !

⭐️what a lovely dream ! ⭐

• Like 1

It’s hard for me to fire up the sim nowadays running default weather or the countless other bogus add ons I have wasted money on. I can’t wait for this update 

Edited by jg175
  • Like 1

It does look pretty amazing. A real game-changer!

@Captain Kitten - Please don't pay attention to that guy. I don't know what planet (or even Universe) he's living in, but - to be honest - you'll always encounter these kind of users/customers in this community by their weird claims of ownership and/or demands of knowledge. The flipside of being open about the development, is that you automatically give credence and airtime to these people...

Thankfully, they're in the minority. Just ignore them. 

/Sorry for off-topic... 

Edited by Anders Bermann

Flying real airplanes equipped with strobes in clouds gives you the same thing.  Very bright and if you aren't expecting the cloud it can startle ya a little until getting used to it.  xEnviro did a good job with the effect in 1.07 and I hope 1.10 will give the same effect.   I'm super ready to give these volumetric clouds a whirl in a snowy area, though!

I remember seeing some pics way back of cloud shadow shafts... but don't notice them after in later pics.  Will those also be included? 

Seem extremely interested on where questions are asked than answering the actual questions.  What is it with specifically X-Plane forums that people are so darn anal about where things are posted? Such a ridiculous and minuscule thing to rant over, to be honest.   Sure shows a lack of professionalism and customer service.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say xEnviro is in the business to make money.  Being obnoxious toward customers over where they are asking questions would cause alarm to me if you worked in my company.  Just sayin. 

31 minutes ago, Americanpilot89 said:

Seem extremely interested on where questions are asked than answering the actual questions.  What is it with specifically X-Plane forums that people are so darn anal about where things are posted? Such a ridiculous and minuscule thing to rant over, to be honest.   Sure shows a lack of professionalism and customer service.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say xEnviro is in the business to make money.  Being obnoxious toward customers over where they are asking questions would cause alarm to me if you worked in my company.  Just sayin. 

To be clear, I'm not on the xEnviro team - that's @Captain Kitten, therefore I'm not qualified to answer your questions 🙂

We're pretty loose on what gets posted here in general, but I recommend the other section for the sole purpose that's it's easier for the team to keep track of. 19 pages of various screenshots and questions can get a bit lost and can go unanswered (especially at the moment, Magnus is very busy). The "Discussions" section is much more likely to yield an answer, which makes it easier for the user and the devs.

I am sorry if I came off as pushy in that post, believe me in saying that wasn't the intention. I've edited it to add a "please" as it does read a bit sternly lol

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jg175 said:

Why don’t XE devs take the Zibo mod approach of several updates a week to keep users engaged in the product and much more feedback when it comes to bugs

It’s hard to find a stable version of the Zibo mod that doesn’t have any game breaking bugs...

Edited by jakesimflyer
  • Like 1

Zibo is an open source-like freeware while this is fully(ish) featured paid product.  I forgot who said it, but both of them will "always be in beta," but when you are paying for something, (especially this hefty 70 dollar price tag) you'd probably expect most of the bugs squashed and delivers on whatever that is promised. There's already a pretty good amount of people working as a beta tester it seems.

That would be us for Zibo team. Zibo has his own philosophy of uploading an update every few days or every week. And that works fine. Everyone picks on issues and in the next mini-update that issue is gone. And then next. And so on. However, the ultimate -900 follows a similar philosophy as here, updating less frequently but larger updates that are more stable. That works as well, there won't be a game-breaking issue, at least not much. That would be especially important in things like these, would you pay $70 for a buggy product? I wouldn't.

I'm very sure they are fully aware of every bit of the problems they have. They just need some time to squash them, and for that, we just need to wait. There's no need to add more beta testers for the sake of people not screaming at them for the same bugs that others probably reported and devs are aware of. People have asked in-development versions for "testing purposes" when they most likely just want to use a shiny new version not realizing that it's very likely a buggy, broken, incomplete (as xE team makes specific builds for specific things it seems) product.

TL;DR Both philosophies work, but in payware stuff, this is probably better, in my opinion. Just wait. It'll be here eventually. I'm excited for this as well. I'm a little poor but I'm probably gonna save up for it anyways 😛 

Edited by WolfAir_737
  • Like 3

Enough chatter in the screenshot section please 🙂 Take it in the discussions section.

Allright - an update:

Hi there. Is no news good news? In this case it's a yes and no.

I'll start with the "no side" because we have had yet another obsticle to overcome. We were at a point where we had to start tackling some performance issues. The way we wanted to overcome this and had planned to for some time, threw some serious negative side effects at us which would potentially ruin VR and even track IR compability. So we had to take a step back and rethink. We had a couple of intense days with the beta team wondering what the hell was going on..

It's been 10 days since my last update on the progress. I have been way way way too busy on several fronts and have only answered some questions here, on discord and in the Threshold forum sporadically.

So what is the "yes side" - the positive in not hearing from us? We have come up with a solution. And we have been working hard on getting back on track.

What does this mean?

We have remade some of the lego bricks that are the different parts of xEnviro and are now reassembling and working our way back to the nice cloud definition/resolution and grainless clouds we had in b19. I wish I had more positive news once I published this progress update - but we're serious about getting the performance right.

Screenshots are from b35 - that number should tell you somethng about how much has been done the last 10 days...

01.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I'm pretty sure you will include an option to turn the flare on and off, like in the previous version, but will there be an option to leave the "star" flare on without the rest of the flare? By star I mean the glowy bit from the "source", the sun, and 'the rest' as in the thing that goes across the screen that normally occurs inside the lens of the camera.