1.10 Development screenshots

Captain Kitten

1 hour ago, ashmanmedia said:

Ummm don’t be darn shy share the video please pretty please it’s the only thing I have to look forward to to get me through this day at work!

Hehe, It's huuge and I don't have the Internet capacity to upload it. Editing it takes too much time. I'll get some soon. Or I'll at least try to.

1 hour ago, noooch said:

The clouds seem more refined or is it just me?

The question was asked during the last stream but we couldn't hear your answer clearly: besides optimization, what kind of work remain until release?

Stream? Where can I view these streams? youtube or twitch?

b48, b50 & b51
beta testers screenshots
I will be on a business trip to Denmark this weekend and not able to post any progress screenshots or updates. I'll be back next week and hopefully have some good news for you guys. A further analogy Nurburgring update might be done upon request. And a small insight in to what we have left to work on. When I'm back that is. For now, take care 😃

06.jpg.cdd4f9ad64bdd2b034c4962d6aadf782.jpg05.jpg.b40831f1af7879aa63caaa53501d3823.jpg04.jpg.8fd239ee34032323fab63f4ec669d9ec.jpg03.jpg.aa228108665d32b9fd68443d5ea5c4c8.jpg02.jpg.3f5cfb78e348f290a3655bd840393b5d.jpg01.jpg.454b13acbb12381e7f8c041aaf3e45a7.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, cfrankling said:

Don't know if it is just me but in certain angles, bottom of clouds seem to be resting on top of a flat transparent surface.

They look too flat on the bottom.

What are you talking about?

That's the way clouds look. The base of a cloud is flat. 

The reason for this is, that is because clouds are formed, when vapor in the atmosphere condense. This process is depended on certain factors like temperature / altitude, air-pressure and water saturation of the air. Because of these physical factors, you will always see cloud bases as flat (since this is the altitude, that water vapor begins to condense) and the various cloud layers will always be at the same height. Depended on the composition of the atmosphere.

lovely and lively

please ensure the product scales well with multi-GPU before release.

earlier releases - the clouds where looking like cotton... but now we can really see the  effort put on cloud definition starting to show up

Edited by Bakr

1 hour ago, Bakr said:

lovely and lively

earlier releases - the clouds where looking like cotton... but now we can really see the  effort put on cloud definition starting to show up

X-Plane itself doesn't support two graphics card I believe. 

11 hours ago, qwqaholic said:

X-Plane itself doesn't support two graphics card I believe. 

Read the Developer's latest Blog Post

https://developer.x-plane.com/2019/03/vulkan-and-metal-a-quick-status-update/

VULKAN is opening the door for multi-CPU/GPU .. it will be mainstream reality soon.
so we hope that ADDONS like Xenviro - is pre-planned (once VULKANISED) to make the bre-built core optimizations to harness that technology to the fullest -- it is all about code optimization.

Edited by Bakr

18 hours ago, Bakr said:

lovely and lively

Its not possible to ensure this before release and before Vulcan is actually released. We are prepared for vulcan. Thats about the extent I am going in to that part of development. To add to this we will not concentrate on anything else than getting this release on its feet. Anything delaying release is not in any form of priority.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Kitten said:

Its not possible to ensure this before release and before Vulcan is actually released. We are prepared for vulcan. Thats about the extent I am going in to that part of development. To add to this we will not concentrate on anything else than getting this release on its feet. Anything delaying release is not in any form of priority.

Thanks for the update - we 'community' are more than happy to hear that.
on the same lane, the LM dev team are focused on migration to Vulkan API as much as possible on AS-IS basis - to make product stand on it feet (sit in the plane), the next subsequent releases are going to be performance and multi-cpu/gpu optimization ...  so we are very eager to see how the marriage of x-plane and xenviro are going to surprise us towards maybe q2~q4 2019 -- a whole new era for simmers with solid graphics and exceptional performance and quality....fusion...

On different note - well exnviro support the sunset effect as in this video - whereby the sun at horizon lights the clouds from below as per viewers perspective.

image.png.3005c391e9a4a37511c192a6ebe4e992.png

The reason i brought my wish for having Vulkan and Multi-GPU is because i know the dev team is fully capable to bring to life all these realistic-touches - and let the dreams of simmers soar higher ... but are bound with the commitment to make the product running as smooth on the average consumer hardware. (we know some trade offs will be required)

Keep amazing us at the threshold ...

Edited by Bakr

Disappointing update. When it was announced that there's going to be news released soon I expected something concrete. Otherwise why even announce news update when there's nothing new to say?

Edited by lanmancz