FlyAgi

FlyAgi Tweak Utility

I have recently created my own tweak utility providing a brand new and easy to use interface for accessing the most efficient parameters for Performance tuning in X-Plane 11. Some of the stuff is well known, some is new but I think the overall package could be worth a look. 

As I did not translate my website to english yet (I will do so and create a club at threshold forums in the next few days hopefully), I will just provide my demo video that shows how the utility performs, looks and handles. For the Performance keep in mind that the video has been recorded on my pretty average machine:

i7 2600k 4200MHz
16 GB DDR3 2133 MHz
GTX 1060 6GB
XP11.25

Download (non german speaking users: just scroll down to the download at the Bottom):

FlyAgi Tweak Utility - FlyAgi.de

If you have any troubles or questions just let me know. If the script crashes it is very likely incompatible to another script accessing the same DataRefs. I will definitely fix those issues but I need Information, so please tell me what is going on and send me your log.txt as well as the flywithlua_debug.txt. 

Edited by FlyAgi

I've looked everywhere, and it seems that there is no mention about Windows/Mac.

Is it working on Mac? Why such important information seems to be missing? ?

Thanks! 

It is supposed to work on Windows, Mac and Linux. The code does not make use of system specific stuff so it should work - however, the latest version 1.03b has one system specific event for creating the subfolder for save files and I could not test if I did this right for Mac/Linux because I can't test this myself. 

I tried it of Mac, and as soon as the script id loaded, Lua stop working. Removing the two files and the new created folder, reloading all the Lua scripts, everything works.

I really would love to have it working on Mac. Any suggestion? Any way I can help?

Thank you! ? 

Well... the folder got created on startup automatically? Then it should work on mac, basically. 

Maybe there is a conflict with another script. Du you have any water or xvision scripts running? Water scripts (and the xvision ones too) have to be changed slightly for not crashing lua when used with the utility. I think I can look into this further but you have to reinstall the utility again, crash lua and then send me your log.txt or flywithlua_debug.txt. 

So, what basically the flywithlua_debug.txt file says about this script is:

[001004] FlyWithLua Error: The error seems to be inside of script file Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility_Launcher.lua
[001005] FlyWithLua Debug Info: Sorry, no debug Info on stack.
[001006] FlyWithLua Debug Info: Debug file written to "<<x-plane dir>>/FlyWithLua_Debug.txt".
[001007] FlyWithLua Debug Info: Debug file written to "<<x-plane dir>>/FlyWithLua_Debug.txt".

Please let me know.. ?? Thanks!

Excellent man!!  Now it is working, and I have to say, it seems to work really well!!

Thanks for this plug in, as well as for your support..

All the best!! ???

The manual is a very good idea, so that we all can explore more deeply this fantastic plugin.

Please keep us up tp date. I'm glad you can claim not that it is working on Mac as well. ?

Thanks again, great job!! ??

The more I use FlyAGI, the more I like it! It seems to play well with my xVision profiles and whatever environment add-ons I use .... well done!!!

Where (or how) do we get notified of any updates? I'm not at my sim PC at the moment and can't remember whether you can check for updates from within the script itself. I'd love to see the excellent utility go from strength to strength.

Here's a few shots that FlyAGI helped to create!

ATR72-05-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-08-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Fly-Be-Wales-06-1350.jpg?dl=1

If you're taking requests - the use of hotkeys would be great - especially to reload the weather.

Many thanks,

Adam.

Edited by Adam_NZ
  • Thanks 1

Hi Adam,

you can find the most recent information on my website, there is also a changelog giving some hints on new stuff when introduced:

FlyAgi Tweak Utility

Regarding the hot keys: There are many hotkeys available for most important things (in the X-Plane keyboard/joystick menu) but the weather reload can be handled with a native X-Plane hot key, look for 'regenerate weather' in the key configuration (the tweak utility triggers this command to redraw the clouds). If you have set up everything you don't need to redraw the weather btw, the utility does this automatically after startup and this is only needed to activate some changes so as long as you don't change parameters in the GUI there is no need to do this. 

Regards,

Agi

Thanks for that - I didn't realise it was a default XP function. Mapped and working fine! I forgot about your main site/forum - now bookmarked!!!

Again - a tremendous piece of work! 🙂

Adam.

• Like 1

Greetings,

Albeit my recent review; I'm saying yet again thank you to FlyAgi - aaaaaaand lo, those considering getting this utility, its great to setup up nullzones and sensitivity zones for your yoke - yes!  If yerr using the Logitech ProFlight, known for several design flaws in a lot of products...this no further...however tweaking with FlyAgi...  Advanced users might just resort to their current setup, but to counter errors of the ProFlight, this utility does lots more plussssss now you'll be able to actually do things other than taking off only.  Though it is a timely customization until yerr get it right.

P.s. Where has this been for my ProFlight??  lol

• Like 1

Great to see someone who benefits from the controller options - I made this originally with my quite sluggish xbox 360 gamepad in mind and I needed nullzones and a mnual calibration to get this working properly. This all ended up with me flying helicopters with a gamepad, no stabilization of course but proper setup. 

🙂

• Like 1

@FlyAgi - Right on!  Haven't diversed enough into the controller options, but with tinkering... flying the "appearing heavy" IXEG is now a charm. 🙂 😄  In fact, been reluctant to fly for quite some time... alot of possibilities that makes flying yet again fun.  

I've been reluctant to fly in XP11 so many times... then I started tweaking and then made the utility. With some lua knowledge from the utility work I can now fix almost everything so XP11 is finally fun and possibly problems can be solved easily.

🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

I've been reluctant to fly in XP11 so many times... then I started tweaking and then made the utility. With some lua knowledge from the utility work I can now fix almost everything so XP11 is finally fun and possibly problems can be solved easily.

🙂

I've been simming for many years - probably spending more time in FSX/P3D than any others - and had never really been impressed by XP, until a sale offer for XP11 suckered me in.

After devoting a lot of time tweaking FSX (DX10 Fixer) then P3D (PTA), I was impressed by the lighting model in XP11 - even without tweaking. However - no sim is perfect and water, clouds and general shading etc. in XP leave a lot to be desired (just as in default P3D).

FlyAGI is one of the many scripts I've tried - and it really has helped to make XP11 a much better experience all round. I've ditched all similar scripts (though I still use xVision for core shaders tweaking) and just stick to FlyAGI. All the hours you put in developing the script can be multiplied many times to get the hours we all enjoy using it 🙂

Adam.

• Like 2

I've ditched all similar scripts (though I still use xVision for core shaders tweaking) and just stick to FlyAGI. All the hours you put in developing the script can be multiplied many times to get the hours we all enjoy using it 

True that Adam!  The FlyAgi GUI & xVision is really all that's needed cause niche as you say, no sim is complete with or without addons.  I flew exclusively FS2000 and FS2004 the whole childhood... I've been reluctant due to many factors, mainly, the tweaking needed (thanks to FlyAgi many annoyances have desolved - that of Logitech ProFlight e.g.) - also financially.  (as it seems everyone else in 2k19)  

My dream that I've had since somewhat around 2006-2007 was to code excessively for simulator platforms - was taking courses in school and was on par... then it got weird and still haven't recovered.  I've always seen the lack thereof of systems developers to said simulator (or if there are, plox shw mi da wei brudda weir dey ar l0l)  This makes me moist; systems and cockpit stuff!!  (Secondary is sound & effects and sceneries but it implies modelling meh lol) 

I do understand that it is "no joke" as it implies severe engineering and real life aviation understanding - both abscent, inc immense hours of practice.  All I want is to write books, fly and develop to xplane/simulator(s).  And though I now, got carried away in saying this, its one of my few constants through thick & thin.  Its there when I break down, its there up & down; learning this seems further away.  I've never been too fond of modelling or texture/painting too though... but I go to bed every night dreaming of what I want to create (and many of these things seem to manifest by other developers)

Anyhoo, apologize severely for getting carried off topic in your post FlyAgi & spamming rubbish Adam_NZ lol.

I bid you good evening and a wonderful safe life,

Regards...

Creepy noises make my skin creep, I need to get some sleep.... I can't get NO sleep.  I can't get sleep. 

2 hours ago, Kris Thorsheim said:

Anyhoo, apologize severely for getting carried off topic in your post

That's fine and I think you have some interesting points to tell. 🙂

If you still want to develop for X-Plane I suggest to just grab a project and start doing it. I did never do any programming before and made the utility while I learned the basic lua it needed and designing sceneries as well I learned by doing and all this startet about 2 years ago - at the beginning of 2017 I had absolutely no clue about anything X-Plane as I just switched from P3D some months before. X-Plane however was very different to me, it made me create some gateway airports (I was never interested in creating anything for FSX or P3D) and soon after I was creating full custom sceneries and then some simple lua tewaking here and there and it all added up, step by step. X-Plane is really developer friendly, you can just start doing as the most important tools are provided and documentation is also pretty good for the most part - all you need is a project to start with and, maybe, some people to work with. I can't tell you much about aircraft design (modelling part) but if you, for example, want to create custom systems you could start with an aircraft available which does lack in the systems department and create some systems yourself with lua (xlua, FlyWithLua, SASL). I'm doing this myself for some parts of the utility, the force trim and other helicopter stuff are in fact custom systems which can be added to helicopters (I made xlua versions as well). If you don't want to do the modelling but more the systems part I think this is a chance for you as many aircraft come with great modelling and all this but they often are limited in the curstom features and systems department - so if you can do this it should be easy to find a developer to team up some day. 

On 5/25/2019 at 2:12 AM, Adam_NZ said:

All the hours you put in developing the script can be multiplied many times to get the hours we all enjoy using it

Well... thank you very much, Adam. To see that others like my work is the biggest reward I can get and this is also what makes me keeping on. 

🙂

• Thanks 1