FlyAgi Tweak Utility

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been simming for many years - probably spending more time in FSX/P3D than any others - and had never really been impressed by XP, until a sale offer for XP11 suckered me in. After devoting a

The more I use FlyAGI, the more I like it! It seems to play well with my xVision profiles and whatever environment add-ons I use .... well done!!! Where (or how) do we get notified of any updates

Thanks for that - I didn't realise it was a default XP function. Mapped and working fine! I forgot about your main site/forum - now bookmarked!!! Again - a tremendous piece of work! 🙂 Adam.

Posted Images

Glad to hear - may I ask you what framerates you get when this happens? And, if this happens once gain, could you please check in the launcher options if the 'global settings' save file has been loaded properly (before reloading the scripts)?

• 4 months later...

I am encountering a problem where FWL always stops at the beginning of a session with the error that says  "FTU_Save_Load.lua:544: bad argument #2 to 'format' (number expected, got nil)" I don't know how to get your utility to work unfortunately. I only managed to make FWL work once with the utility after restarting the lua engine multiple times but it does not seem to work anymore. I am using FWL NG, I updated it to the last version to see if it was a backward compatibility issue but to no avail. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I just stumbled on this programme and after watching a video of it I downloaded and installed it. 

There are no install instructions, whatsoever that I can find and after the install I cannot find in in the XPlane11 plugins menu and nor do I get the little clickspot in the lower right of the screen. In other words,

it is invisible to me. 

I have no idea if I have installed it correctly and no way to find out how to do that correctly.

I have unzipped it into a folder and then moved all the folders (other than scenery which was copied into Xplane custom scenery folder) into Fly with Lua.

Nothing showed up.

I then unzipped the file into Fly with Lua and then moved the scenery folder.

Still nothing.

I feel I may need some help

Regards

Tony

Copy the following files and folders from the  zip archive into X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts:

• FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility (folder)
  • FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility.lua
  • FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility_Static_Override.lua

Then start X-Plane and the utility will show up.

:-)

On 2/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, FlyAgi said:

This sets the lod to maintain target fps as set in the target fps button. If fps fall below thespecified target, objects visibility range is reduced to recover fps.

🙂

Yes, I got that part, but I'm not sure what the number in AutoLOD intensity is?

I get that FPS Target set to 30 will try to maintain 30fps, but what does AutoLOD Intensity set to 30 do? I can change that number as well as the target FPS.

Sorry if I'm not understanding.

fwa-autolod.png

Edited by bootsie

The intensity is the strength for lod reduction, higher values mean faster fps recovery but also less objects visible. The value is indepent from the target fps setting, increase intensity to get more stable fps or decrease if lod is too low (not enough objects visible) most of the time.

23 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

The intensity is the strength for lod reduction, higher values mean faster fps recovery but also less objects visible. The value is indepent from the target fps setting, increase intensity to get more stable fps or decrease if lod is too low (not enough objects visible) most of the time.

Thanks, that makes sense now!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have been using FTU for years and love it - great job. I have just installed the latest revision, and the basic lua script "HUD Module Test.lua" seems to be causing it to crash now where it never used to. Is there a way I can get them to play nicely together again? I think this is the text from the log.ini that highlights the issue but I don't know how to fix it.

FlyWithLua Info: The DataRef "sim/cockpit/radios/transponder_mode" is already handled in variable "TRANSPONDER_MODE", you want to use it with "ftu_transponder_mode".
FlyWithLua Info: As long as only one variable wants writable access to the DataRef, it is okay (but you loose performance).
FlyWithLua Error: The variable "ftu_transponder_mode" wants to write a DataRef, that is already handled by another variable.
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Sorry, no debug Info on stack.
FlyWithLua Debug Info From Plugin: SystemPath "F:\X-Plane 11/"
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Debug file written to "F:\X-Plane 11/FlyWithLua_Debug.txt"
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Plugin Main directory = F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Script directory = F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Internals directory = F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Internals/
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Modules directory = F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Modules/
FlyWithLua Debug Info: Debug file written to "<<x-plane dir>>/FlyWithLua_Debug.txt".
0:01:38.318 I/WIN: Opened window menu bar
XL: 1 : JARDesign plugin: F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\X-Life\News/news.txt file updated.
XL: 1 : MessageGreen: X-Life Traffic by JARDesign Ver.v.4_010519
FlyWithLua Debug Info From Plugin: SystemPath "F:\X-Plane 11/"
FlyWithLua Error: Can't execute Lua chunk. The chunk who failed is: DO_OFTEN_CHUNK
XL: 15 : MessageGreen: Approved Airport List for X-Life Updated!
FlyWithLua Info: Searching for Lua quarantined script files
FlyWithLua Info: The folder /Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts (Quarantine)/ does not exist or it is empty.

Thanks

The HUD module test script is incompatible it seems. Asthereare lots of compatiblity issues because of dataref access conflicts I can't fix them all easily but have to rewrite the whole thing. I'm planning to do this step by step but this will not happen anytime soon, next step will be removing some non-essential features and decreasing the need for datarefs as well as code complexity to reduce compatibility conflicts but I can't say when I get this done right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

The HUD module test script is incompatible it seems. Asthereare lots of compatiblity issues because of dataref access conflicts I can't fix them all easily but have to rewrite the whole thing. I'm planning to do this step by step but this will not happen anytime soon, next step will be removing some non-essential features and decreasing the need for datarefs as well as code complexity to reduce compatibility conflicts but I can't say when I get this done right now.

OK, thanks anyway. Still an awesome script 👍

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have enjoyed this Utility very much and has help my FPS a lot with X-plane 11. There is an issue with an aircraft when I load it. It's the carenado Do-228 model. When the FlyAgi Utility tries to load, it will stop and have this on top of the window of screen of x-plane. ; "...titly/Userdata/Settings/FTU_DO228_Aircraft_Settings.lua1:unexpected sysmbol" then on the far right of the screen it reads, "Lua stopped!" Can you help me with is this, 

Thank you. AFFF

BTW, not sure how to upload my Log.txt file

You can attach a log.txt file to the messages by just dragging it or use the 'choose files' button. Anyway, the latest version (1.13a) possibly fixes this as there is no aircraft settings file any more so please download and try the latest version.