AA_eeuqey - how is this shortcut related to SAM?

WebMaximus

Tonight, I found a shortcut called AA_eeuqey in my Custom Scenery folder pointing to X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library

Haven't seen this one before.

Is this some official SAM thing or rather some other developer using SAM who added this shortcut for whatever reason?

Anyone else seen it?

• WebMaximus changed the title to AA_eeuqey - how is this shortcut related to SAM?

Since my last post, I've learned this shortcut seems to be specifically for the newly added JETWAY EXT.POWER setting. Having that enabled results in this shortcut. Disabling that option removes it.

What I don't get is why give the shortcut such an odd name. Not giving any clues what the shortcut is related to. Why not call it AA_SAMJetWayExtPwr or whatever.

Oh well, now I at least know what it is and which software put it there...

6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Why not call it AA_SAMJetWayExtPwr or whatever.

You're one of the few who would even notice something like that, let alone question it. There is a (more legacy) reason for that but we are already changed it for the release of 2.0.8.

Edited by Marten@Stairport

When you all of a sudden have a new shortcut in your custom scenery folder you know you've never seen before with a very weird name, I think it's quite natural to question what it is and where it came from.

No big deal, now I know and good to hear you'll be improving on this going forward.

OK, so I checked my inbox (not the Inbox in here but my private email inbox) and found this reply from you sent on the 14'th of May. So I'm a bit confused looking at your answer above where you say it won't be fixed unless I have an open ticket for it. Because as seen in your reply over a month ago, you already confirmed this to be a known issue you're working on.

So, looking forward to a fix so you don't need to change the scaling in order to run your UI.

Here's your reply:

"

Hi Richard Åsberg,

thanks for getting in touch.

Its a known problem, we are working on it. The Suite is tested with standard windows display Settings on a 4K monitor, you may want to use these settings to set up SAM.
Stairport Support"