Wim1957

Label xEnviro

Hello to everyone,

Ill buy yesterday xEnviro,

But ill have a problem.

The install is oke also the registration key is oke. 

But when ill start up X Plane 11.50, the label from xEnviro is not go away. 

Ill kan fly but ill see always that label, what is the problem.

Please can somebody help me.

Greetings HW Rutgers

7 hours ago, Wim1957 said:

Hello to everyone,

Ill buy yesterday xEnviro,

But ill have a problem.

The install is oke also the registration key is oke. 

But when ill start up X Plane 11.50, the label from xEnviro is not go away. 

Ill kan fly but ill see always that label, what is the problem.

Please can somebody help me.

Greetings HW Rutgers

It is not compatible with Vulkan, turn off the Vulkan checkbox in your graphics settings tab.

It is not compatible with Vulkan, turn off the Vulkan checkbox in your graphics settings tab.

There's no future in it. Not even 1000 screenshots will help.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
  • Confused 1

It is not compatible with Vulkan yet because Vulkan is beta, if you want to complain and troll, do it elsewhere man

Where can I troll? I get spam here with thousands of screenshots that are of no use to anyone who has already chosen vulkan, and that's a hell of a lot. If the developer would care about vulkan compatibility instead of 1000 of screenshots, it would be done soon. But excuse me. Only positive tones are allowed here.

as a developer myself, i can say and see that xEnviro development has nothing to do primarily with Vulkan, that is never the issue, but it has more to do with perfecting volumetric noise particles to look like real clouds and mutli-phase optimizations needed to be done prior to sending the frame for rendering to graphics api. even if it is using vulkan api which is exposed by laminar to plugins developers, (which by the way no plugin-developer can tress pass to send direct rendering calls to the universal frame buffer), therefore even if xenviro is on vulkan today, nothing would considerably change from where we are now, as it wont bring a perceivable performance, it is not about rendering, it is about the mathematical transformations that need to take place before rendering any single frame - be it opengl or vulkan or dx12 ... no difference.

the limitations being battled are constrains in x-plane platform api - the developers at asobo did not face these limitations as the msfs2020 engine was reconstructed on a green field with building on top on fresh open modem design for the sim - a paradigm shift. (they had the HEADROOM to do what they do - we love what they have done)

even xplane 12 is expected going to be on a total different engine than 11.50 ... the graphics api is only the surface of the simulator engine.

it is very difficult to build a castle on top of moving sands. to be realistic, i think in a year's time, x-plane will make msfs2020 outdated, as the rules of competition were shaken and the bar got to be raised to stay relevant.

developing xe 1.14 for xplane is like trying to fit new a new turbo engine in an old beetle car somehow, but still using same old axiles - there are a lot of compromises - thus less headroom.

or a long man stuffing himself in a car with low roof,,,

consider the developments happening in unreal engine 5... that is just the beginning,

===================

Also notice how simtech did not fulfil its promise to provide a drop-in replacement for the clouds rendering ever-since they release asxp  according to their FAQ section.

image.png.f19e4f32b44f79404585d0988e3d5327.png

================

Also notice how rex simulations react to same matter https://www.thresholdx.net/news/rexxfx

=======

So, comparatively,  xenviro is at the edge - and thanks for the 1000 photos

Edited by Bakr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikegame1978 said:

Where can I troll? I get spam here with thousands of screenshots that are of no use to anyone who has already chosen vulkan, and that's a hell of a lot. If the developer would care about vulkan compatibility instead of 1000 of screenshots, it would be done soon. But excuse me. Only positive tones are allowed here.

lol blah blah blah blah...  just switch to mfs2020 dude

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikegame1978 said:

1: Constructive criticism is definitely allowed. So if you actually deliver that and not just hijack someone elses thread with  blatant negative comment with no content, then I have no problem with it.  2: Screenshots are for the people who want to follow progress. You are free to leave or unfollow threads if you feel you are spammed. 3: Vulkan is in beta and the reasons why why we don't cover a beta and also need to finish what we have started is covered in that thread if you care to read.

But I suspect nothing I would say or explain would mend your anger anyway. Just don't be rude or hijack other peoples posts and we have no problem.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 10:12 AM, mikegame1978 said:

Grow up.

• Like 1