Announcing: CYWG Winnipeg 2020

Hi everyone,

For as long as 3D flight sims have been around, Canada has been an empty void in the world of virtual aviation. Thankfully, there are a few dedicated developers who are slowly, but greatly filling this void. Within the emptiness of Canada spans an even quieter region that some may know to be Central Canada. An FS9 (Flight Simulator 2004) developer known online as "Gaputz" on the Avsim forums has been creating high quality freeware projects for this region for quite a while. Greg (Gaputz) is responsible for a great 2020 rendition of Winnipeg, James Richardson International Airport.

I am very pleased to be able to share my conversion of Greg's fantastic YWG and to help 'fill the void' which will exclusively be available on the Threshold Forums.

The scenery has been constructed using art assets generously supplied by Greg Putz (Building models/textures), Canada4XPlane (Ground art and guidance), and David Rawlins (Static CL-215's), MisterX (Library assets).

Notable features list:

Exact 2020 simulation of YWG within X-Plane core limitations.

4K PBR ground textures derived from ALES. Most supplied by Canada4XPlane.

4K PBR ground lines and edges derived from ALES. Most supplied by Canada4XPlane.

Dynamic lighting

Easy to install seasonal packages (Summer & Winter) without the need for JSGME.

Replica jetways (SAM animated jetways to come in version 1.1)

Known issues:

This scenery is designed to be used with BING ZL19 orthophotos. As limited by Bing EULA, their content may not be shared. Because of this, the scenery does not include it.

This scenery is designed with a pilot-oriented experience. Everything that is should be visible from an apron or movement area is modelled and included. Areas that are not visible without using a spectator camera are not included.

Jetways are static for now and will be animated in version 1.1

We have just entered close beta of the scenery and look forward to a release within the week of 15 November, 2020.

Stay warm!

Screenshot_1.jpg.10b45ef0028769567b0559779daa94f5.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.76883db90fa1e297e4343e0b2363931a.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg.5ebdd66cdb8e2c492e36def8f9e69d7e.jpgScreenshot_18.jpg.39eff485caa11ad2f01f7b0cb457c255.jpgScreenshot_19.jpg.1d12fb4da1e359bf25ff212a36b4f1a6.jpgScreenshot_23.jpg.08d5290c2ceb8b38e74a177989d23d2d.jpgScreenshot_24.jpg.ca700241c8cbd258d8f7b4a9395ee089.jpgScreenshot_28.jpg.86616b57b94641ff794f8a56e391a8c8.jpgScreenshot_31.jpg.735ec089106a56d20c64c166431391cf.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

Screenshot_9.jpg

Screenshot_10.jpg

Screenshot_12.jpg

Screenshot_13.jpg

Screenshot_14.jpg

Screenshot_15.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg

Screenshot_17.jpg

Screenshot_20.jpg

Screenshot_21.jpg

Screenshot_22.jpg

Screenshot_25.jpg

Screenshot_26.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg

Screenshot_29.jpg

Screenshot_30.jpg

5 minutes ago, Irfan Ahmed said:

I see snow!!! 😍 Please tell me that this DOES use SAM seasons. I'd really like another airport that is compatible with it.

It uses SAM Seasons assets. I do not believe the assets included in the SDK work natively with the plug-in.

I have made it super easy to change the season with 1 drag/drop of a single file. JSGME is not needed. An additional download everytime you want to change the season is not needed as the files are self-contained.

The infield textures will be able to be changed using SAM seasons assuming you are not using the suggested BING orthophotos in the winter.

23 minutes ago, shenherm said:

It uses SAM Seasons assets. I do not believe the assets included in the SDK work natively with the plug-in.

I have made it super easy to change the season with 1 drag/drop of a single file. JSGME is not needed. An additional download everytime you want to change the season is not needed as the files are self-contained.

The infield textures will be able to be changed using SAM seasons assuming you are not using the suggested BING orthophotos in the winter.

Ok, cool! 👍 X-Plane really does need seasons and with FS2020 setting the bar, an overhauled scenery.

Thanks! Downloaded and installed. Wonderful!! Winter season works!! Lot of hard work put in this project and it shows. 👍

P.S. (I'll give 10/10 stars in my review after working jetways. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful scenery package. Just wanted to clarify this bit)

• Thanks 1
On 11/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, Irfan Ahmed said:

Thanks! Downloaded and installed. Wonderful!! Winter season works!! Lot of hard work put in this project and it shows. 👍

P.S. (I'll give 10/10 stars in my review after working jetways. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful scenery package. Just wanted to clarify this bit)

Just pushed 1.1