Inibuilds A300 weather radar

Popham graham

• 1 month later...

Good luck in solving the issue!  And don't forget to post what equipment you are using your VR on - as it may have something to do with it.  But to me, it seems like a display issue or some sort of transparency issue.  I do not think it is the plane itself, though, we know now its not made for VR out of the box; I cannot confirm or deny it.  SimVRLabs should have more on this, lol.

Thank you, just a tad annoyed that Inibuikds said on their site it was vr compatible when clearly it is not. But....it is good enough to enjoy flying Vr. I think all developers should be made to offer a free trial so as people get the chance to try the product. After all it is not cheap by any means. I have taken a break from Vr and have to say i am enjoying the clarity and the higher settings on xplane doing xcamera  and track ir.  Everything is working a treat.

Ditto.  I for one, are enjoying X-Plane with X-Camera and TrackIR too.  Dont get to bummed up on the VR hype.  According to Navigraph survey, some odd 20% of simmers are using VR hardware.  So native VR support should be included.  Not, if the product is stated to be compatible, but lingering issues reside, then its not fun.  But like all new technologies, I do not buy in the hype, cause I know it takes quite a few years before specs catch up to produce desired results.  (I remember the days I was using 1080 HD before everyone else; slow buffering speeds etc etc etc. It took a few years before it was desirable.  Then 4K came and it was the same shenanigans.   Its all to buff consumer prices to produce sales for stock owners and investors, as to be expected, but its counter productive to the consumer itself.  As soon as technology meets demand and specs to produce results, next generation tech comes in, and is a never ending cycle since the 720 days when it comes to resolution/screens.  Now its the same with ethernet speeds) 

If a product is to be nativeVR supported, then it should be advertised as such AND be supported without general issue.  I would call weather radar (white transparent sweep) issue to be a "nagging" issue and detrimental to nativeVR support.  But I am no expert or reviewer to have power over this.

Glad we are together on this. I also dont like getting too involved in the Facebook forums. Uou just get loads of trolls who think they know it all and the abuse you get is rife. People don't want to help anymore just make fun of someone who may gave taken the step to join flight sim world. Seen it so many times. Stay in touch nice chatting 

It is because it feels good to belittle someone.  These same trolls are the ones frustrated about a lack of real life or sense of connection to oneself.  So they critique and take it out on the ethernet.  Odd as it sounds, the same ones who destroy another's life by reality or on the web, are the same ones who need to change life.  That is why extremism can only be defeated at its core, the individual human itself.  In all, it feels good to condemn, coverse and belittle.  I do not know which is worse, violence or ignorance.  I only know unsuccessful people do not take responsibility for their short lives here on this weird planet and whoever controls the world, must be getting reports at how stupid and inhuman people have become (with satisfaction that they want to kill billions of people).  Unsuccessful people critique those that are doers.  And successful doers critique sensitive people who do not get the privilege of being an alien in the Western Hemisphere; never ending cycle.  I can go on and on, there really is no hope for humanity - it is a never ending cycle that keeps repeating the last chapter of a spoiled book.  But the good news is, one can look at his or hers life and say: "I do not like this life, let me find ways to change it!".  Yes that is possible, but in reality, there is nothing nice with this world.  There is nothing funny about being human today.  But it can be fun on the road to death.  Because in the end we are alone.  Many have had a habit of coping with people, things, lust etc etc.  The feeling of just dying and being a slave is just a feeling and as tainted as the world seems, likely such viewpoint of the world can only lead to suffering.  Life is suffering.  Discord is for the unsuccessful.  I know what's wrong with the world, but I am definitively apart of the problem, and there is no solution in this.  There is no leadership today.  Only soiled kids with megaphones debating who would like to take a shit first.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for a late response as I don't monitor this forum at all but just happened to stumble on this.

Here's the situation from the POV of the person who made the SimVRLabs mod and works with iniSimulations.

The A300 was released and, in tandem the SimVRLabs official mod was released for it. The known bugs(issues) was that the EFB is not operable with the VR controllers. Everything else was known to work in VR as thus was not advertised as broken.

I have stressed the importance of the EFB's functionality in VR to ini on every communication occurence. They are very aware that the EFB has been VR INOP since day 1. They have told me that they were working on a fix. SimVRLabs is not able to fix this issue because the EFB is custom coded using SASL. SASL code has a known hatred for VR unless the developer exclusively writes in extra lines of code which allows VR manipulation. Because ini never intended their plane to be used in VR until I reached out to them asking to build VR support, they did not write any code for VR at all which is understandable.

I explained that the EFB was INOP to which INI said that they would work on a solution.

After we released the mod, a user found a workaround for the EFB and made it known to us. They found that if you use MoveVR's SASL -> XPlane VR setting, you can operate the EFB without issue. INI was made aware of this and has decided that it is best for their users to settle on a workaround rather than a proper fix. I can support and challenge their decision. I support their decision because changing any kind of code is not a simple task, especially when it is something with a lot of dependencies such as an EFB. It would have been easy to code in VR support from the beginning, but it is not easy to add VR support after the code is completed. Adding VR support would very likely break the code in many ways and would not be worth the time in the end especially when none of their developers use VR. I can challenge their decision by saying that it makes me uneasy that a development team would advertise VR support when such a critical component of their product is INOP in VR. It is an interesting decision to force customers to use a workaround as a solution to a problem which was not advertised to them when they bought the product (SimVRLabs has been 100% transparent with the mod). As for which route is best, I will let you decide as it is not my place to criticize any development team or house. I am explaining this as it is and am not intending to be anything other than objective.

The weather radar has an identical story as the EFB. They are aware of the issue but instead have not said that they were working on a fix. There is absolutely nothing that SimVRLabs can do for the WXR as it is entirely a SASL code issue which we have no control over.

INI released their Beluga which received official VR support by SimVRLabs. We have indicated that both the WXR and EFB are VR INOP. 

I am hoping that INI will work closer with us for their A310 to remedy these issues should they like to work with us again for that project, but I cannot promise or guarantee anything. 

I hope this explains the entire situation with clarity, and I hope that you guys enjoy the A300/A300-600ST in VR.

Cheers,

Matheson

• 3 weeks later...

I must say this is really poor on Ini Simulations behalf.  They don't even try to help either.  I bought the plane which stated in the product description that VR was supported.  Now, you cannot do a full flight from start to finish with these VR issues, as you cannot use the EFB to set things up.  I have tried using the "workaround" with MoveVR, but that does not work for me either.  When I asked for general advice on how this worked, I was just given the same old reply by a Ini Simulations staffer about how VR was not supported.  They did not even offer the advice I was after, which was for someone to explain how MoveVR works with the EFB.  I can get the EFB to work with MoveVR in the A300, but the problem is when that works, I cannot manipulate ANY other switches or knobs, so that makes it more useless.  Now they say they will not even try to fix the weather radar issue.  Just pathetic.  It is not a cheap addon, I cannot believe how they have lied to their customers and now just do not even care.  Just write some extra lines of code FFS!!.  I will not be buying any more planes from these guys.  I like the A300, but I do not like their customer support at all. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 8:51 PM, scotth6 said:

Just write some extra lines of code FFS!!

ini shouldn't have marketed the A300(s) as VR compatible.  It also seems to the naked eye that they are hesitant in making their products nativeVR compatible moving forward too.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.