Where are we and where are we going?

Captain Kitten

On 6/8/2019 at 2:50 AM, Captain Kitten said:

I can decline that straight away. We will never have a demo version for xenviro. Several reasons for it: we don't have time to even look on to how we would do it and second is security. 

1.10 is heavy. It's just the way it is at this stage and I suggest you wait. 

Oh wow! BOLD statement to make, I've got to say.  Well, while I wait.... I'll happily use other software.  Microsoft may just end this issue for us all next year, anyways.  

On 6/21/2019 at 3:52 AM, Americanpilot89 said:

Oh wow! BOLD statement to make, I've got to say.  Well, while I wait.... I'll happily use other software.  Microsoft may just end this issue for us all next year, anyways.  

Not sure what part makes you say it's a bold statement. Or what made you react with sadface. Fact is that xE is yet to be cracked and a demo version would break that isntantly. I don't really see the boldness in that. It's rather a firm safety fature. Microsoft sure has stired things up, but if they have the flightmodel and all other things in place to be a good replacement for X-Plane remains to be seen. It has a lot of boxes to tick off before I even consider making it my primary sim. And we will not stop developing just for the possibility that it might.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

About Vulkan

Have you had chance to work on Vulkan/Metal internal test - similar to ORBX alongside any early performance results .

or is that completely not a priority for 1.11 (probably for 1.12)

By the way, we are eager to have  updates for 1.11....

Thanks

Edited by Bakr
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bakr said:

About Vulkan

Have you had chance to work on Vulkan/Metal internal test - similar to ORBX alongside any early performance results .

or is that completely not a priority for 1.11 (probably for 1.12)

By the way, we are eager to have  updates for 1.11....

Thanks

Vulcan testbed is not available to developers yet.

updates for 1.11 will come when I have some. I just came home from vacation.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Kitten said:

Vulcan testbed is not available to developers yet.

updates for 1.11 will come when I have some. I just came home from vacation.

You deserve a good rest - and best compliments for the achieved milestone thus far.

That we have to wait, is what I was talking about.  After a full year of waiting for your product to just run smoothly with no visual bugs, we are told to wait by the very people who should know best how long we all have "waited" for a solid product.  Seems like we now all have to go get hardware updates only necessary for your software, or wait longer with very little hope that you'd actually fix performance/visuals.  xEnviro simply ignores the past and focuses on the future.  4K, by the way, IS THE FUTURE!!  That's great if you released products without "known" bugs.  But you don't even fix the bugs.  I could care less about a demo version.  The bold, and sad face came from being told to wait longer if we can't run your product.  So yes, I'll never give any more money to this company or website.  BOLD. lol @Captain Kitten

Edited by Americanpilot89
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 4:55 AM, Americanpilot89 said:

That we have to wait, is what I was talking about.  After a full year of waiting for your product to just run smoothly with no visual bugs, we are told to wait by the very people who should know best how long we all have "waited" for a solid product.  Seems like we now all have to go get hardware updates only necessary for your software, or wait longer with very little hope that you'd actually fix performance/visuals.  xEnviro simply ignores the past and focuses on the future.  4K, by the way, IS THE FUTURE!!  That's great if you released products without "known" bugs.  But you don't even fix the bugs.  I could care less about a demo version.  The bold, and sad face came from being told to wait longer if we can't run your product.  So yes, I'll never give any more money to this company or website.  BOLD. lol @Captain Kitten

You seem to have missed what we actually have been doing in the admittadly very long wait for 1.10. And also all of my statements running up to 1.10 release. And if you have followed along I am going to ignore your obvious attempts on provocations. Among other things performance is being worked on 4k performance having priority. 1.10 is now the platform we are working on and now we can actually concentrate on refining within the basis of volumetrics.

• Like 3