LES Saab 340A

Joe_K

Out of the VR Lab: Leading Edge Simulations Saab 340A v 1.5.1

This is a major update! Now featuring a fully working yoke for VR touch controllers, and at last count, there are now 142 custom hand-tuned manipulators optimized to work with VR touch controllers.  No more axis lines on the throttle and condition levers and the gear handle. I worked very hard to make things just act and "feel" as right as they can.

Manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-GPS Knobs, inner/outer
-Sun Shades, slide on rail and lower/raise
-All Light Intensity Rheostats
-Autopilot Altitude Selector Dial
-Com 1 and 2 Function Selector and Frequency knobs, inner and outer
-Nav 1 and 2 Function Selector and Frequency knobs, inner and outer
-ADF 2 and 2 Function Selector and Frequency knobs, inner and outer
-Transponder Function Selector and Frequency knobs
-CRS 1 dial
-CRS 2 dial
-HDG dial
-OBS Knobs
-IAS Bug knobs
-Altimeter baro pressure knobs
-Overhead DC Selector knob
-Flight Number Digit Wheels have been tuned for functionality
-Parking Brake orientation corrected (was previously reversed, now a push toward the floor pushes the knob down)
-Steering Tiller orientation corrected (was previously reversed, now a push toward the floor pushes the knob down)
-DCP Select knob tweaked
-Decision Height Knob rotation and push in/out tweaked (was previously reversed)
-VR Yoke (Thank you Jan of Stairport Sceneries for the manipulator to work with, and the countless hours of patience and testing with me!)
-AP Disconnect Button on yoke working
-Custom Autopilot V/S knob that overlays the one that doesn't work in VR with touch controllers

Many (many!) manipulators reworked and hand-tuned for maximum workability, including:

-Throttle
-Condition Levers
-Flaps
-Gear Handle
-Friction Locks
-Knobs
-Switch Covers
-Fire Handles
-Temp Knobs
-Light Knobs

Other Immersive VR Tweaks:

Now there's a tiny teleport hotspot above and behind the center console. This hotspot teleports you out of the cockpit and into the cabin just outside the cockpit door facing aft. From there you can make a cup of coffee, or teleport over to a couple places in the cabin. One is in front of the main door, where you can open it and slide the stairs out and lower/raise them. From there you can also operate the cabin lighting switches. You can also shoot the teleport cord toward the rear of the aircraft down the aisle, where you'll also find another hotspot that puts you in a passenger window seat overlooking the rear of the wing. You can hand slide the window cover up or down and turn on/off the reading lights, as well as push the call button to call the stewardess. Very immersive and wonderful for replays as well.

What's new in V106 (for passenger version only right now):  All the known bugs or issues listed below should be fixed.  New VR walkaround feature...add or remove ALL items from within VR using hand controllers.  

Installation Instructions:

I recommend making a backup copy of your X-plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340a/*** Variant folders. Just rename them to something like ****** Variant Old, so you can easily just revert back if you need to.

Step 1. Unzip the file and you'll find 3 folders, one for each variant. Add the ***_vrconfig.txt file to your Aircraft's X-plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340a/*** Variant folder.
Step 2. Open the ***_Cockpit_obj.txt file in a text editor such as notepad, etc. Select All and copy everything.  Open your LES_Saab_340a_****_cockpit.obj OBJ file in a text editor and delete everything in it, and paste all your copied info into it. Save that file and you're good to go.

Known bugs or issues (fixed in v106, still present in v105):

- Switches that should "snap" back to centre, such as starter switch, bleeds, trims, V/S wheel, etc...they do not snap back to centre using the VR controllers. I believe there is some custom "on mouse release" gizmo code going on there, and the VR controllers aren't seen by gizmo as a "mouse". Fortunately, the VR mouse works just fine, so I map the VR mouse to a button on my yoke and turn it on when I need to adjust trims. Everything else is still usable with the VR controllers. When you reset the bleeds it will stay in the reset position, but I've found that it's fine to leave it there. The same thing with the starter switch, it will just stay in the position of the engine you just started but doesn't make a difference. If you want to snap it back to centre, just use the VR mouse for now.
- Some custom mouse wheel code in 2d gets broken while using the VR mod, so if you are going to fly her in 2d you may want to revert back to the old .obj files.
- gust lock only works using VR mouse. Again, I believe it's dependent on some custom gizmo mouse code.

Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported LES update, so don't expect support from them on it. If you need help you can always ask me or just revert to your backed up folders. If you lose the old files and just want to reset everything just reinstall the aircraft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be a member of the club to download any files so please go ahead and join up, otherwise you will get an error.

SimVRlabs-Saab-V105.zip

SimVRlabs-Saab340Pass-V106.zip

Edited by Joe_K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Joe_K locked and pinned this topic
  • Joe_K unlocked and locked this topic
  • Joe_K unpinned, unlocked, pinned and locked this topic