Open Club  ·  3,961 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

739 NG crashes xplane when starting flight

pbot

8 minutes ago, XPJavelin said:

So I've discovered that totally emptying the B738.anav.lua file still crashes the sim.  So the error does not lies inside the script but by the sole presence of it it seems.

Try to delete and re install the 737NG Series folder

Could you confirm you have not a running real-time security scan tool ?

SELinux used or not ?

Hi All,

I was having the same issue - it turns out that having my main X-Plane 11 folder nested in a higher-level directory (i.e. not in the root of the drive) was causing issues. I moved the folder and all is working fine.

Just remember to re-map any external apps (Navigraph Updater/ZiboUpdater etc.)

Hope this helps.

Stuart

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart_737 said:

Hi All,

I was having the same issue - it turns out that having my main X-Plane 11 folder nested in a higher-level directory (i.e. not in the root of the drive) was causing issues. I moved the folder and all is working fine.

Just remember to re-map any external apps (Navigraph Updater/ZiboUpdater etc.)

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Perhaps @XPJavelin may have a try on it ... ?

2 hours ago, flyexp3 said:

Could you confirm you have not a running real-time security scan tool

Unfortunately I cannot disclose such information.

2 hours ago, Stuart_737 said:

I moved the folder and all is working fine.

I elected to edit the suspicious script based on this report instead. I was not going to move the Gigantic X-Plane folder and break all my home cockpit dependencies.

At line 224 : commented and replaced by manual flie path.

--xplane_file_path            = find_dataref("zibomod/Xplane_Path")
xplane_file_path = "/opt/X-Plane/X-Plane 11/"

it seems the problem is gone with that change.

This seems magical since the Zibo file in their script also has the same line, at line 220 in their version of the lua script.

I don't CTD anymore but of course, the bug cannot be marked as solved or close unless devs investigate.

You are welcome for the help.

Edited by XPJavelin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hello,

Could someone from the Level Up team please read the posts in https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/4877-ctd-on-aircraft-load-in/ .

I quote two posts from there: 

CharlieWooding says "...  It turns out that Ski doesn’t like spaces in your directory folders (i.e “D:/X-Plane 11 Simulator). I removed the spaces within the title to reflect the below: 
Root folder:/X-Plane11Simulator     The next load-in worked perfectly and caused no CTD. "
       and
 OuterMarker says "...I'm now certain that the Windshield effects are the culprit. I was able to load the plane with "X-Plane11", turned the windshield effects off, renamed it back to "X-Plane 11" and it worked just fine. Turning the effects back on then caused an instant CTD ..."

I, myself, did exactly what OuterMarker recommended, and... No more CDT´s. Thanks to them.

The Level Up team did some wonderful planes. Thanks also to them.   But, in my opinion, they must deal the "space in directory folders" issue!

PS.: I´ve never had such problem with Zibo. The space in "X-Plane 11" has been always there; as is now for Level Up.

Edited by FerNeves

35 minutes ago, FerNeves said:

I´ve never had such problem with Zibo. The space in "X-Plane 11" has been always there; as is now for Level Up.

35 minutes ago, FerNeves said:

they must deal the "space in directory folders" issue

Great stuff here !

On 1/6/2022 at 2:55 AM, XPJavelin said:

I elected to edit the suspicious script based on this report instead. I was not going to move the Gigantic X-Plane folder and break all my home cockpit dependencies.

This seems magical since the Zibo file in their script also has the same line, at line 220 in their version of the lua script.

I don't CTD anymore but of course, the bug cannot be marked as solved or close unless devs investigate.

This really helped. Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reminding me of this thread,

@XPJavelinThanks for the tip on where to find the problem. When I've managed to get back to my home, I've spent a day with Zibo on trying to find a better way to make this work.

What ended up being was that this was related on how librain received the directory of the plane. This meant that either Zibo or Level Up would crash on certain directories with the Windshield Effects "On". If you test any version of Zibo near start of the year you would see it crash every time you activate Windshield Effects to SKI.

The good news is that this is fixed which you can see on the Latest Zibo Update.

For Level Up we will incorporate the fix on the next update but If you want a workaround for you to appreciate the A/C right now. You can either move X-Plane to the root of the drive or edit what @XPJavelin has written.

Thank you guys for the feedback

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This issue btw. does not only exist for X-Plane folders not being located at the root of a drive structure, but also for alternate X-Plane folder names. My X-Plane is installed at

D:\XP11

something the lua script didn't like. Hard-coding this path in the same way XPJavelin described fixed the CTD for me as well (B738.anav.lua line 224):

--xplane_file_path			= find_dataref("zibomod/Xplane_Path")
xplane_file_path			= "D:/XP11/"

2 hours ago, daemotron said:

This issue btw. does not only exist for X-Plane folders not being located at the root of a drive structure, but also for alternate X-Plane folder names. My X-Plane is installed at

D:\XP11

something the lua script didn't like. Hard-coding this path in the same way XPJavelin described fixed the CTD for me as well (B738.anav.lua line 224):

--xplane_file_path			= find_dataref("zibomod/Xplane_Path")
xplane_file_path			= "D:/XP11/"

That is correct. I've failed to also mention this as I also tested this and have been able to reproduce it. 

Renaming it to "X-Plane 11" can also fix this

Thanks for confirming!

42 minutes ago, samy_k97 said:

Renaming it to "X-Plane 11" can also fix this

Not really - I have more than one copy installed, and they can't all be called "X-Plane 11" and reside at the root of a drive. XP12 latest will not have a default folder name "X-Plane 11", so... 😀

On 3/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, daemotron said:

Thanks for confirming!

Not really - I have more than one copy installed, and they can't all be called "X-Plane 11" and reside at the root of a drive. XP12 latest will not have a default folder name "X-Plane 11", so... 😀

This is a workaround to the problem for anyone who wants to fly the plane right now and doesn't want to actually edit a config file. If the person doesn't want to do it they can wait until an update is out sometime soon.

Also it's pretty hard to know if the plane would work in XP12 if we don't have a copy 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:25 PM, XPJavelin said:

Thank you very much for this, just inserting the standard file address to X-Plane 11 on my machine worked a treat, no more crashes with levelup 737NGs. 😀