Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

xraas saying "too fast" and "unstable" even when the approach speed is correct.

reece0306

19 minutes ago, 73samster said:

Ok I will try and thank you.  Will advise BUT ..... I am using Mac OS.  Will it ask me to replace or merge?  If so, do I merge instead?  

I don't have a mac, but recall reading Mac users stating they use merge instead of replace. So, YES, you would merge 😉

4 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

I don't have a mac, but recall reading Mac users stating they use merge instead of replace. So, YES, you would merge 😉

I have a question.  Aren't the Level Up aircrafts supposed to have a different flight model?  Meaning isn't each variant supposed to act differently of fly differently?  By copying the Zibo Mod plug in, does it make the airplane all fly exactly like the Zibo or am I not understanding?  

5 hours ago, 73samster said:

I have a question.  Aren't the Level Up aircrafts supposed to have a different flight model?  Meaning isn't each variant supposed to act differently of fly differently?  By copying the Zibo Mod plug in, does it make the airplane all fly exactly like the Zibo or am I not understanding?  

That is a good question.
And one better to be answered by someone from the LevelUp development team.

All I know, and as you can see, there is only one Plugins folder in the 737NG series folder, and that one has a ZiboMod sub folder, and the steps above have fixed some issues reported in other variants than the -800. As an example, I experienced the -600 and -700 porpoising (chasing VNAV) during cruise as well as on final approach. Updating the ZiboMod folder did resolve that issue for me.

8 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

That is a good question.
And one better to be answered by someone from the LevelUp development team.

All I know, and as you can see, there is only one Plugins folder in the 737NG series folder, and that one has a ZiboMod sub folder, and the steps above have fixed some issues reported in other variants than the -800. As an example, I experienced the -600 and -700 porpoising (chasing VNAV) during cruise as well as on final approach. Updating the ZiboMod folder did resolve that issue for me.

Got it.  Makes sense.  I did upgrade the folder while keeping a back up of the original and will fly.  I guess we will wait for the LU team to address but for now I am still trying to land the 737 but getting there.  I do love the 737 and nice to fly.  Coming from Airbus has been a challenge but a nice one.  Thanks for all the feed back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, dutchdc3 said:

Yes, transitioning from Airbus to Boeing can be a challenge. It would be the same for me going vise versa.

Glad I was able to assist.

Happy flying

Question.....do you update with every new Zibo Mod update that comes out?

3 hours ago, 73samster said:

Question.....do you update with every new Zibo Mod update that comes out?

Depends on what is in the update, and I only fly in the weekends, so usually look on Friday what the latest version is.

Like, yesterday I went from .19 to .24. And I always check if there is an update before I start my sim if I plan to fly the LevelUp or Zibo.

But I do update LevelUp whenever I update Zibo.

I hope that answers your question

2 minutes ago, dutchdc3 said:

Depends on what is in the update, and I only fly in the weekends, so usually look on Friday what the latest version is.

Like, yesterday I went from .19 to .24. And I always check if there is an update before I start my sim if I plan to fly the LevelUp or Zibo.

But I do update LevelUp whenever I update Zibo.

I hope that answers your question

Yes this answers my question.  I did update Zibo with .23 and will copy the FMOD folder to the Level Up Folder.  Unfortunately I am unable to download version .24 it is not downloading for MAC.  but I get your point.  I feel like a pro now.  LOL.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, samy_k97 said:

Do keep in mind that we won't offer support on people who do this. As it's preferable to wait for an update from us than telling someone with no experience with tinkering to exchange certain files

Understood.  Will wait for an update from Level Up Team.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, samy_k97 said:

Do keep in mind that we won't offer support on people who do this. As it's preferable to wait for an update from us than telling someone with no experience with tinkering to exchange certain files

When can we expect an update?  At very least to fix minor issues.  That might be more productive than telling us that we shouldn't be handing out pragmatic advice in the forums.  Especially since messing something up only requires a reinstallation of the aircraft to fix.  

3 hours ago, Dan said:

When can we expect an update?  At very least to fix minor issues.  That might be more productive than telling us that we shouldn't be handing out pragmatic advice in the forums.  Especially since messing something up only requires a reinstallation of the aircraft to fix.  

This thread is supposed to be about X-RAAS which don't equate to any zibo files to be replaced. You can take Zibo's X-RAAS.cfg file from his B738X and put it on the LU this will eliminate the warnings.

7 hours ago, samy_k97 said:

This thread is supposed to be about X-RAAS which don't equate to any zibo files to be replaced. You can take Zibo's X-RAAS.cfg file from his B738X and put it on the LU this will eliminate the warnings.

Question.  Why doesn't the Level Up have this X-RAAS.cfg file?  Was it supposed to be there and will be part of next update?

On 2/7/2022 at 3:13 AM, Dan said:

You do realize that conversations evolve over time, right?  I can read too.

Dan,

When people search for a particular problem they usually want a fix to that particular problem. If the thread starts to deviate and offer unrelated advice then the posts end up serving no purpose for the original thread.

The fix was simply to add the X-RAAS.cfg to the 737 NG folder and not modifying zibo's own files. Because what it ends up doing is when a future update has a lot of changes, someone who encounters this thread might take your advice then will only just get problems since that person doesn't know what he is doing and only knows that it will probably fix his problems.

My problem was never about how conversations evolve. My problem is when people are not given "just" the accurate solution. 

22 hours ago, 73samster said:

Question.  Why doesn't the Level Up have this X-RAAS.cfg file?  Was it supposed to be there and will be part of next update?

We all don't use X-RAAS. Simply because RAAS is not commonly found on the 737's (Also it's considered an annoyance to some pilots). That's why we haven't noticed this and will include it on the next update

1 hour ago, samy_k97 said:

My problem was never about how conversations evolve. My problem is when people are not given "just" the accurate solution. 

Okay, I tried not to comment on the latest interactions, as It will possibly get me in trouble, but I just have to.

On the above:
"People" were only answering questions, and I for one didn't want  to reply to the requester to create a new thread for their "off-topic" question, as that should be for moderators to address.

1 hour ago, samy_k97 said:

We all don't use X-RAAS. Simply because RAAS is not commonly found on the 737's (Also it's considered an annoyance to some pilots). That's why we haven't noticed this and will include it on the next update

LevelUp never answered to the original question. The answer had to come from someone willing to share their personal experiences.

If LevelUp or a moderator had simply answered the question in the beginning, they could have then closed the thread, so that the content provided would remain topic subject relevant.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that keeping conversations "on-topic" should be a goal, but if we want to micro-manage, then please do that from the beginning of a thread.

And I will not respond to the " it's considered an annoyance to some pilots", as that will get me banned.

Again, just my two cents.

9 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

LevelUp never answered to the original question. The answer had to come from someone willing to share their personal experiences.

If LevelUp or a moderator had simply answered the question in the beginning, they could have then closed the thread, so that the content provided would remain topic subject relevant.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that keeping conversations "on-topic" should be a goal, but if we want to micro-manage, then please do that from the beginning of a thread.

I do understand what you were saying. I had the unfortunate of my family getting COVID while out of town with limited access to the internet. This made me unable to help and moderate between the 3rd of January and 21st of January (That's why I went silent here in the forums), and I do wish to have been able to interject right at the moment when it was starting to derail. What you are saying is correct.

9 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

And I will not respond to the " it's considered an annoyance to some pilots", as that will get me banned.

This was more of a side comment on how a lot of pilots are not always fan of it. It was kinda equivalent to the "Bitchin' Betty" from the MD-80. It was not useless nor is it unrealistic, it was just a bit annoying.

We don't consider X-RAAS to be useless, it was just not on our heads because we were more focused on other stuff to be able to get the airplane to be useful.

And just for context, on Zibo's page there was no mention X-RAAS within the installation instructions, even though it contains the X-RAAS.cfg file

Full package:

1/ Delete old release (backup folder before delete)
2/ Copy folder "B737-800X" (from "full" package) to folder "XPLANE11/Aircraft/"
3/ Download and install latest TerrainRadar plugin by DrGluck (install to folder XPLANE11/Resources/plugins)
4/ Download and install latest AviTab plugin by Folko (install to folder XPLANE11/Resources/plugins)
5/ Enjoy

7 hours ago, samy_k97 said:

I do understand what you were saying. I had the unfortunate of my family getting COVID while out of town with limited access to the internet. This made me unable to help and moderate between the 3rd of January and 21st of January (That's why I went silent here in the forums), and I do wish to have been able to interject right at the moment when it was starting to derail. What you are saying is correct.

Sorry to hear about your family COVID issue. Hope everyone is okay.

I was not aware there was only one moderator dealing with all our messages/threads.

So, let's keep this Thread "On Topic" going forward.