Short announcement to everyone wanting to contribute. Please give the information in this format as said in the original forum post:

Country
[short name of the source]
Clouds: 100%
Color Match: 95%
ZL: all 15-17=100% 18-19=85%

If one of the parameter is not competed, your contribution is therefore not usable which would be a shame. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what i dont understand is when i download a tile to my custom scenery folder there is no elevation data so everything looks flat in some places especially the airport  the parked cars look 2d

but what i have also noticed is that elevation data does get produced but it is sent to the c drive for some reason 

so here are my two questions do i move the contents of the temp file produced by ortho to the custom scenery folder in my D drive or do i leave it as is?

i tried to get elevation data from viewfindpano website but when i try to import dem file it wont let me select all in rar file so i dont know what to choose.

do i use the downloaded dem file if so which htg for that region ?,if so which one?

or do i use the ortho elevation data if so where do i place the elevation data folder?or do i leave it as is? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ayed said:

what i dont understand is when i download a tile to my custom scenery folder there is no elevation data so everything looks flat in some places especially the airport  the parked cars look 2d

but what i have also noticed is that elevation data does get produced but it is sent to the c drive for some reason 

so here are my two questions do i move the contents of the temp file produced by ortho to the custom scenery folder in my D drive or do i leave it as is?

i tried to get elevation data from viewfindpano website but when i try to import dem file it wont let me select all in rar file so i dont know what to choose.

do i use the downloaded dem file if so which htg for that region ?,if so which one?

or do i use the ortho elevation data if so where do i place the elevation data folder?or do i leave it as is? 

I'm just a newbie in ortho4xp but I have already been watching some tutorials and reading a lot to start developing some tiles. I say that first because I don't know if my answer is going to be stupid. I found this web noted in a youtube video and maybe is what your are looking for: http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm

Edited by sergiosch
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

All China. It contains 1400 GB of ortho. 

Go ahead and grab some. Here's the BT seed.

BT seed file: 1.OrthoChina_Project_Download_v1.0.torrent

You can selectively download the region you need in this index picture.

1938015056_0..png.fbb597a57ae107ddb8cc24416ee9f219.png

Or you can go to the author's site directly.

https://cloud.igac.club:1032/

It's recommended to download it from bittorrent seed using qTorrent because the more people download it, the quicker it will be.

More information about the author and China Ortho Project: https://www.aericaps.org/?page_id=23129

Project site( temporarily) https://cloud.igac.club:1033/OrthoChina_Project/

Credits to GoldJohnKing & 星图地景开发组

Edited by alexander123
add link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...