SimpleFMC/ SAM problem

harris360

Can you please also post your sam.log from the SAM plugin folder. And is it crashing in 11.26 as well? And as it looks like you used VR while testing could you just make sure that it's not a VR related thing and test it in normal mode?

You may try to run XP11 as administrator as well. 

I just tried SimplfeFMC 1.43rc3 and it works fine for me so we need the other log to find out.

• Thanks 1

thank you for your quick reply. it's strange that once it crashed loading into the airport and once mid flight. i might use xoranginzer once i do a fresh install but until then i will keep my current scenery management. so i have to live without SAM for a bit or hope that it won't be scenery ini dependent in the future.

I don't know what kind of 'scenery management' you do but it should not on rely on deleting the scener_packs.ini.

Neither for this Plugin nor for any other reason. 

If you need a fresh scenery order you can delete it, start XPlane and close it again. The file will then be generated and SAM can safely be used on the second startup. 

Edited by Marten@Stairport
  • Thanks 1

i use the aaa bbb ccc ddd yyy zzz way. since i have so many airports most of them are in a _disabled folder. so when i need certain airports i move them to custom scenery and delete the scenery. ini and have it rebuit. since aaa is my airport, ddd my scenery, zzz my mesh, x-plane builds the scenery in a correct order. super fast and no need of an extra program like xOrganizer. only thing that causes a problem with this method seems to be SAM.

Edited by harris360

We are currently bound to the internal x-plane startup logic which creates the ini file after initializing the plugin. We could adapt the code so that it won't crash the sim but then SAM would be completely deactivated which is not helpful in your case.

We'll see if there is another workaround but it's nothing to be fixed easily.

• Thanks 1