Jump to content

X-Crafts Embraer E-175/195 SimVRLabs Implementation

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

I have begun working on the X-Crafts Embraer E-175 and E-195.

This update tweaks nearly everything to work better in VR in a more 'intuitive' way.


So far, the manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-All MCP functions
-All lighting/dimmer knobs
-Flaps with detents
-Speedbrake with detent
-Throttles with detents
-Various teleport hotspots (Including F/O seat)


The update will include the usual array of SImVRLabs goodies. 😊


Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported update by the developer, so don't expect support from him on it. If you need help you can always ask me or just revert to your backed up folders. If you lose the old files and just want to reset everything just reinstall the aircraft.

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


The plane is now a little over half done. Almost every knob and switch has been tuned or overhauled to better suit VR. Because some have been overhauled, the mod will make the planes difficult to use in 2D.

The 2D functionality is not gone, however some of the manipulators will not be as intuitive as they once were in the vanilla installation. There is nothing that I can do about this. 

X-Crafts have approved the mod, meaning that it will for sure be released without any complications. (The VRconfig and cockpit.OBJ will be installed normally)

I am very excited to bring these 2 awesome aircraft into the VR world. I hope you are just as excited as I am.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Hey guys,


A quick update about the Embraer progress:

Currently, the E-195 is my testing platform. This means that any new work that is done is on the E-195 FIRST, tested, refined, and then moved to the E-175 as they are almost identical under the hood. Please keep it in mind that when I reference the plane(s) unspecifically, I am always talking about the E-195 and cannot guarantee the E-175 to be functionally identical on release.

As of now, both Embraers are about 50% complete. I have tuned about 75% of the knobs and switches to work flawlessly in VR, but I have run into a problem with the remaining 25% which requires X-Crafts to help out. Because of this, work on both jets are minimal or stalled completely until January 8/9.

I have gone ahead and disabled all functions useful in 2D, but annoying in VR:

  • PFD Popup
  • MFD Popup
  • EICAS Popup
  • FMS Popup
  • Yoke Hide/Unhide

So far, the manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

  • All MCP functions
  • All lighting/dimmer knobs
  • Flaps with detents
  • Speedbrake with detent
  • Throttles with detents
  • Various teleport hotspots (Including F/O seat)
  • Radio Knobs
  • Most overhead knobs
  • All overhead switches
  • Engine control guards
  • Windows
  • Cockpit door
  • Arm rests
  • All 3 MCDU's


As of now, the only things left to do are:

  • Finish overhead knobs with X-Crafts' help
  • Clean up green VR manipulation zones
  • Bring the yoke into VR
  • Experiment with thrust reversers, side menu, and cabin door(s) although none of these is mandatory for release.

I will try to bring the sidebar menu into VR, but that will either be a hit or miss if it works.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,


A quick update:

Progress on the EJets is currently still stalled. I am working closely with X-Crafts who graciously gave me the dataref ID's for the remaining knobs that are to be tuned. I am currently on vacation,  but work should resume mid-late this week.

I'm very excited about this project. The EJets work phenomenally in VR.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • To be able to comment, start new topics, download files or get access to certain parts of the forum you will have to be Signed in.

    Sign up to participate

  • Current Donation Goals

  • Threshold News

  • Threshold articles

  • Threshold clubs


Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use