X-Crafts Embraer E-175/195 SimVRLabs Implementation

Guest Shenherm

Guest Shenherm

Hey guys,

I have begun working on the X-Crafts Embraer E-175 and E-195.

This update tweaks nearly everything to work better in VR in a more 'intuitive' way.

So far, the manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-All MCP functions
-All lighting/dimmer knobs
-Flaps with detents
-Speedbrake with detent
-Throttles with detents
-Various teleport hotspots (Including F/O seat)

The update will include the usual array of SImVRLabs goodies. 😊

image.thumb.png.e7e81fa76070439f2e65290cd1af271a.png

Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported update by the developer, so don't expect support from him on it. If you need help you can always ask me or just revert to your backed up folders. If you lose the old files and just want to reset everything just reinstall the aircraft.

Guest Shenherm

UPDATE:

The plane is now a little over half done. Almost every knob and switch has been tuned or overhauled to better suit VR. Because some have been overhauled, the mod will make the planes difficult to use in 2D.

The 2D functionality is not gone, however some of the manipulators will not be as intuitive as they once were in the vanilla installation. There is nothing that I can do about this. 

X-Crafts have approved the mod, meaning that it will for sure be released without any complications. (The VRconfig and cockpit.OBJ will be installed normally)

I am very excited to bring these 2 awesome aircraft into the VR world. I hope you are just as excited as I am.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Cheers,

Guest Shenherm

UPDATE:

Hey guys,

A quick update about the Embraer progress:

Currently, the E-195 is my testing platform. This means that any new work that is done is on the E-195 FIRST, tested, refined, and then moved to the E-175 as they are almost identical under the hood. Please keep it in mind that when I reference the plane(s) unspecifically, I am always talking about the E-195 and cannot guarantee the E-175 to be functionally identical on release.

As of now, both Embraers are about 50% complete. I have tuned about 75% of the knobs and switches to work flawlessly in VR, but I have run into a problem with the remaining 25% which requires X-Crafts to help out. Because of this, work on both jets are minimal or stalled completely until January 8/9.

I have gone ahead and disabled all functions useful in 2D, but annoying in VR:

• PFD Popup
  • MFD Popup
  • EICAS Popup
  • FMS Popup
  • Yoke Hide/Unhide

So far, the manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

• All MCP functions
  • All lighting/dimmer knobs
  • Flaps with detents
  • Speedbrake with detent
  • Throttles with detents
  • Various teleport hotspots (Including F/O seat)
  • Radio Knobs
  • Most overhead knobs
  • All overhead switches
  • Engine control guards
  • Windows
  • Cockpit door
  • Arm rests
  • All 3 MCDU's

As of now, the only things left to do are:

• Finish overhead knobs with X-Crafts' help
  • Clean up green VR manipulation zones
  • Bring the yoke into VR
  • Experiment with thrust reversers, side menu, and cabin door(s) although none of these is mandatory for release.

I will try to bring the sidebar menu into VR, but that will either be a hit or miss if it works.

264997757_1(1of1).thumb.jpg.fd0651bcd5b50a26e30242dc9f014f88.jpg

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shenherm

Hi guys,

A quick update:

Progress on the EJets is currently still stalled. I am working closely with X-Crafts who graciously gave me the dataref ID's for the remaining knobs that are to be tuned. I am currently on vacation,  but work should resume mid-late this week.

I'm very excited about this project. The EJets work phenomenally in VR.

Cheers, 

Matheson 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Shenherm

Hey guys,

A quick update: the project is not dead. I've been working with XCrafts on a secondary project while this one was on hold.

Because this plane uses old-fashioned 'Panel manipulators', it will be a while before I can get this out. It's not quite as simply as the other projects.

Right now, both jets fly beautifully in VR. I cant wait to share them with you.

Matheson 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shenherm

Update Time!

I am essentially rebuilding the cockpit.OBJ file from scratch because the default system does not permit VR manipulators. Work is progressing nicely, though.

Because I am reworking the aircraft's manipulation system and cockpit.OBJ, I will need a small team to help me test that NO system functionality is lost. If you'd like to help out, please PM me.

Matheson

image.png.bf2fd2ae48197f82641097eb1753f765.png

image.png.0d17dc0b4f41f54024d738099464c7b3.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shenherm

Well, 6 months later, the 2 jets are in VR beta!

I have completely reworked the cockpit.OBJ file from the ground up to ensure that the jets are future-proof and won't break with coming XPlane updates (VR Updates). More info to come.

Matheson

Screenshot_1.png.3dd493734f3c719d9118057227d4d736.png

• 2 months later...
Guest Shenherm

9 months later, the jets are at the point where they can be released.

This project has taken so long because it includes a brand new cockpit.obj, custom scripting (made by Joe), and a trial persistence script (made by Joe).

I have unfortunately run out of time to work on these 2 jets, so I am releasing them with a few known bugs:

• On the 175, the manipulator locations are slightly offset from the 3D geometry. This does not affect any functionality whatsoever.
  • There are a few push buttons that do not light up as they should. This appears to only affect a few, but does not affect functionality.
  • The engine control knobs are finicky, but are as good as we can make them.

As always, if there are any bugs that you come across, let me know! I'll do my best to fix them.

This package includes:

•  A brand new cockpit.OBJ built FOR VR (this may not perform optimally in 2D) 
  • Panel state persistence custom coded by Joe. The aircraft should now load in the same state that you left it in.
  • Working yokes, thrust levers, windows, knobs, switches, buttons
  • Various teleport hotspots throughout the aircraft

This is an UNOFFICIAL modification. Support will NOT be provided by X-Crafts.  

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png