have to re confure SAM after working in Overlay Editor

Juank380

Hello guys,

My name is Juan and I develop scenery, I have to work sometimes with overlay editor and I have to say that whenever I edit  scenery on overlay editor the gates and docking systems of the entire airport stop working and will have to reconfigure them, is there a way to prevent this of happening?

Thanks in advance for any help

Juan

Hi Juan,

the plugin identifies the jetway objects by their position (coordinates). In case you change them you will loose your entire configuration. The Overlay Editor is quite outdated but should work. It might be possible that it changes the coordinates in a decimal place everytime you export the scenery. Please compare the exported .dsf files in terms of coordinates of the objects.

Greets Marten

• 1 year later...

Hi @Marten@Stairport

So I also like adding static elements to sceneries that use SAM using Overlay Editor. Ive been constantly running into the issue of the edited scenery having jetways that stick straight out instead of the normal appearance that comes with the out-of-the-box scenery. I noticed you said the values have to be the same in the .dsf file. Issue is. The .dsf file is written in a bunch of unreadable characters so there is no logical way of doing this. 

Hope you can help clear this up. 

Sam